Apex or Edge Sunset Veranda - Advice

quacker5

Finally decided to book a sunset veranda on Apex but have been unable to find this info. The only cabins available are immediately adjacent to the suites on decks 8, 9 and 11 (which look like the smallest balconies.) We are really looking forward to relaxing on loungers and cannot tell if they will fit in addition to chairs on those smaller balconies. Does anyone know?  Most of the pics I’ve seen show the very large verandahs in the middle staterooms where loungers seem to fit comfortably. 
The only other choice we have is a sunset stateroom on 7th deck- right in the middle of the stern. I’m worried that we’ll have too much noise from shows in Eden. And not sure if the shows are just in the evening, into the early hours after midnight, or also in the afternoon. 
Advice from aft cruisers on Edge or Apex would be so appreciated. Ty!  

Have only been on Sunset Veranda on Beyond which is probably same.

we were on deck 9 afjacent to suite on port side.  I think balcony was same size as cabin to the left, big enough for 2 chairs and 2 loungers.  Hoever was too hot to be out very long as balcony is mostly in the open and sun was fierce.

• Thanks 1

Just saw  mistake above : We were on Starboard side of ship beside suite (not port side).

Keep mixing port and starboard up, same as my lefts and rights 🤭

Edited by odysee
  • Haha 1

We had a middle Sv  on EDGE..not disturbed by  nouse from EDEN..maybe once or twice  at night we heard music over our closet hallway.  During the day we heard music if we were out on the huge balc..not sure of source,

Most of our noise was from the cabin next door..large group used  the Balc as their party central....esp before and after dinner hour.

We loved the SV,.great aft views..lots of space in the cabin and outside on the balc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DH and I are on the Apex Baltic cruise right now and are in SV cabin 8319, which is adjacent to the suite on the port side. At the time we booked it was the only SV available. While I was hoping to snag an SV more towards the middle as the balconies appear larger, we love our cabin (and the roomy balcony) and wouldn't hesitate to book it again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MustBCruzn said:

DH and I are on the Apex Baltic cruise right now and are in SV cabin 8319, which is adjacent to the suite on the port side. At the time we booked it was the only SV available. While I was hoping to snag an SV more towards the middle as the balconies appear larger, we love our cabin (and the roomy balcony) and wouldn't hesitate to book it again. 

That’s great to hear. Is there room for 2 loungers?  

We had 11270 on the EDGE and it was a fabulous cabin. The balcony was large and we had 2 sun loungers. Plenty of room and not at all small. The door to your cabin was a shared corridor with the suite - if that makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We were in SV 10276 (next to the sky suite) on Apex last Summer.  Attached is a video of the room.  If you want to focus on the veranda, fast forward to the 4:00 minute mark and again at 4:35.  

It's smaller than the other SV verandas but we were able to have 2 loungers and 2 chairs on the balcony. Note that the loungers went under the slanted glass railing so that you had to slide your feet under the glass railing to get on it.  It wasn't a problem.  We were on a Scandinavian cruise so didn't spend a lot of time out there sunning.     

1 hour ago, quacker5 said:

That’s great to hear. Is there room for 2 loungers?

we have 2 chairs and 1 lounger, but there would be room for a second if requested. The weather on our cruise has been fairly cool and overcast, so the lack of shade isn't an issue for us. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, jwlane said:

We had 7315 for a week on Apex---noise from Eden never bothered us.

2021-07-18 10.31.47.jpg

2021-07-18 10.32.09.jpg

Bed by bath  would be best..as shown here..our Deck 7 middle was bed by  the veranda are.  Not always available..we are booked on APEX for  2025 and took whatever they had ....

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Panzano said:

We were in SV 10276 (next to the sky suite) on Apex last Summer.  Attached is a video of the room.  If you want to focus on the veranda, fast forward to the 4:00 minute mark and again at 4:35.  

It's smaller than the other SV verandas but we were able to have 2 loungers and 2 chairs on the balcony. Note that the loungers went under the slanted glass railing so that you had to slide your feet under the glass railing to get on it.  It wasn't a problem.  We were on a Scandinavian cruise so didn't spend a lot of time out there sunning.     

OMG. It's perfect!  Much bigger than I expected. I had seen your excellent video but must have missed the stateroom # that now I see is right there. 😏 Thank you so much!  

• Like 1

We had 9310 on Apex.  Was very large and could fit lounger but were refused when asked.  Could be that we would be sailing into 4 day storm and had to bring furniture in from veranda.  Cabin next to us - not a suite - had one and they had tied it down.  

11 hours ago, quacker5 said:

Finally decided to book a sunset veranda on Apex but have been unable to find this info. The only cabins available are immediately adjacent to the suites on decks 8, 9 and 11 (which look like the smallest balconies.) We are really looking forward to relaxing on loungers and cannot tell if they will fit in addition to chairs on those smaller balconies. Does anyone know?  Most of the pics I’ve seen show the very large verandahs in the middle staterooms where loungers seem to fit comfortably. 
The only other choice we have is a sunset stateroom on 7th deck- right in the middle of the stern. I’m worried that we’ll have too much noise from shows in Eden. And not sure if the shows are just in the evening, into the early hours after midnight, or also in the afternoon. 

Shows were usually over by 11.  Not much going on in Eden after that during our 2 weeks on Apex.  

We’re in a sunset verandah on Apex at the moment ( deck 9). One sun lounge, two chairs and a table. You could fit a second lounge in easily.
The roof above us covers maybe 40% of the verandah. Today we’ve had a lot of sun on it most of the day, other days not as much. It really depends on which direction you’re sailing. 
Love the big balcony and how quiet the room is. The room next to us is adjacent to a suite. Their verandah looks the same size as ours. 

52 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

Oops there was only supposed to be one picture haha. Rookie mistake. 

You can edit the post if you like. Three little dots to the right of your post and you can delete 😉

2 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

Shows were usually over by 11.  Not much going on in Eden after that during our 2 weeks on Apex.  

We enjoyed (/s) the bass from DJ Tash (could have that wrong) from 11 p.m. "until" on the first night in our Deck 7 SV. We called Guest Services and asked to be moved. The DJ did a late-evening show all week. Fortunately, we were moved to Deck 9 and had no more noise issues.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, quacker5 said:

We just got off SV cruises on both the Apex and Beyond.The Apex was a Norwegian cruise and the Beyond was Mediterranean cruise.

All SV on the Apex had loungers and none of the Beyond did.  We asked for loungers the first day on the Beyond and were told they don't use them due to soot issues.  The Beyond had a nice table and a couple chairs, but honestly we didn't use it as much as due to the temperatures - it was brutally hot.

The normal SV (not the suite) all seemed about the same size, and all had the same layout based on which ship you were on.  So while Apex vs Beyond might differ, the actual rooms didn't differ that much on each ship.

Our Apex was 11th floor and towards the starboard side (third from the end) and the Beyond was 10th the middle port SV.  Both were wonderful.  

I would suggest trying to avoid the 12th floor SV.  While it wasn't an issue on the 11th floor, we could SLIGHTLY hear the buffet, and I would imagine on the 12th it would be much louder.

• Like 1

agree  that the SV staterooms  are same..( either bed by balc or bath), but the Balcony sizes vary  The "middles" seem the largest.  Deck 7 EDGE  middle no soot..hope we will be ok with an SV on ASCENT!..

51 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

We enjoyed (/s) the bass from DJ Tash (could have that wrong) from 11 p.m. "until" on the first night in our Deck 7 SV. We called Guest Services and asked to be moved. The DJ did a late-evening show all week. Fortunately, we were moved to Deck 9 and had no more noise issues.

Wow, that was lucky there was another available stateroom. The reverberating bass is exactly what concerned my DH and I.  We booked on 9th deck next to the suites thanks to all the great advice posted here. Thanks all! 

I guess it really depends on the entertainment being offered in Eden.  When we cruised on Edge in an Infinity, not Sunset stateroom last year, the musical group playing nightly in EDEN was so phenomenal (Acoustic Experience) I would have been happy to hear them from our balcony every evening. 

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

You can edit the post if you like. Three little dots to the right of your post and you can delete 😉

I remembered that too late. I think you only have about 3 minutes or so to make the correction 

The width of the sunset verandas on the Apex is not an issue for two lounge chairs as the depth of the verandas from the balcony door to the railing is long enough that you can easily fit two loungers and two deck chairs as well as the table. Check out the picture of the one we had on deck 11 in the middle (11274) if I remember correctly. 

IMG_4516.thumb.jpeg.55629fb36c878630e3acc1072800002b.jpeg

Edited by Kelownadon
  • Like 1