Misc. food questions for Rotterdam

Catlover54

I sailed on this ship last January but it was only 10 days, so didn't get to try everything I wanted to try.  I have another booking, and to properly plan, have a few questions:

1.  Caviar:

What kind of caviar is offered on Rotterdam?  Are there several kinds?  How big are the portions (30 grams, 50 grams?) , and what is the charge (if there is only one kind)?  

Do you have to order it in the restaurants, or can you order it for elsewhere on the ship (lounges, cabin, pool area, etc.)?

2.  Is there a limit to how many times one can dine in Pinnacle for lunch?  I understand there is a charge (and that has gone up), and availability is only after one boards.

3.  I managed to get to the Dutch cafe a couple times, and loved the food offerings,  but was confused about the hours and the best way to optimize strategy to use it.  I had gone by  a couple other times but lines were very long and it was hard to figure out how things were supposed to work (especially if there was no seating).  

Can one order Dutch cafe items to be sent to one's cabin (for a charge), perhaps on the app., or by phone, especially when it is crowded?

4.  Where can one get freshly squeezed juices (like grapefruit)?  

Thank you in advance for any replies!

I can only answer these two:

2. Yes, you can only make reservations for the Pinnacle Grill lunch after boarding.  It's reported here that they do sell out quickly as the lunches are only offered on sea days.  I haven't heard that there is an official limit on reservations, but it depends how many sea days you have.  The charge is going up some time after September 1,2023.  Have a look at the other thread about it posted today.

3.  Dutch Cafe is an order at the counter place.  There are lines at the popular times. Some items run out.  When they are gone for the day, they are gone.  You can't get them through room service.  You must order and pick them up at the cafe.

~Nancy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

I sailed on this ship last January but it was only 10 days, so didn't get to try everything I wanted to try.  I have another booking, and to properly plan, have a few questions:

1.  Caviar:

What kind of caviar is offered on Rotterdam?  Are there several kinds?  How big are the portions (30 grams, 50 grams?) , and what is the charge (if there is only one kind)?  

Do you have to order it in the restaurants, or can you order it for elsewhere on the ship (lounges, cabin, pool area, etc.)?

there is one kind of caviar.  Ossetra Malossol.  

I don’t recall the portion but it was generous - certainly more than 30 grams.

You can order it in Sel de Mer or Pinnacle Grill at dinner time.  I’ve never heard of it being able to be ordered elsewhere.

2.  Is there a limit to how many times one can dine in Pinnacle for lunch?  I understand there is a charge (and that has gone up), and availability is only after one boards.

No limit that I know of but as good as it is, I don’t think I would want to do it every day 😉 

4.  Where can one get freshly squeezed juices (like grapefruit)?  

I may be in error (and I’m sure if I am I will be corrected).  the only fresh squeezed juice I am aware of on board is the orange juice.  It is available in the dining room and Lido.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

there is one kind of caviar.  Ossetra Malossol.  

I don’t recall the portion but it was generous - certainly more than 30 grams.

You can order it in Sel de Mer or Pinnacle Grill at dinner time.  I’ve never heard of it being able to be ordered elsewhere.

No limit that I know of but as good as it is, I don’t think I would want to do it every day 😉 

I may be in error (and I’m sure if I am I will be corrected).  the only fresh squeezed juice I am aware of on board is the orange juice.  It is available in the dining room and Lido.

Club Orange restaurant.   No up charge in CO.

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Caviar in Club Orange?  Since when?  It certainly wasn’t there in December & January when I was on - or did you ask for it?

I think they were referring to the fresh squeezed OJ.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

The opening hours are printed on the back page of the Daily Program.

I have been confused about the hours for food, also.  If I remember, hot food isn't available until 11 am.  It's very popular, but I've been pleasantly surprised a FEW times to find a very short line when I expected it to be busier......and 10 minutes later there were 15 people  in line.  Things do run out.  And even thought it says it's open until 9 pm, that was just for beverages.  Food wasn't served after 8 pm.

• Like 1