Flights to Seattle....

Gopher40

Recently booked NCL 7 day Alaskan cruise on the Encore for 4/28 - 5-/5 of 2024. First time cruisers. Flights will be booked by NCL (second flyer free promo). We are debating requesting a day early flight into Seattle. Less stress about getting there in  time, and hopefully a chance to look around Seattle a bit. I'm aware we will lose airport transportation into town (no big deal as they refund a portion of that cost). My bigger question is to whether you can get booked early enough the preceding day to have some time into Seattle. If they book us on a flight that arrives there at 10:00 at night there really isn't much of a point. Anyone out there have any experience with this?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Gopher40 said:

Recently booked NCL 7 day Alaskan cruise on the Encore for 4/28 - 5-/5 of 2024. First time cruisers. Flights will be booked by NCL (second flyer free promo). We are debating requesting a day early flight into Seattle. Less stress about getting there in  time, and hopefully a chance to look around Seattle a bit. I'm aware we will lose airport transportation into town (no big deal as they refund a portion of that cost). My bigger question is to whether you can get booked early enough the preceding day to have some time into Seattle. If they book us on a flight that arrives there at 10:00 at night there really isn't much of a point. Anyone out there have any experience with this?

Thanks

You never know what flights they haved booked for you until about 45 days from your cruise.  At that point it is too late to change anything.  Given the distance you are traveling, I would try to come into Seattle 2 days early.

Did you also book thier hotel package?

7 minutes ago, Gopher40 said:

Haven't booked hotel package. We're just tossing this about in our head right now.

What are you looking for in a hotel?  Maybe I can help.  Downtown hotels are more expensive than the ones out by the airport.  With your cruise this early in the Season, hotels downtown may not charge you Summer rates.

The Marriott Waterfront is across the street from the Bell Street Terminal (Pier 66).  The Edgewater is a small hotel right next door to Pier 66.  From some of Her rooms, you can see the ship arrive and dock.  The Edgewater was built for the 1962 Worlds Fair held in Seattle.  One of Her claims to fame is that the Beatles stayed there a couple of times.

58 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

What are you looking for in a hotel?  Maybe I can help.  Downtown hotels are more expensive than the ones out by the airport.  With your cruise this early in the Season, hotels downtown may not charge you Summer rates.

The Marriott Waterfront is across the street from the Bell Street Terminal (Pier 66).  The Edgewater is a small hotel right next door to Pier 66.  From some of Her rooms, you can see the ship arrive and dock.  The Edgewater was built for the 1962 Worlds Fair held in Seattle.  One of Her claims to fame is that the Beatles stayed there a couple of times.

04072022_beatlesnowthen1_184708.thumb.jpg.b74cf1f9e161e5049a2d0036e1aa0f9a.jpg

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, chillyw said:

Or take a wine tour up to Woodinville!  Some great Syrah's.  We got into Seattle two days early (our own flights) and did a wine tour, it was great.

There are some tasting rooms in Sodo now as well. My suggestion for someone coming to Seattle is to stay at the Willows Lodge (which I think is the nicest hotel in the region) and then walk to the dozens of wineries nearby.

It’s really hard to compare unless someone has flown out of the same airport as you would.  If your closest airport is GRR, you could do a Google search for the dates you want to fly and see which airline/flight is offering the least expensive flights.  From what I’ve read and experienced, NCL typically selects the lowest fare that falls within their criteria (as outlined in their terms snd conditions).  You could tell the best case snd worst case by doing that search.  Good luck.

• Like 2