Shopping for watches while on shore in Bahamas

32 minutes ago, BND said:

There is a jewelry board called Price Scope.  I no longer go on it as it's full of all kinds of snobs, including watch ones.  There are threads with people who not only own lots of expensive jewelry, but also watches.  They treat their high end watches like expensive jewelry and believe me, they are very snobby about them.    I have some very nice jewelry, but when it comes to watches, I don't even wear my regular old Citizen Eco-Drives anymore (I have a couple of very nice ones) because I wear my fitbit everyday which is far from pretty lol.

Yeah, I frequented a watch forum for a little while years back. The snob level wasn't actually THAT bad, but I just wasn't that serious.

My "nice" watch is a Movado (gasp, horror, that's not a high end watch at all) but I love how it looks.

My everyday watch is an Invicta automatic (bigger gasp, Invictas suck). I got it on Amazon like 10 years ago for $65, it's a Rolex look-alike, it's still running, and I don't have to buy batteries. Funny anecdote, I walked into a watch outlet here in Orlando and from a distance a clerk asked if my Invicta was a Rolex. 🤣

I'm really not a jewelry guy and don't give a crap what anyone else thinks (like with most things in life). Like what you like. Never understood the reason to judge others as long as they're not harming anyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vibe said:

I wonder if there is a category for Handbags Snobs?

Yes, there is also a purse forum and it's all about designer purses, bragging and showing them off.  I can't remember the name of the forum anymore.  

• Like 1

I have two tags , and older link and an automatic carrera chronometer and my wife has the carerra chronometer with all the diamonds around the circumference . 

I bought them because i like the way they look. 🙂

I only bring the link with me when cruising and leave the carerra at home.My wife brings an alternate watch with her also. 

Anyone shopping for a watch should be aware that many sellers, especially online and 3rd party

sellers, are not likely to be authorized users. The watches they are selling MAY have been altered, such as having the serial numbers removed or "upgraded" with new diamond dials and/or bezels. This also may mean that some parts may have been replaced with non original manufacturer parts. For example, the Rolex watches sold on most cruise ships are "Certified Preowned", and do not come with MFR warranties.

Just know before you go.

Barb

• Like 1