Suite on Oasis class - what would you consider to be a good deal?

7 night cruise on Allure:  I booked my junior suite 1 1/2 years ago.  It cost $3600 for two of us.  I thought that was a good deal.  For the last several months, it's been much higher.  Grand Suites were over $8000 and Crown Loft Suites were over $9000 (for two people). 

A week after our final payment, the Crown Loft Suites dropped to $2600 a person...I jumped on it and paid $5200 for two of us.   3 days later, it dropped to $2100 a person for a total of $4200 for two people. My brother jumped on it and got the great deal.  

Best prices are VERY early, or perhaps within 45 days of a cruise.

Edited by slyster
  • Thanks 1

Best price I ever got was my honeymoon in a GS on Harmony during hurricane season in 2018 for $2800 total for the both of us. My wife is new to cruising (that was her second cruise) and now we chase suites. We booked a balcony on Allure this past April for a great price for peak spring break (going with family first timers) and my wife swore never again. We are booked in a suite GTY for Harmony in January for a little above $4000 for the three of us. Will miss CK but hoping the JS we inevitably get will be sufficient. Currently about $3000 more for a full suite. 

Edited by silentbob007
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, silentbob007 said:

Best price I ever got was my honeymoon in a GS on Harmony during hurricane season in 2018 for $2800 total for the both of us. My wife is new to cruising (that was her second cruise) and now we chase suites. We booked a balcony on Allure this past April for a great price for peak spring break (going with family first timers) and my wife swore never again. We are booked in a suite GTY for Harmony in January for a little above $4000 for the three of us. Will miss CK but hoping the JS we inevitably get will be sufficient. Currently about $3000 more for a full suite. 

I was wondering about the suite GTY. Are the chances of getting anything above JS almost non-existent? And if you do by some stroke of luck end up in something that is Sky Class, would you automatically get the full suite benefits (SL, CK, etc.)?

Update: we decided not to move forward with the Halloween 24 cruise on Harmony. 😭 We have always planned cruises around the time the kids are already off school so they have to miss less, and they typically don’t have time off around then. I was willing to break that rule (and sacrifice another trip) for a suite lol. Alas, my husband wasn’t loving it, and we both have to agree. But I am going to keep searching and use all the great tips and advice I got from everyone here to find something that fits the budget and the calendar! Thank you all!!

oasis:

2021 got CLS on oasis week

L1 double Crown loft
Cruise Rate: $6135.60
Gift: $650 obc

oct 2022
Total (USD)$ 5862.36 with 500 OBC

may 23 booked 8 mo in advance
1br aqua suite
May 21st 2023
A3 aqua 1 bedroom double suite
Cruise Rate: $8300.32
Gift: $800 On Board Credit + 1 specialty dinner for 2

my TA  generally gets me about 10 percent ish or so in OBC. also the CLS are much more expensive these days but if i had to book oasis again id do the CLS over the aqua suite.

but the answer to what is a good deal 'today' would be 3K or less for a CLS per person
Edited by luckyinpa

Best I've gotten for star class was last fall, 2 GLS and 1 RLS for 14 people total, $40k or 2857/pp, 408/pp/n

Haven't seen anything but transatlantic/pacifics or super short sailings come close in pricing since.  Similar stuff to what I mentioned above appears to be about double the price nowadays

Edited by acuprulez
clarity

We are booked on the Allure for April 2024 in the Royal Loft

We were able to get 4 people and it was $5800 for all 4 of us.

Star Class is the way to go if you are going to do a suite at all on royal. 

The first time I had it, it blew my mind everything they did for you and you received anything you asked for ( with in reason )

Edited by moreland281

7 minutes ago, moreland281 said:

The first time I had it, it blew my mind everything they did for you and you received anything you asked for ( with in reason )

Is that for 7 days?   Allure is doing  3/4 next  April 

Edited by molly361

33 minutes ago, molly361 said:

def not 7 day but i admit i havent researched. id book in a minute if was 6 or 7 day at that price

speaking of which i consider this my deal of a century. upcoming 6 nite in the royal suite on liberty. i know not the perks of oasis but generally the best suite on any ship is ok with me . plus it has  a piano!  and it's cheaper than some balcony cabins. unsure why it's so cheap but lotta people got great deals on the lower suites too.

image.thumb.png.4a5266d2f481cfce5331e61416ac5749.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

def not 7 day but i admit i havent researched. id book in a minute if was 6 or 7 day at that price

speaking of which i consider this my deal of a century. upcoming 6 nite in the royal suite on liberty. i know not the perks of oasis but generally the best suite on any ship is ok with me . plus it has  a piano!  and it's cheaper than some balcony cabins. unsure why it's so cheap but lotta people got great deals on the lower suites too.

image.thumb.png.4a5266d2f481cfce5331e61416ac5749.png

I have a 4 night on Allure in April in a GS  for $1500 solo which at the time I thought wasn't too great a price.  I think it was double that last time I looked.  

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have a 4 night on Allure in April for $1500 solo which at the time I thought wasn't too great a price.  I think it was double that last time I looked.  

which suite? fantastic price indeed. won the lottery.

1 hour ago, moreland281 said:

54 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Based on prior posts, looks to be 7 nights on Oasis, not Allure.

• Like 1