Info on booking shore excursions

AllisonJames

Well, posting the screenshot to see if this is helpful to anyone…my travel agent received this. HOWEVER, I tried it out and it is not exactly clear to me how to “navigate to the payment screen” — I did get to something that looked like a payment screen, (by clicking on the pencil icon next to the booked excursion) however, I did not have the “cancel” option as described in the directions, I had an “apply” option but when I clicked on it nothing seemed to happen. And AZ has told my agent shore excursions must be paid for prior to boarding either with onboard credit or by credit card.

I wonder if anyone is testing these directions before distributing? You can’t just say “navigate to the payment screen” without showing how to do it. If anyone has any answers, once again I’d appreciate the help!

702F5FBD-95DB-4DDF-A954-702D4D059CB6.png

Up at the top of the page is a shopping basket icon.  If you click on that, it will take you to the screen that is shown above with the cancel button (I think ... you never know!🤪)

I did this and it showed the excursion booked, but it still showed I owed a balance for the shore excursion when my TA looked at it on her screen.  She had to go in and use the OBC to pay for it.  I could not.

6 hours ago, lhbsurf said:

I did this and it showed the excursion booked, but it still showed I owed a balance for the shore excursion when my TA looked at it on her screen.  She had to go in and use the OBC to pay for it.  I could not.

Did you also add the dummy OBC "excursion" to your basket?

The description on it says to do this, and I'm guessing that this will prompt a manual back-office workaround to use OBC for the payment.  

image.thumb.png.5506855a7a9af62c36778c185f832bac.png

I just tried to purchase two excursions in advance of our Jan 2024 cruise and in advance of the final payment date for the entire cruise.  When I got to the purchase page, it only showed a balance that included what we owe for the entire cruise.  There was no option to merely purchase an excursion.  Any suggestions?

11 hours ago, capsplace said:

I just tried to purchase two excursions in advance of our Jan 2024 cruise and in advance of the final payment date for the entire cruise.  When I got to the purchase page, it only showed a balance that included what we owe for the entire cruise.  There was no option to merely purchase an excursion.  Any suggestions?

Don’t pay now, wait until you pay the final balance. Once you’ve booked excursions they appear to stay on your booking. I booked a number through a UK Azamara agent - some were on a cruise for February and I was told that my OBC could not be applied yet, but not to worry about that, they would stay booked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Don’t pay now, wait until you pay the final balance. Once you’ve booked excursions they appear to stay on your booking. I booked a number through a UK Azamara agent - some were on a cruise for February and I was told that my OBC could not be applied yet, but not to worry about that, they would stay booked.

Oh good!  I'll let my TA know.  She was planning to call today.  Also, prior to the system conversion I had already purchased and paid for several excursions.  They appear in our booking, and I hope the system reflects they are all already paid in full.  I don't see a way to confirm that online.

Edited by capsplace

3 hours ago, capsplace said:

Oh good!  I'll let my TA know.  She was planning to call today.  Also, prior to the system conversion I had already purchased and paid for several excursions.  They appear in our booking, and I hope the system reflects they are all already paid in full.  I don't see a way to confirm that online.

On my November cruise, which is now paid in full, the amount shown as owing is the balance between my OBC and the excursions I have booked.

• Thanks 1

Well, my TA called and was able to put through a payment for the two additional excursions I booked the other day, AND, more importantly, she confirmed all our other booked excursions show as paid in full.  Whew!  One less thing to worry about. 🙂 

• Like 2

Well, tried it on a desktop and still nothing. Shopping bag brings up reservation details in a smaller window and then shows a list of my booked shore excursions but when I click on them I just get the description of the excursion and no way to pay. I never had the onboard credit icon they describe in my record, so is that the problem? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AllisonJames said:

Well, tried it on a desktop and still nothing. Shopping bag brings up reservation details in a smaller window and then shows a list of my booked shore excursions but when I click on them I just get the description of the excursion and no way to pay. I never had the onboard credit icon they describe in my record, so is that the problem? 

Same for me. I've sent a request for assistance to Azamara, let's see what they come back with.......

3 hours ago, AllisonJames said:

Same here. Paid in full. Excursions show as booked but no payment option appears. With more than enough OBC to cover them all, I'm wondering what the next step is. 

10 hours ago, AllisonJames said:

Have you tried using a different browser, say Chrome?

Edited by Grandma Cruising