Cafe Promenade on the Odyssey

From what I read, the Café Promenade on the Odyssey has specialty coffee drinks like lattes, cappuccino, espresso, etc., but when I look at videos and pictures of that space I don't see any espresso machines nor do I see menus, prices, etc.   I wondering if they make the drinks in some back space or if specialty coffee isn't prepared here.  The space looks a lot bigger on other ships, so maybe with Starbucks they stopped specialty coffee here?  

Cafe Promenade 

OdyDec-80149-1647528853.webp

Cafe 270

Here I clearly see an espresso machine. 

OdyDec-65100-1632018744.webp

And I see at the Windjammer Bar what appears to be an espresso machine behind the bartender.  

windjammer-specialty-coffee-station-just-inside-starboard-side-entrance-in-the-center-1-scaled.jpg?fit=840%2C630&ssl=1

On Ovation in May, they were adding the espresso machine to the Sorrento's pizza right next door (through the open doorway in your 1st pic). It's in the area to the left of the pizza ovens. It wasn't ready yet during my cruise but that might the case for Odyssey as well.

20 minutes ago, chazzinator8 said:

On Ovation in May, they were adding the espresso machine to the Sorrento's pizza right next door (through the open doorway in your 1st pic). It's in the area to the left of the pizza ovens. It wasn't ready yet during my cruise but that might the case for Odyssey as well.

In this area?  That would be great.   We love lattes and specialty coffee.  Looking at a Cafe 270 menu, we might even indulge in some of those coffee drinks with spirits.  Those sound very yummy 😋

image.png.41a9ce7d02b2ca8fa127af2c21394d33.png

32 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

In this area?  That would be great.   We love lattes and specialty coffee.  Looking at a Cafe 270 menu, we might even indulge in some of those coffee drinks with spirits.  Those sound very yummy 😋

Yep, that's the area! They had an espresso machine being set up but not operating yet.

50 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

The machines could have been problematic. They were removed and reinstalled in the DL. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chazzinator8 said:

Yep, that's the area! They had an espresso machine being set up but not operating yet.

I wonder if it was being replaced, because I was on the Ovation in March from Australia for 5 legs and it was always there. I could have sworn I saw people getting coffee there, but maybe I’m wrong. Maybe it was just set up, but not working.

5 hours ago, Joe33472 said:

From what I read, the Café Promenade on the Odyssey has specialty coffee drinks like lattes, cappuccino, espresso, etc., but when I look at videos and pictures of that space I don't see any espresso machines nor do I see menus, prices, etc.   I wondering if they make the drinks in some back space or if specialty coffee isn't prepared here.  The space looks a lot bigger on other ships, so maybe with Starbucks they stopped specialty coffee here?  

Cafe Promenade on Quantum class ships has never had specialty coffee.  We have sailed Anthem and Quantum and the specialty coffee is available in La Patisserie which is located across the Royal Esplanade from Cafe Promenade.  Odyssey is a little different since it is Quantum Ultra class.  Deck plans show Starbucks where La Patisserie is located on the other Quantum class ships.  We have yet to sail Odyssey and would like to know from someone who has actually sailed Odyssey whether specialty coffee from that location is covered by the refreshment package and deluxe beverage package.

8 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Cafe Promenade on Quantum class ships has never had specialty coffee.  We have sailed Anthem and Quantum and the specialty coffee is available in La Patisserie which is located across the Royal Esplanade from Cafe Promenade.  Odyssey is a little different since it is Quantum Ultra class.  Deck plans show Starbucks where La Patisserie is located on the other Quantum class ships.  We have yet to sail Odyssey and would like to know from someone who has actually sailed Odyssey whether specialty coffee from that location is covered by the refreshment package and deluxe beverage package.

I'll find out in 2 weeks, not sailing Odyssey but I'll be on Spectrum, which is also a Quantum Ultra-Class, and it has the Patisserie. It also has a tea shop. I'm not sure if that's a venue specific to Spectrum or if Odyssey has one also, but to my knowledge, the drink package works there. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

On 7/14/2023 at 1:12 PM, crzndeb said:

I wonder if it was being replaced, because I was on the Ovation in March from Australia for 5 legs and it was always there. I could have sworn I saw people getting coffee there, but maybe I’m wrong. Maybe it was just set up, but not working.

I asked if it was open but was told by the folks at La Patisserie across the way that it wasn't ready yet. 🤷‍♂️