San Juan pre-cruise hotels

zabs

Looking for recommendations for a 3-night stay pre-cruise in Puerto Rico in February. It's been many years since we've sailed out of San Juan and I remember feeling that many of the hotels were pretty worn down. Has anyone stayed there recently and can you recommend any place? Thanks!

12 minutes ago, zabs said:

Looking for recommendations for a 3-night stay pre-cruise in Puerto Rico in February. It's been many years since we've sailed out of San Juan and I remember feeling that many of the hotels were pretty worn down. Has anyone stayed there recently and can you recommend any place? Thanks!

Sheraton Old San Juan, just across the street from the pier Carnival (and occasional other lines) uses.  As of a year ago it was in good shape - is right on the edge of the Old City

4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Sheraton Old San Juan, just across the street from the pier Carnival (and occasional other lines) uses.  As of a year ago it was in good shape - is right on the edge of the Old City

This is our go to hotel for pre-cruise in San Juan. Thanks for mentioning it.

7 hours ago, zabs said:

I probably wouldn't pick the Sheraton Old San Juan for a three night stay because it isn't on or near a beach...but being located on a nice beach is one of my priorities on a multi day stay as I wouldn't have enough to do during the day if I stayed in Old San Juan for three days.

There are any number of good hotels on the Condado and in Isla Verde. We often stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort which  is near the airport and on a beautiful beach.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, zabs said:

La Concha…. Take a front sea view room.

We liked the Sheridan Old San Juan as well, but they did upgrade us to a room with a bedroom and facing the cruise port which made it nice. Last couple times I went there, the prices had went up so much that we didn't stay again. They do have an open air with walls around it rooftop pool which is cool at night and a great view of the city.

We also like the Decanter hotel. Very nice rooms with a bedroom and kitchen area in a good location and within walking distance to many places. They had doors that opened up the living room to outside and was nice. There's a rooftop terrace to hang out at.

• Thanks 1