Retreat personalization email (2025 Millennium)

zitsky

I received a nice email asking how I want to personalize the cabin.  But my sailing isn’t listed because it’s too far out.  Should I just call I suppose?  Not sure why they would send it when I can’t choose my sailing.

There is nothing major that we want to change.  They do ask what wine we would like.  Not name just category.  White, red, sparkling.

The emails were have received have had a number of questions such as arrival time, type of pillow, extra hangers, red white or sparkling wine.  

The emails have come about 2 weeks or less before sailing. 

Even that close to sailing the info doesn’t make it to the ship.  I wouldn’t count on a request sent in 2023 to be communicated to the for a 2025 sailing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

The emails were have received have had a number of questions such as arrival time, type of pillow, extra hangers, red white or sparkling wine.  

The emails have come about 2 weeks or less before sailing. 

Even that close to sailing the info doesn’t make it to the ship.  I wouldn’t count on a request sent in 2023 to be communicated to the for a 2025 sailing.

Same here.  Even when we get the emails 90% of the time or more the requests aren't handled.  That said, with one recent exception we've always had great luck meeting with the butler upon embarkation who handles it all nicely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got one about 10 days ago for our September 2 cruise. I replied I would give specifics after we check in on the 19th. Got a follow up email that she is waiting happily to assist us. Except for one cruise our requests and dining reservations were all in place when we boarded. The exception was quickly remedied. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We got one about 10 days ago for our September 2 cruise. I replied I would give specifics after we check in on the 19th. Got a follow up email that she is waiting happily to assist us. Except for one cruise our requests and dining reservations were all in place when we boarded. The exception was quickly remedied. 

Thanks.  We mostly care about pillows.  It’s nice to have a choice about wine since sparkling is not great.

40 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks.  We mostly care about pillows.  It’s nice to have a choice about wine since sparkling is not great.

Both of those items can quickly be handled by the Butler or cabin attendant on embarkation.

• Like 1

We got an email about 3 weeks before our Constellation trip.  We stayed in a Penthouse Suite.  Everything we requested was taken care of.  As an "above-and-beyond".......I asked for a joven Mezcal for one of our in-room-bar choices (thinking that the ship would have some kind of Mezcal on board).  Arriving in the room, there were 2 bottles of Mezcal - one of which happened to be a favorite brand of ours.  However, at the bars on the ship we could not find Mezcal anywhere.  I asked the concierge about this, and he told me he sent someone to the liquor store near the port to get our bottles.  I was pretty darn impressed!!

• Like 3

I don’t believe we’ve ever not received the email closer to the sailing which gives you options for specific requests, celebrations, etc. It’s the phone call that appears to be  random for Sky Suites, unlike in upper suites. 

• Like 1