Ft. Lauderdale to miami

We are doing exactly that…I got my confirmation for our pick up at Fort Lauderdale airport the day before our cruise out of Miami, we will be taken to the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, and we have also ordered a pick up from the port of Miami to the Fort Lauderdale airport on our return

FLL is no cakewalk. Really not sure why people see it so much easier. Unless you are looking leave from Port Everglades of course. I fly into both about 50/50. I never seen the huge difference. I find MIA to be easier to park and drive in and out of. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2023 at 11:11 PM, Flymia said:

FLL is no cakewalk. Really not sure why people see it so much easier. Unless you are looking leave from Port Everglades of course. I fly into both about 50/50. I never seen the huge difference. I find MIA to be easier to park and drive in and out of. 

Spot on. Nowadays Miami is generally the better airport. FLL is too small and overcrowded (why a second runway?!) with massive traffic issues. The days of it being the small easy option are long gone. Miami is nicer, bigger (but not too big), faster traffic, less crowding, more lounge and food options, etc.  I think Miami might be my favorite major airport, actually. It's great.

On 8/26/2023 at 10:25 AM, BNBR said:

Spot on. Nowadays Miami is generally the better airport. FLL is too small and overcrowded (why a second runway?!) with massive traffic issues. The days of it being the small easy option are long gone. Miami is nicer, bigger (but not too big), faster traffic, less crowding, more lounge and food options, etc.  I think Miami might be my favorite major airport, actually. It's great.

Couldn't agree more.