Turning Platinum on a back to back cruise

BigJoe70

I will turn Platinum on a back-to-back on a Carnival cruise. I hit day 75 during the second week. Will I be Platinum the first week or second. I assume the second, but I had to link the two cruises and that's where I get confused. 

15 hours ago, BigJoe70 said:

I will turn Platinum on a back-to-back on a Carnival cruise. I hit day 75 during the second week. Will I be Platinum the first week or second. I assume the second, but I had to link the two cruises and that's where I get confused. 

@BigJoe70

Thank you for your new topic on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns a specific cruise line and is off topic there.

To help you out, your new thread has been moved to the Carnival Cruise Lines forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Carnival frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Hi, our last cruise when I turned Platinum on the 2nd leg of B2B…I was given a Platinum sign & sail card upon embarking for the 1st leg (so technically not quite Platinum level yet).

I was given the Platinum perks right away!

Now, that being said, my PVP (pre cruise) told me Platinum status wouldn’t start until the 2nd leg…but…😎 🥳

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I turned Diamond on a second leg back in 2019, but my card was Diamond for first leg also. 

I am wondering if the fact that we are in two different cabins would make a difference.

7 minutes ago, cellfree said:

I am wondering if the fact that we are in two different cabins would make a difference.

Not sure if that would, but maybe call and have the 2 cruises linked together.

We are going to be in same situation of turning Platinum on second leg of B2B. Will we get to use priority boarding when getting on ship for first leg? If so does that mean we can show up anytime or still in our check in window?

Edited by slavigne5577

We’ve had different experiences. When we turned gold from red status, we received the gold card on the first part of our B2B.  When we turned platinum from gold status, we did not receive the updated status one either of our b2b2b legs. We finally went to guest services on the third leg and after much back and forth, they finally agreed to give us the change. In the situation, we hit 75 days on the very last full sea day. I don’t think their computer system had caught up which was causing the issue. Our VIFP account reflected 75 days a week or so after we returned home.

17 hours ago, slavigne5577 said:

We are going to be in same situation of turning Platinum on second leg of B2B. Will we get to use priority boarding when getting on ship for first leg? If so does that mean we can show up anytime or still in our check in window?

You asked about priority boarding if Platinum, even if Platinum you still have to check in (you can check in earlier than others but sorry i forget the exact time frame) to get your assigned time and then once you get to embarkation you can find the priority line which is not always obvious. All this to say, if you indeed are Platinum on the first leg the computer should let you check in earlier to receive a better/earlier time of that is what you want. When your sign in to your account/cruise it should tell you when you are eligible to check in.

I agree with the comment that it varies. My sister is currently on the first leg of a B2B and expects to turn Platinum on the second leg. She did not receive Platinum on the first leg. Since she has not yet achieved that status she is getting emails now telling her to check in for the second leg and choose a boarding time, print out luggage tags, etc. for the second embarkation which is still several days away. Her travel agent and guest services on board have assured her Carnival knows she’s on a B2B and will provide specific instructions about turnaround day.

I am pretty sure that since they close the books on the first cruise when it ends she will get a new folio account and therefore a new card, presumably Platinum. I hope so anyway!

P.S. to my comment above: I suggested she check those supposed luggage tags for the second leg and they do not say priority. But we think that may be because she has not yet completed the first leg. She did not book the two legs at the same time, so part of Carnival’s computer still thinks of it as two separate cruises rather than one big one on which she turns Platinum.