Flash Sale! Drinks, Wifi, Excursions

tigervixxxen

1 hour ago, barneyboy said:

Which email address did you use to contact them as I’m thinking about complaining as well?  Thanks

One call and emails to 2/3 customer service teams (that I've deleted). The guy on the call saw the problem but could do nothing due to separation of IT systems. The email response was seriously bad, confirming the issue of two tier pricing and their seeing that as an answer to a complaint about it.   If I wasn't using onboard credit for my excusrions I'd give my money to local providers that charge us all the same.

48 minutes ago, tlspuds said:

One call and emails to 2/3 customer service teams (that I've deleted). The guy on the call saw the problem but could do nothing due to separation of IT systems. The email response was seriously bad, confirming the issue of two tier pricing and their seeing that as an answer to a complaint about it.   If I wasn't using onboard credit for my excusrions I'd give my money to local providers that charge us all the same.

I realise they won’t do anything but I’ll still email to make my displeasure known!

The sale is NOT available on our January,  2024 Equinox and May, 2024 Edge cruises.  It's available on September 2024 Solstice sailing. I'm in the US. So, I think the sale is only on select ships, not fleet wide.

• Like 2

Checked the upgrade to premium drink package when the sale was first announced and there was no discount. Got another email today that explicitly mentioned the upgrade so decided to check again. Scored the upgrade for 50% off at only 13 CAD pppd! This was for a sailing on Eclipse next month. Worth checking again if you didn't see a discount before!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Here is the flyer for the Flash Sale. There is nothing that says the sale is limited to certain ships. However it also doesn't mention that the sale is restricted to aby geographic region like the United States. 

Interesting.  I never receive those flyers.  Do you receive them via email?  Saw the flash sale posted here, thankfully.  

21 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

Interesting.  I never receive those flyers.  Do you receive them via email?  Saw the flash sale posted here, thankfully.  

There is a publicly accessible information website that is actively maintained by Celebrity: TheCelebrityCommitment.com  The website is intended for those in the travel trade which includes travel agents, tour operators, wholesalers, online retailers, etc (I am neither).

The website is chock full of information  It includes flyers such as the one that I just posted.  The only problem with it is that it is cumbersome to wade through all the information and there is no easy way to tell if something is new since you last visited the site.  Nevertheless, I am sure you will like it.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

There is a publicly accessible information website that is actively maintained by Celebrity: TheCelebrityCommitment.com  The website is intended for those in the travel trade which includes travel agents, tour operators, wholesalers, online retailers, etc (I am neither).

The website is chock full of information  It includes flyers such as the one that I just posted.  The only problem with it is that it is cumbersome to wade through all the information and there is no easy way to tell if something is new since you last visited the site.  Nevertheless, I am sure you will like it.

Very cool to learn something new ever day!  Thanx. 

• Like 1

It will not let me cancel some of my now higher priced excursions.  Our names appear red when we try and remove ourselves and this error icon pops up with no message.  Any one have any ideas?

thumbnail.jpg

14 minutes ago, paul28 said:

It will not let me cancel some of my now higher priced excursions.  Our names appear red when we try and remove ourselves and this error icon pops up with no message.  Any one have any ideas?

thumbnail.jpg

I have not seen this.  Did you cancel and then rebook your excursions?

19 minutes ago, paul28 said:

thumbnail.jpg

I presume you are trying to cancel this by going to your order history, pick out the specific order, and then clicking on "Cancel" (which yields the screenshot below)?  There is no name removal that I am aware of.

image.jpeg.5e7686800499be1b7ed4ecaf95f097bd.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

I presume you are trying to cancel this by going to your order history, pick out the specific order, and then clicking on "Cancel" (which yields the screenshot below)?  There is no name removal that I am aware of.

image.jpeg.5e7686800499be1b7ed4ecaf95f097bd.jpeg

Figured it out…thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ebtrip said:

Thanks for the updated flash sale. Called captain club had a 50 minute wait, but they had a call back. Was able to upgrade to premium beverage for $10.00 pppd plus gratuity. 

Thanks for the heads up!  I too was able to upgrade for $10.00 on my cruise in October… Now, I hope there is another sale for the following cruise in November. 

7 minutes ago, whirlybird3 said:

Thanks for the heads up!  I too was able to upgrade for $10.00 on my cruise in October… Now, I hope there is another sale for the following cruise in November. 

Is this really a "flash sale"?  Pre-covid it was $10pppd to upgrade, and both in the stateroom did not have to upgrade.  One could have the Premium, and the other could stay with the Classic.  They recently raised the price to $20pppd then made both in the stateroom having to upgrade.  Now they drop the price to $10pppd, but both have to upgrade, whether or not one only drinks Classic beverages.  So, it ends up I have to pay $20pppd for both of us, even though the wife only drinks Classic stuff.  I'm not feeling the love.  😍

On 8/4/2023 at 6:14 PM, Runwritecoffee said:

No flash sale for our august cruise! But I’m uk based and we didn’t get the July 4 sale either - is it just for US-based customers?

Reckon so. We are sailing with American friends on the same cruise in a few weeks time and they are getting a much better % discount on drinks and excursions than we can get. 

I keep seeing the title of this thread and getting excited, only to remember it’s not offered to those of us in the UK ☹️.  I wonder if we”ll see a similar offer, maybe at the end of the summer.

Catherine

On 8/5/2023 at 4:22 PM, FeebeeH said:

Same for Australia

Booked Solstice for September through the Australian website and got the 50% offer, around $18AUD per day to upgrade to the Premium Drinks package, and $8 per day for the wifi upgrade.

22 minutes ago, Mick1969 said:

Booked Solstice for September through the Australian website and got the 50% offer, around $18AUD per day to upgrade to the Premium Drinks package, and $8 per day for the wifi upgrade.

Thanks Mick1969, I  checked again but was same price as yesterday of AUD$12...for Wifi upgrade.  Maybe it's too early,  my Edge cruise is in February 2024.   I'll keep an eye out.

Anyone else having issues trying to upgrade to Premium Wi-Fi?  I was previously booked for Premium beverage and Wi-Fi, canceled both and successfully rebooked the beverage package. The app and website show the Wi-Fi upgrade sale price is available for my September cruise but won't allow me to checkout. 

I did not have the offer in my sailing neither, but I called the Captains Club helpdesk, and they were able to find a workaround:

They added On Board Credit for the amount of the discount of the specific order I wanted (50% Upgrade Classic > Premium Bev Package), and then they took that off as a discount, offering me effectively the same discount as the Flash Sale. 

It took me 3 calls, but in the end I managed to get the deal with a workaround from a helpful employee! 

• Like 1

Thanks I was able to upgrade the classic to the premium at 50% off on our September 2024 cruise to Hawaii on Solstice!! I also canceled and rebooked three specialty dining restaurants, and got those also discounted. We just became elite plus last year so I was going to go down to customer service to see about getting the discount after we got on board. Not sure if we got a better deal with the sale or if I would’ve waited??  but I will probably go down to customer service anyway and check.

On 8/3/2023 at 3:46 AM, Binbrooklady said:

Has anyone been able to get the upgrade from classic to premium beverage package? It still shows as $20 on my cruise planner for Oct. 30 TA.

Not sure if this has been answered, but I did get that option for 50% off and took it (Infinity this summer).