Oceania Insider, Allura

mauibabes

The OP only asked the first part of of a big question for future O cruises:

1.  Where is Allura going?

2. which ship will do the 2026 ATW?

3.  Which R ships, and at what schedule, will start leaving the fleet?

4. where do the O ships go?

the next 60 days will unveil a very interesting picture. Grab your popcorn! 

• Like 3

My understanding is the Allura Itineraries are due out for viewing August 23, with the Booking window opening about 3 weeks later after the middle of September. Lots of time to create interest and booking excitement to mirror the Vista booking frenzy, I am sure they are 🙏👍

Now the real Q is what ships go where and when as Pinot has pondered. Is this a FIFO  system, with the oldest R ships hitting the 30 year mark and going out to “pasture” first?  The O and RSS and NCL construction schedules are in place to accomplish this rotation so Allura will not be the only O new build in process in 2025 and thereafter. This whole question will make for lots of click bait and CC Board chatter, all based on facts, fiction and opinions shared by named and unnamed sources. Again, if it is not coming from a guy named FDR, it is a lot on conjecture and reading of the tea leaves and crystal balls. 

The two biggest markets with the most untapped potential for a line like Oceania is South America and Asia with Asia #1. Bets are on Riviera or Vista spending a lot of time in the Asian market. On the Vista Founder’s Cruise, behind US guests, the number 2 nationality was Chinese from Hong Kong. South America could be interesting if the itineraries and the seasons could be enhanced and geopolitical situations stabilize to promote more and more tourism because that area of the world is beautiful. There certainly won’t be mega-ships heading down there. JMHO.

Ciao,

Mauibabes

Riviera is going to Asia I believe - if I remember correctly from the future cruise presentation I went to in December. 

I am curious to see if the rumours about a different ship doing the ATW in 2026 are correct. if we have an O class going to the South Pacific I would be very interested, I can’t afford to shell out on a PH and decent airfare for that region, but would happily slum it in a verandah on an O or A class. Anything below PH is a hard no for us on an R class - I would consider a solo fare on an R but I don’t think Marital Unit would be very happy 😉

Edited by ToxM
Added some words
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ToxM said:

Riviera is going to Asia I believe - if I remember correctly from the future cruise presentation I went to in December. 

I am curious to see if the rumours about a different ship doing the ATW in 2026 are correct. if we have an O class going to the South Pacific I would be very interested, I can’t afford to shell out on a PH and decent airfare for that region, but would happily slum it in a verandah on an O or A class. Anything below PH is a hard no for us on an R class - I would consider a solo fare on an R but I don’t think Marital Unit would be very happy 😉

I am very interested in coming back to O and Allura may be the impetus...especially in the South Pacific which is what I am interested too.  My spousal unit hasn't minded me doing three previous solo cruises.  However I would prefer her wanting to join if she could.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

On 8/17/2023 at 4:17 PM, ToxM said:

Found an Australian article that speaks to Riviera being based in Australia which fits with the Sydney port schedule but she could be doing both australia and Asia. 

Vista is on the Darwin port schedule in April which fits with a world cruise timeline. There is also an Oceania “unknown” ship in Sydney about 9 days before which is also likely to be vista.   

• Thanks 1