Medical fridge on Apex

Trixie21

Has anyone had a medical fridge delivered to their stateroom on Apex (or maybe they are standard throughout the fleet - but its Apex we are looking at a cruise on)

I was curious about the rough internal dimensions if anyone can help?

My travel agent is trying to get the information from the accessibility department in the UK but hasn't had a reply yet.

4 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Has anyone had a medical fridge delivered to their stateroom on Apex (or maybe they are standard throughout the fleet - but its Apex we are looking at a cruise on)

I was curious about the rough internal dimensions if anyone can help?

My travel agent is trying to get the information from the accessibility department in the UK but hasn't had a reply yet.

Some advice if you don't mind.  If you use Mr. Google you will find a number of small, fairly inexpensive medication coolers (plug-in) for travel.  Very common issue.  I would not trust the Celebrity mini-fridges in the cabins for this.  Too important.

My understanding at least on Apex is that normal rooms have a typical bar refrigerators which they define as a cooler not a refrigerator.   In the Suites they have true refrigerators. 

This was told to me by our Butler when our Refrigerator in a RS started making loud noises.    When they checked it they said it was overheating and that if I left the door open it would quiet down.  They also offered to replace it with cooler if I wished.   

I would first start by understanding what temperatures you need to keep you meds at and then contact Special Needs.

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

All rooms have a mini fridge, which is more of a cooler than a true refrigerator.

I would never trust them. On our last cruise (on the Infinity), the mini fridge was actually a heater. They replaced it three times, and we never got one that cooled anything.