are there any places to eat at coco cay that are no charge

47 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Seeing as your location is the Jersey shore, that was nothing new for you, lol. I grew up in the Philly 'burbs and spent plenty of summers there. The seagulls always remind me of the boardwalk.

Never seen sea gulls as big and aggressive as in Atlantic City.🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

As I was returning a resident Vulture 😁Gull scooped and took my sandwich from my plate.  My granddaughter (8 yrs old) who was sitting at my table was open mouthed/agog  as to what was happening.  Simply amazing at this brazen act.😜

They are brutal!! Last year or the year before, hubby grabbed some chaises at the beach in front on the buffet while I went to grab some towels.  On the walk from the towel station , I decided to stop at the buffet to grab a little snack to take over to the chairs.  I forget what it was exactly but I know there were fries involved.  I STUPIDLY forgot to cover the plate with another one for walk back.  As soon as I stepped foot out of the buffet area and onto the sandy area, I was swarmed by gulls.  There had to be at least 15 of them.  I screamed and threw my hands in the air to cover my head.  Needless to say, my towels, beach bag, phone and food went flying. I must have looked like a raving lunatic 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shepherdqueen said:

Are any of the Skipper's Grill or Snack Shacks handicap accessible without sinking in sand?

I believe skippers grill is accessible.. The snack shack in the thrill area is accessible, but I don't believe the one in chill area is... Could be wrong as I havent been there in a year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JessyCruises said:

They are brutal!! Last year or the year before, hubby grabbed some chaises at the beach in front on the buffet while I went to grab some towels.  On the walk from the towel station , I decided to stop at the buffet to grab a little snack to take over to the chairs.  I forget what it was exactly but I know there were fries involved.  I STUPIDLY forgot to cover the plate with another one for walk back.  As soon as I stepped foot out of the buffet area and onto the sandy area, I was swarmed by gulls.  There had to be at least 15 of them.  I screamed and threw my hands in the air to cover my head.  Needless to say, my towels, beach bag, phone and food went flying. I must have looked like a raving lunatic 

Sometimes they resemble a swarm from the movie "The Birds"😆.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dappledumpling said:

I believe skippers grill is accessible.. The snack shack in the thrill area is accessible, but I don't believe the one in chill area is... Could be wrong as I havent been there in a year

If you take the tram over there, the roadway and walk up to the buffet is pretty solid. 

You can also take the tram from the gangway to the Coco Beach Club without much sand. I did that after knee surgery (excuse to go to the club). 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2023 at 9:45 AM, nelblu said:

Never seen sea gulls as big and aggressive as in Atlantic City.🤣

oh god this brings back flashbacks from about 15 years ago.. i went to grab a breakfast gyro (don't judge =p ) As i was walking down the boardwalk basically alone at like 9am with my food in hand... they kept multiplying. Eventually I threw a few fries to distract them and ran for cover

• Haha 2