Comedy shows

I will be sailing in Allure in a few weeks and I noticed when I reserved our shows for the week that there were no comedy shows.  

Do you reserve comedy shows or does this just mean you book them on board?

Also, for heck of it I checked this weeks Allure sailing.  Did I miss it?  I don’t see any comedy shows scheduled either.  

I am wondering if they have stopped them or at least on certain sailings. 

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

Usually they don't require reservations, but on some cruises they do. They can only be reserved once on board.

The shows in the Commedy Club do use the reservations system on O class ships and have been available for booking pre cruise other than right after the re-opening when no reservations could be made ahead of time.

I had this same question when I sailed Symphony. The comedy shows didn't show up on the schedule until boarding day (I think 1 or 2 might have popped up a week or so in advance). I was pleasantly surprised when I boarded to find there were many comedy shows throughout the week.

Maybe they let the comedians pick which days they feel like working each sailing or something. Who knows. 

Yes I use the website to book our shows.  

oddly though, unless i am missing it, I do not see it on allures current sailing either. usually there are a few shows a week in different days and I don’t see it this week. 

I’ll keep an eye out to see if it shows up in my cruise planner.  It was not there as of yesterday which prompted me to ask. We are on august 27 sailing off allure of the seas. 

Edited by slyster
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I have been looking at the Harmony ongoing cruises for a couple of months and they have been missing as well. There may be one show a week in the "big" theater, but nothing in the "club".

FYI, just off the Harmony, and this was my concern pre-cruise also. No nightly comedy shows in the Attic were showing up in the Cruise Planner. Only one show in the Main Theatre on the last night. Don't worry, though, as soon as I boarded, the nightly Comedy Shows were there on the app to book! 2 shows every night, you're allowed to book one of them.

1 minute ago, Newbieflorida said:

FYI, just off the Harmony, and this was my concern pre-cruise also. No nightly comedy shows in the Attic were showing up in the Cruise Planner. Only one show in the Main Theatre on the last night. Don't worry, though, as soon as I boarded, the nightly Comedy Shows were there on the app to book! 2 shows every night, you're allowed to book one of them.

Thank you.  Good to know.  Appreciate the reply!

30 minutes ago, Newbieflorida said:

Agree.  This is the current situation.  🙂