Can I get internet for one device and sign in and out

6 minutes ago, paminohio said:

Is the internet package tied to an actual device or just a log in? Wondering if my husband and I can use on our phones as long as we log out. Thank you.

Yes, that’s what we do.

Is the package unlimited?  So do you not need to log out?  I know on some cruise lines you are limited to so many minutes.  If you do not log out your minutes will be used up very quickly.

So you can purchase only 1 package for a stateroom?

5 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

Is the package unlimited?  So do you not need to log out?  I know on some cruise lines you are limited to so many minutes.  If you do not log out your minutes will be used up very quickly.

It is unlimited useage per day. There is no time limit. The only stipulation is that only one device can be logged in at a time.

You don't actually have to take turns to access the package. If one person logs into the package, then turns on their phone's wifi hotspot, the other person can access the internet by connecting to the hotspot. We did this on our last cruise (in March 2023) on the Spectrum OTS and we were both able to watch YouTube at the same time on a Surf & Stream package.

24 minutes ago, cathyinperth said:

You don't actually have to take turns to access the package. If one person logs into the package, then turns on their phone's wifi hotspot, the other person can access the internet by connecting to the hotspot. We did this on our last cruise (in March 2023) on the Spectrum OTS and we were both able to watch YouTube at the same time on a Surf & Stream package.

Most phones do not have the feature that allows you to Hotspot wifi. 

1 hour ago, cathyinperth said:

Did Spectrum have Starlink?

On 7/13/2023 at 9:44 AM, Rob-Bob said:

Yes.  It is unlimited.  If you get it for one device, you need to switch log in and off in order to switch users.  We usually just splurge for the two device option so my husband and I can each stay logged in.

• Like 1