My quick thoughts on the Glory

Thad409

All in all we were on vacation and we had a good time. 

The Bad.

Embarkation was the worst that we have ever been through, we have sailed out of NOLA twice before and was a pleasure, but this time was a mass state of confusion and disorganization. We arrived and dropped of luggage and proceeded to check in and were told to wait outside along with the rest of 3000 passengers in the 100 degree sun until our zone was called. Our check in time was 1030 and were not called until 12. finally on the ship at 1pm.

The suit was just Ok but that's what I was expecting.

We had your time dining and even after checking in for dinner on the HUB app wait times would be as long as a 90 min

The Glory was overbooked from what our Room attendant Webster said ( who was awesome) by over 430 passengers so this enplanes the overly long lines everywhere.

The show were high school quality but the tried but just not what you would expect,

The ship itself was tired looking and really showed her age,

The Good

We were on Vacation.

The steak house was excellent. 

The Erald Trio Violene players were the best entertainment on the cruise.

O2 Club was a big hit with our 15 yo son

Food was hit or miss

Drinks on them was nice

This was just my thoughts.

we will see what the Breeze is like in March

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

i always think i've sailed the Glory (and Legend) but my expanded signature clearly documents we havent.  i do like that class of ship, however.  

Breeze was my first and will always hold a special place in my travel heart.  we have been pretty lucky with embarkations the past several years. much, much quicker than it was in my first few sails where it wasnt unusual to snake back and forth in line for a pretty considerable amount of time.  

i dont think we have been over 15 mins this decade... (except for NCL in San Juan, THAT was a commitment) 

1 hour ago, Thad409 said:

All in all we were on vacation and we had a good time. 

The Bad.

Embarkation was the worst that we have ever been through, we have sailed out of NOLA twice before and was a pleasure, but this time was a mass state of confusion and disorganization. We arrived and dropped of luggage and proceeded to check in and were told to wait outside along with the rest of 3000 passengers in the 100 degree sun until our zone was called. Our check in time was 1030 and were not called until 12. finally on the ship at 1pm.

The suit was just Ok but that's what I was expecting.

We had your time dining and even after checking in for dinner on the HUB app wait times would be as long as a 90 min

The Glory was overbooked from what our Room attendant Webster said ( who was awesome) by over 430 passengers so this enplanes the overly long lines everywhere.

The show were high school quality but the tried but just not what you would expect,

The ship itself was tired looking and really showed her age,

The Good

We were on Vacation.

The steak house was excellent. 

The Erald Trio Violene players were the best entertainment on the cruise.

O2 Club was a big hit with our 15 yo son

Food was hit or miss

Drinks on them was nice

This was just my thoughts.

we will see what the Breeze is like in March

Thank you for your thoughts!!  😊😊

Hugs from North Texas!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thad409 said:

Embarkation was the worst that we have ever been through, we have sailed out of NOLA twice before and was a pleasure, but this time was a mass state of confusion and disorganization.

We sailed on the Glory in May, our 5th on this ship.  We were really surprised at how bad embarkation was, considering in the past NOLA was much more organized.  Fortunately we were able to go inside and sit down (c/in time for us was 10:30 AM also).  But so were all of the other people, regardless of what their check-in time was.  Check-in times didn't seem to matter. It was a mess, but we were on board by 11:15, so that was nice.  Glad you still had a good time, as did we.  CCL is just a mess these days IMHO.  Thanks for posting - misery loves company LOL! 🙂 

The glory was the first ship I sailed on within the carnival cruise lines brand.

At that time she was very very new , out of port Canaveral. We had just started our family cruises  . It was a great time to cruise - value  , outstanding food and great services.

I think that why i have a fondness for that class of ship. She started a cruise frenzy for the next 12 years. It took us about 12 or so years before we got back to more land vacations . If she ever comes back to florida i will jump on her and her lido balcony cabins ! 

We did Glory twice, out of Manhattan
but that was a hundred years ago now

- like 2011 and 2013 -

for the Canada Cruise, out to Halifax and back!

It was a nice ship, back then

but not lively like the Southern Caribbean cruises
we so often boarded here in Barbados
with a bunch of crazy P.Ricans on board... lol
they were fun (sometimes)

Sail-296.jpg

Glory-345.jpg

Glory-417.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carsastic said:

The glory was the first ship I sailed on within the carnival cruise lines brand.

At that time she was very very new , out of port Canaveral. We had just started our family cruises  . It was a great time to cruise - value  , outstanding food and great services.

I think that why i have a fondness for that class of ship. She started a cruise frenzy for the next 12 years. It took us about 12 or so years before we got back to more land vacations . If she ever comes back to florida i will jump on her and her lido balcony cabins ! 

Glory will be back in Port Canaveral next year (in May I think). We went on her in 2004 and loved it!

• Thanks 1