Christmas cruises after paid in full date

browerjs

18 minutes ago, browerjs said:

Can you ever get a deal on a cruise over Christmas after the paid in full date, or is earlier always better?

Canceling and rebooking under a new offer may result in cancellation fees negating any deals

Just now, Elaine5715 said:

Canceling and rebooking under a new offer may result in cancellation fees negating any deals

I don’t have anything booked for ‘23 yet.  Just wondering if there is any shot, or I should just book a ‘24 for cheaper.

2 minutes ago, browerjs said:

I don’t have anything booked for ‘23 yet.  Just wondering if there is any shot, or I should just book a ‘24 for cheaper.

Gotcha...there is a small possibly for a "pack and go" offer last minute if you are lucky to get one 

18 minutes ago, browerjs said:

Definitely worth looking, especially since you are willing to go next year as a back up. 

People do cancel and last minute deals pop up. You just have to be diligent in looking and flexible on what you're willing to take.

Good luck - I'm rooting for you!

Our cruise in September is sold out.  Also, our cruise in November is already sold out.  These aren't even holiday weeks when kids are out of school. Cruises are selling out a lot now.  If you are wanting to go in 2024, you probably want to book soon.  John Heald had a post about how 2024 is filling up fast.  It looks like prices are going to be higher for the foreseeable future.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Our cruise in September is sold out.  Also, our cruise in November is already sold out.  These aren't even holiday weeks when kids are out of school. Cruises are selling out a lot now.  If you are wanting to go in 2024, you probably want to book soon.  John Heald had a post about how 2024 is filling up fast.  It looks like prices are going to be higher for the foreseeable future.

My 4/6/24 Hawaii cruise has been sold out for awhile now. We also booked a 12/1/24 journey cruise 3.5 months ago. The same balcony cabin is already $440 pp higher today. Planning as far ahead as is practical is almost always the best deal.

10 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Totally agree with Lee. Cruise prices are up because of post-Covid 'revenge' travel.  Now at some point that settles out. But that's not today.

I agree, not now - if HAL can do this, imagine what the other lines will see 😁

"Holland America Line bookings on July 11 were higher than on any day in the brand’s 150-year history, according to a statement from the Carnival Corporation brand.

Booking revenues also broke the line’s single-day record.

Most of the sailings booked July 11 were for 2024 and 2025, showing that cruisers are planning ahead and eager to travel, the company said."

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/07/holland-america-line-has-highest-booking-day-in-brands-history/

7 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

I agree, not now - if HAL can do this, imagine what the other lines will see 😁

"Holland America Line bookings on July 11 were higher than on any day in the brand’s 150-year history, according to a statement from the Carnival Corporation brand.

Booking revenues also broke the line’s single-day record.

Most of the sailings booked July 11 were for 2024 and 2025, showing that cruisers are planning ahead and eager to travel, the company said."

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/07/holland-america-line-has-highest-booking-day-in-brands-history/

We booked for the new Jubilee in June 2022, and just did a mock booking and that same interior cabin is $3500 more. I know it's now the inaugural cruise but that is a very large increase.

• Like 1