Drink package concern

Hello. I remember this issue being discussed before, but I can’t find the answer. 

a friend of mine is going on a cruise and is thinking of the drink package. However, her husband does not drink as he is a recovering alcoholic. She knows he has to get the package as well if she does, but is very concerned that it would tempt him. Does RCI make exceptions?  She said she could get a drs note if necessary. Who would she contact?

Thanking you in advance for any help or direction with this issue. 

Just call.  He does not have to get the beverage package.  A lot of people are able to do this.  They may say he needs to get the non alcoholic refreshment package but that is a lot less money and he won’t be tempted. 

20 minutes ago, Cruiser1862 said:

Hello. I remember this issue being discussed before, but I can’t find the answer. 

a friend of mine is going on a cruise and is thinking of the drink package. However, her husband does not drink as he is a recovering alcoholic. She knows he has to get the package as well if she does, but is very concerned that it would tempt him. Does RCI make exceptions?  She said she could get a drs note if necessary. Who would she contact?

Thanking you in advance for any help or direction with this issue. 

Just call customer service and tell them you want a drink package but your sailing companion does no/can not drink.  they will over ride the system and require the non drinker to buy age refreshment package.  

You MUST call, this can not be accomplished online.