are there any places to eat at coco cay that are no charge

6 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Ya beat me!😜

I don't know how many buffet areas there are.  I have been to Coco Cay many many times and have only eaten at the Snack Shack.  I guess someday I will have to try the buffet.  I hear the tacos are good

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I don't know how many buffet areas there are.  I have been to Coco Cay many many times and have only eaten at the Snack Shack.  I guess someday I will have to try the buffet.  I hear the tacos are good

Two buffets... Chill Grill and Skipper's Grill. They're identical.

Good taco bar with freshly made tortillas, a few hot sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, salads, fruit, cookies, brownies, soft serve.

Snack shack food is great but stop skipping the rest! 😁

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 2:15 PM, molly361 said:

Those chicken sandwiches at the Snack Shack are delicious!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Many places to eat- all free, except the Beach Club.  For reserved guests only.  It is a waiter service sit down meal.

As mentioned, Captain Jack’s is also not free.

1 hour ago, JessyCruises said:

Those chicken sandwiches at the Snack Shack are delicious!!

How do they stack up against a Chick-fillet sandwich? 

I love those things -- had one yesterday. 

58 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Many places to eat- all free, except the Beach Club.  For reserved guests only.  It is a waiter service sit down meal.

Okay, yeah, I said Captain Jack's was the only for-cost eatery at Coco Cay. 

I wasn't thinking about the Beach Club -- but that must be reserved /paid ahead of time.  You couldn't walk up and accidentally get a bill at the Beach Club's restaurant.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Okay, yeah, I said Captain Jack's was the only for-cost eatery at Coco Cay. 

I wasn't thinking about the Beach Club -- but that must be reserved /paid ahead of time.  You couldn't walk up and accidentally get a bill at the Beach Club's restaurant.  

I like chick fil a better but shack is very good. Lots order the not secret at all “secret sandwich” which is a fried chicken filet, fried cheese sticks and red sauce. Every one knows about it but folks get a kick when ordering something they think is special or some sort of secret  😀. It isn’t listed on the menu board. 

m

27 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I like chick fil a better but shack is very good. Lots order the not secret at all “secret sandwich” which is a fried chicken filet, fried cheese sticks and red sauce. Every one knows about it but folks get a kick when ordering something they think is special or some sort of secret  😀. It isn’t listed on the menu board.

I prefer Snack Shack but both are good. I also like the sauce/mayo/aioli/whatever it is they now use on CocoCay so I'm always torn between the normal one and the not so secret one. Hard to go wrong.

My standing wish is for RC to put a Snack Shack on the ships. Funnel cakes on the boardwalk by the carousel is such a natural fit!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

They are good, but not the same as a Chick fil A sandwich. But I would never waste my money on a totally over priced Chick fil A sandwich... 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 1:05 PM, irish2005 said:

are there any places to eat free of charge at

Just about every food venue (except the bar) is free food. We normally hang out on Chill Beach near the bar and buffet. And make multiple trips to both during a port call. 

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

But I would never waste my money on a totally over priced Chick fil A sandwich... 

Nice to see I'm not alone. My teacher wife receives quite a collection of different gift cards throughout the school year and that's how we wind up getting Chick Fil A.

They also recently had a promo and I had 2 free ones the other day. When the price is right, I enjoy them.

Edited by OCSC Mike

21 hours ago, blondie from arizona said:

Buffet also has ribeye sandwiches. They are delicious!  And the tacos are actually a taco bar with chicken or steak.  

Ribeye sandwiches, never saw any and I've been to CC many times.  One item that Royal removed was tortilla chips and I guess it's to emulate the lack of chips at the CP cafe.😁

However, the CC buffets are much better than the ones at Labadee.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Ribeye sandwiches, never saw any and I've been to CC many times.  One item that Royal removed was tortilla chips and I guess it's to emulate the lack of chips at the CP cafe.😁

However, the CC buffets are much better than the ones at Labadee.

Gosh, they are there, right next to the taco bar. In the same venue. I think there is also a vegetarian sandwich and a Cuban, but don't quote me on that. There are a few options. I always just go for the Rib-eye. It has peppers and onions on it. Oh, and cheese. Kinda like a Philly cheesesteak. Sliced meat. They had them in Jan, Mar and April. I go again in 2 weeks. I sure hope they have them. I have been on a diet and it is going to be my splurge item!!!!!

18 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I prefer Snack Shack but both are good. I also like the sauce/mayo/aioli/whatever it is they now use on CocoCay so I'm always torn between the normal one and the not so secret one. Hard to go wrong.

My standing wish is for RC to put a Snack Shack on the ships. Funnel cakes on the boardwalk by the carousel is such a natural fit!

I don't know why they don't add a Snack Shack to Labadee. The food offerings there are lacking to say the least.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't know why they don't add a Snack Shack to Labadee. The food offerings there are lacking to say the least.

The lack of better food is what makes me have no desire to go there. Not a huge beach guy but I love CocoCay for the food.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blondie from arizona said:

Gosh, they are there, right next to the taco bar. In the same venue. I think there is also a vegetarian sandwich and a Cuban, but don't quote me on that. There are a few options. I always just go for the Rib-eye. It has peppers and onions on it. Oh, and cheese. Kinda like a Philly cheesesteak. Sliced meat. They had them in Jan, Mar and April. I go again in 2 weeks. I sure hope they have them. I have been on a diet and it is going to be my splurge item!!!!!

They are definitely there (as of June)... and as a native of the Philly 'burbs I like that you called them ribeye sandwiches b/c they are definitely NOT cheesesteaks, lol, but "kinda like a cheesesteak" is a reasonable description.

Haven't tried one in a long time. After my first "try everything" trip I wound up focusing on the taco bar when I go to Chill Grill. I'll have to re-visit the sandwiches.next trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blondie from arizona said:

I guess I must be blind as I see the Cubano sandwiches, but not the ribeye.  Will look for it on my Oasis August 20 sail. 

As a sidelight, on a recent sail there, I was about to taste the meaty part of the Cuban and it was a bit messy and I got up to get extra napkins. As I was returning a resident Vulture 😁Gull scooped and took my sandwich from my plate.  My granddaughter (8 yrs old) who was sitting at my table was open mouthed/agog  as to what was happening.  Simply amazing at this brazen act.😜

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, nelblu said:

As I was returning a resident Vulture 😁Gull scooped and took my sandwich from my plate.

Seeing as your location is the Jersey shore, that was nothing new for you, lol. I grew up in the Philly 'burbs and spent plenty of summers there. The seagulls always remind me of the boardwalk.