Captain's and Senior Officers' Cocktail parties

roving5893

1 minute ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Kathy,

Yes the high end pins are really nice. I inherited my parents pins and very careful with them.

I even got better jewelers backings to attach securely when wearing during a voyage.

I like the original Black Round Pin w Gold Lion Inlay we got on the QE2 in the Felt Pouch.

In also have lots of the old QE2 Themed Menu Covers. We have 2 large drawers w Cunard memorable artifacts. 

I have my parents pins, plus their wonderful world cruise souvenirs. Sadly, I threw their menus and paper memorabilia away as that was pre our own Cunard cruising, which only started in 2011. I guess I’m a second generation Cunard cruiser.

17 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I have my parents pins, plus their wonderful world cruise souvenirs. Sadly, I threw their menus and paper memorabilia away as that was pre our own Cunard cruising, which only started in 2011. I guess I’m a second generation Cunard cruiser.

I started to keep from first sailing of Cunard. QE2 was a wealth of memorabilia too many things to mention.

One think don’t know how many have, the Deck Plan of the QE2, which is as big as a State Road Map. Folded neatly like a map. Not at all small like they hand out now. No Way. If I can pull it out someday I will take a picture. 

We have two large blanket boxes of Cunard, programs, menus, stationary, etc....I piece of each, some - more.......

Even tour excursion forms of tours.  QE2 use to offer helicopter tours of the Caribbean Islands on some. 

Once in awhile, we like to pull it out.

The latest cruises we keep items to but not too thick of folder. Enough to refer to on future bookings if we have a question to look up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I started to keep from first sailing of Cunard. QE2 was a wealth of memorabilia too many things to mention.

One think don’t know how many have, the Deck Plan of the QE2, which is as big as a State Road Map. Folded neatly like a map. Not at all small like they hand out now. No Way. If I can pull it out someday I will take a picture. 

We have two large blanket boxes of Cunard, programs, menus, stationary, etc....I piece of each, some - more.......

Even tour excursion forms of tours.  QE2 use to offer helicopter tours of the Caribbean Islands on some. 

Once in awhile, we like to pull it out.

The latest cruises we keep items to but not too thick of folder. Enough to refer to on future bookings if we have a question to look up.

What are the hours for your museum?…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NE John said:

What are the hours for your museum?…

Private invitation only.....

We even have from a World Cruise signed by the Captain, a small plate we have hanging on the Wall as a remembrance. It's inscripted with the information related to that World Cruise. We got it as the last leg gift of a World Cruise from Brazil to NYC...

At the end of the World Cruise, not sure if they still do it, they have an auction for items passengers bought but have too much to bring home. So on the QE2, one afternoon in the Theater, they were auctioning off these items for the Seaman's Fund. A lot of interesting items of all kinds and from everywhere they were purchased. You can only carry so much home from a World Cruise I guess.

My DW pickup a piece of Art Work from Africa someone was parting with. She has it in her work study. Beautiful! It was a nice way to always look at it and know how we got it and where we got it from.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I treasure those huge deck plans. I have one that was issued before the QE2 entered service and a few from afterwards. There was a separate deck plan issued for cruises because the cruises were one-class as opposed to First and Tourist classes as on crossings.  I have an equally large one for the S.S. France and the Canadian Pacific and Union-Castle liners. 

The detail on those plans was incredible. You could see the location of every chair, wardrobe, toilet, etc. With modern ships' cabins built in factories there is no longer the need for such detail, although many people like to know which way the bed is facing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

I treasure those huge deck plans. I have one that was issued before the QE2 entered service and a few from afterwards. There was a separate deck plan issued for cruises because the cruises were one-class as opposed to First and Tourist classes as on crossings.  I have an equally large one for the S.S. France and the Canadian Pacific and Union-Castle liners. 

The detail on those plans was incredible. You could see the location of every chair, wardrobe, toilet, etc. With modern ships' cabins built in factories there is no longer the need for such detail, although many people like to know which way the bed is facing.

I have one of the oversized QE2 plans, bought on ebay. I would love to have one from the Norway! I think those were given to travel agents so that they could tell their clients the details of the cabins. Years ago, there was an online agency that had QE2 deck plans with the square footage of each cabin.

My first cabin on QE2 was on 5 deck forward, upper/lower and only 98 square feet. And that's when we had the roughest crossing I have ever experienced. It's the only time I've been seasick and it was my own fault--I looked at the view from the bridge on the TV, and that only reinforced the up and down motion!

My first cabin on QE2 was inside single #3001, I remember levitating off my berth during a storm.

I had a number of SS Norway deckplans over the years and as I recall these were just color coded by category, no details of fittings carried over from the French days.

2 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

They are a keepsake and Great!

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I have one of the oversized QE2 plans, bought on ebay. I would love to have one from the Norway! I think those were given to travel agents so that they could tell their clients the details of the cabins. Years ago, there was an online agency that had QE2 deck plans with the square footage of each cabin.

My first cabin on QE2 was on 5 deck forward, upper/lower and only 98 square feet. And that's when we had the roughest crossing I have ever experienced. It's the only time I've been seasick and it was my own fault--I looked at the view from the bridge on the TV, and that only reinforced the up and down motion!

Kathy,

We used to book Deck 4 Mid Ship then Deck 3 by the Atlantic Shop that was Harrods once, by the Staircase. 

Next was Deck 2 across Pursers Office then 1.. then a surprise to suite on Boat (Promenade) Deck. Right outside the Queens Grill Bar/Restaurant entrance.

Loved having Afternoon Tea privately.

Edited by BklynBoy8

Disembarked QE on 17th July. We had a Captain’s welcome in the Queen’s Room with drinks and Canapé’s,  apparently it was the first one since Covid. Very nicely done as it was my first one as a Gold member. 

Our top loyalty member had 690 nights! I felt sorry for the 2nd one who only had about 620 nights. 

Ot was Masquerade night so lots of people really made an effort. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nightfires said:

Disembarked QE on 17th July. We had a Captain’s welcome in the Queen’s Room with drinks and Canapé’s,  apparently it was the first one since Covid. Very nicely done as it was my first one as a Gold member. 

Our top loyalty member had 690 nights! I felt sorry for the 2nd one who only had about 620 nights. 

I find it hard to feel sorry for someone with "only" 620 nights on Cunard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, nightfires said:

On the 20th June Alaska cruise on the QE there was one party - the World Club party for gold members and above. The Rep. told me it was the third one they had on the QE. There was no senior officers party.

Well we have just returned from Fjords on QV, and yes we were shocked with no Captains Party and No Senior Officers Party - we love both of them - meeting the department heads, witty address by Captain, learning how many of each nationality on board and meeting all the officers - loved it - and made you feel really special.  I think it is a sad day for Cunard that they have taken away what makes them different from the rest.