Embarkation day lunch.

imescaping

Is the Colonnade the only option for embarkation day lunch on Ovation? Just wondering if there are less crowded/hectic options. 
I am sure this has already been answered somewhere but I was unable to find this using the search function.

This is our first Seabourn cruise (30 cruises on various mass market line) we are a little out of our element. Thanks for any input.

We enjoy having lunch on the veranda of the Colnnade on embarkation day and usually have a very idyllic experience there.  We just go out and find a table and seat ourselves  and wait for our server--no need to get into the fray of the inside area of the Colonnade.   We order from the menu (which is quite short and not ideal)  as we are not buffet people.  I do believe you could also dine at the Patio Grill around the pool.  Our suite in June was on deck 9 and as we walked over on embarkation day we saw many people enjoying lunch around the pool.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, imescaping said:

Thank you, SLSD  we will likely head to Veranda, weather permitting, forecast calling for 80% chance of rain on embarkation day. 

When I mention the veranda--I am talking about the outside area of the Colonnade.  This is probably where you will be directed.  The Patio Grill around the pool is on deck nine and has weather protected areas.   

Does Seabourn do afternoon tea service on emanation day? Second time on Seabourn and have heard people rave about the tea time. But I’m usually off the ship exploring from 4-5pm or at the pool so embarkation day may be a good time to try to make the tea party. 

Edited by ciaoYacht

2 minutes ago, ciaoYacht said:

Does Seabourn do afternoon tea service on emanation day? Second time on Seabourn and have heard people rave about the tea time. But I’m usually off the ship exploring from 4-5pm or at the pool so embarkation day may be a good time to try to make the tea party. 

Interesting question and I THINK the answer is no---that there is not tea served on the day of embarkation.  If someone knows differently, I would like to know.  But, on our recent cruise, we  entered the Observation Bar at the time tea would normally be served and it was not happening.  

• Thanks 1

As one who still cruises both mass market lines and Seabourn I would advise the OP that the Colonnade is kind of like a small hybrid Lido.  There is a buffet as well as a small menu with daily specials as well as some everyday items.   The pool grill also has a small buffet as well as a small menu.  The Colonnade has both indoor and outdoor areas, so depending on the weather you can make the be  best choice for yourselves.  

I do not ever recall seeing a formal tea on embarkation days.  That being said, you can go to Seabourn Square and get tea (there is also a small selection of snack items) anytime in the afternoon.  

Hank

11 hours ago, imescaping said:

Is the Colonnade the only option for embarkation day lunch on Ovation? Just wondering if there are less crowded/hectic options. 
I am sure this has already been answered somewhere but I was unable to find this using the search function.

This is our first Seabourn cruise (30 cruises on various mass market line) we are a little out of our element. Thanks for any input.

Just remember that on embarkation day people tend to eat way too much 🙂 take it easy...pace yourself!!!

• Haha 1

The best advice I can offer from our June sailing on Ovation is:  Arrive a bit late.  

The Colonnade will be mobbed and service seriously strained at the start of boarding, but when rooms are released at 1:00 the place cleared out and became suddenly very pleasant.

Alternately, deviate to the patio which was likewise very pleasant at least when we passed through at 1:15.

We plan to followe these exact tactics when we board Odyssey in 3 weeks for what looks to be a full sailing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jondfk said:

The best advice I can offer from our June sailing on Ovation is:  Arrive a bit late.  

The Colonnade will be mobbed and service seriously strained at the start of boarding, but when rooms are released at 1:00 the place cleared out and became suddenly very pleasant.

Alternately, deviate to the patio which was likewise very pleasant at least when we passed through at 1:15.

We plan to followe these exact tactics when we board Odyssey in 3 weeks for what looks to be a full sailing.

Very wise.

It always works for me.