Asia Cruises Japan

Cruiseforever11

I have been looking at MSC Bellissima for my next cruise in spring 2024.

Looks like winter 2023-2024 is set but further out I can not see any Asia cruises.

Edited by 4sallypat
years

I ended up booking Celebrity for May 2024. Had been hoping MSC would have a ship there at the time but the schedule wasn't published, and Celebrity's was so I had to book.

A shame for MSC really as I would have happily went in YC round Japan with them.

2 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

I ended up booking Celebrity for May 2024. Had been hoping MSC would have a ship there at the time but the schedule wasn't published, and Celebrity's was so I had to book.

A shame for MSC really as I would have happily went in YC round Japan with them.

It's YC we would like as well and we don't mind if it's even on the Bellissima again as we have sailed on her before, but we weren't in yc that time. So hopefully not to long to wait and hope they are still going to continue to cruise Japan. If not like you going to have to look at another cruise line. 

1 minute ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

It's YC we would like as well and we don't mind if it's even on the Bellissima again as we have sailed on her before, but we weren't in yc that time. So hopefully not to long to wait and hope they are still going to continue to cruise Japan. If not like you going to have to look at another cruise line. 

It's odd that there is such a hole in the schedule after March 2024 and even if they published now, it's a bit late to organise flights and hotels for my liking. Good luck!

13 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We had a UK social media post yesterday advertising the winter 24/25 sailings being available. It had a separate line stating South America and Asia were 'coming soon'.

Well at least they have acknowledged South America & Asia, so hopefully it won't be too long now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just seen this today. Really pleased as far as ships go as I've been on the Bellissima, so to get the chance to go on Splendida would be good depending on the itinerary of course, but it looks like they are just finalising the schedule.

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/08/msc-cruises-adds-a-second-ship-for-china-in-2024/

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/1/2023 at 4:22 PM, Cruiseforever11 said:

Can anyone remember when MSC released the Japan cruises that are on sale now? Has anyone heard or know when or if they are releasing Autumn 2024 and into 2025? 

It seems even the summer itinerary isn't published. There are a few short sailings but nothing in July or August. 

I'm a bit surprised by this, because it looks like the Bellissima is selling well, I would have thought they'd have a bit more of a plan in place by now. Not much news about MSC out of the area, but I did see this article that's perhaps illuminating about the process that MSC follows in the area: https://www.portstrategy.com/ps-directory/taiwan-international-ports-corporation/homeport-cruise-season-kicks-off-at-keelung-with-dual-homeport-voyages-by-msc-bellissima/1490777.supplierarticle

> An understanding reached with MSC Cruises CEO Gianni Onorato to consider Taiwan for currently open routes led to the decision to open 30 cruise voyages (60 calls) for MSC Bellissima at Port of Keelung this year

It kinda reads like Taiwan made a push to bring MSC into the area more frequently, that it wasn't MSC leading that charge. So perhaps that means MSC is getting some sort of incentives to bring the Bellissima to Keelung more often? Overall just seems like MSC is still figuring things out in Asia.

We cannot go until I have retired and no longer have to worry about catching up at work after a long vacation. When that time comes, I hope MSC will still have cruises like this October one.

UU85.webp.2b022125318323d738b9ce320b91c753.webp

• Like 2

4 hours ago, no1talks said:

We cannot go until I have retired and no longer have to worry about catching up at work after a long vacation. When that time comes, I hope MSC will still have cruises like this October one.

UU85.webp.2b022125318323d738b9ce320b91c753.webp

It's odd that Cruisemapper doesn't list that itinerary

6 hours ago, peder said:

It's odd that Cruisemapper doesn't list that itinerary

Well, if this is a ghosted cruise, MSC needs to let several TA websites, as well as their own IT department know about it.

GoneRabbit.gif.c10f968aed171486fff550831d1ace28.gif

Hi, I’m new to cruising and have booked this Japan cruise for October. What is a ghost cruise? We booked this as a package with stays in Dubai then Tokyo before boarding. I’ve seen some really negative comments about MSC since so hoping we’ve made the right choice.   

56 minutes ago, Chell60 said:

"What is a ghost cruise?"

Not "ghost cruise," but rather, "ghosted" cruise, using the slang term for disappearing without any communication.

I guess it will be known if the cruise is still happening once the final payment date passes.

I'm just perplexed by the currently scheduled dates. Is MSC selling / publicizing some sailings only within the Chinese market, so sites like Cruisemapper don't have data for those sailings?

It's all really weird. You never see gaps like that in a schedule, especially so close to the sail dates, and so soon after a dry dock.

2 hours ago, peder said:

I'm just perplexed by the currently scheduled dates. Is MSC selling / publicizing some sailings only within the Chinese market, so sites like Cruisemapper don't have data for those sailings?

I think that may be true, they have been putting some effort into developing the China based market I believe.

10 hours ago, peder said:

Yes, not just Chinese market, many cruise lines publish their Asian cruises only local. 

I wonder if any users here have access to the Chinese WeChat and could check for any schedule info for the Bellissima and Splendida. Maybe there'd be more details available.