Murano Christmas Eve dinner $150 pp wine pairing extra (Eclipse)

zitsky

I had already booked Murano on Christmas and saw this Christmas Eve dinner at $150 pp plus wine pairing.  On Eclipse.  I wonder if someone has done this fixed price menu at Murano and what they thought about it?

I may cancel or reschedule my other Murano dinner which is much cheaper.  

I may also cancel our Daniel Boulud dinner reservation.

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I had already booked Murano on Christmas and saw this Christmas Eve dinner at $150 pp plus wine pairing.  On Eclipse.  I wonder if someone has done this fixed price menu at Murano and what they thought about it?

will they honor the original booking and price or cancel you?

14 minutes ago, hcat said:

will they honor the original booking and price or cancel you?

Hmm?  Not sure what you are asking?  I’m not expecting changes to price.  My husband can’t eat too many of these fancy dinners so something has to go.

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Hmm?  Not sure what you are asking?  I’m not expecting changes to price.  My husband can’t eat too many of these fancy dinners so something has to go.

z let your husband pick which one(s) to do and cancel the rest... 

bon appetit and bon voyage

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

z let your husband pick which one(s) to do and cancel the rest... 

Bo, What made you think there was any other way?  😂😂😂

The problem is that you know the date for some dinners like Christmas and NYE but not the others.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Bo, What made you think there was any other way?  😂😂😂

The problem is that you know the date for some dinners like Christmas and NYE but not the others.

z you get to schedule the dates for those dinners, with the exception of DB's...

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

z you get to schedule the dates for those dinners, with the exception of DB's...

Yes that is true now that I think about it.  I also wanted the champagne dinner but that is not advertised.

32 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I was asking if you want to dine out a  specialty ( Murano) for Christmas  will they honor your booked price or will it be at the higher Holiday price?  

We try to avoid holiday time cruises so have never had a similar issue. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BRONZEMEMBER said:

Can you look at the holiday menu?  Last year, I seem to recall the dinner being fairly close to the everyday offerings,  just more costly

There is a sample menu 4-5 courses looks good.

21 minutes ago, hcat said:

I was asking if you want to dine out a  specialty ( Murano) for Christmas  will they honor your booked price or will it be at the higher Holiday price?  

We try to avoid holiday time cruises so have never had a similar issue. 

Regular menu and price is available on other days Eg Christmas.  Day after etc.  Now can you get regular menu when special menu is offered,  I don’t know.

I shifted our REGULAR Murano dinner from day 3 to day 12.

50 minutes ago, zitsky said:

A few years ago during a cruise on Solstice, we had dinner reservations to the Silk Harvest for $35 pp.  I booked it online before the cruise.  It turned out that for the night we had the reservations, Silk Harvest had a special menu with live music and that they were charging $45pp.  Furthermore, we found out that our reservation had been moved to the next day with no notification that I was aware of--presumably because we only paid $35 pp for the normal dining experience.  I didn't find this out until we actually showed up for our reserved dining time.  Long story short, we ended up getting seat for our original dining time and at the original price, but it took some arm twisting by me to get the maitre d' to agree to it.  Here is a link to the story I posted on it.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are you saying you've got a reservation already on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve at Murano?

If you're already booked on Christmas Eve, I wouldn't bother changing as you may get served the holiday menu at no extra charge 🤷‍♂️ If booked on Christmas Day, I would also leave that reservation alone since Murano will be a popular spot on that day.

The New Years Eve menu actually looks more appealing in my opinion (maybe because it includes cold water lobster). Maybe show your husband both options and see what he thinks?

It's lame that you pay $150 and it doesn't even include the wine pairings, although having a premium beverage package may offset any charges for the paired wines.

For others that are curious, I've attached the sample holiday menus for both Christmas Eve and NYE below.

MURAXMSEVE.pdf

MURANEWYRS.pdf

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

We did not do it but there was a similar offering on Reflection for New Year's Eve at this price.  Looking at the menu it was the same as the standard Murano's menu with 2 appetizers and 2 entrees with slightly different preparations. Didn't seem worth it to me.

Look.  How is Celebrity going to survive if I don’t book an overpriced dinner???  Really people!

We are booked for 

Christmas Eve Holiday menu

Christmas Day regular menu

New Year’s Eve Holiday menu

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Look.  How is Celebrity going to survive if I don’t book an overpriced dinner???  Really people!

We are booked for 

Christmas Eve Holiday menu

Christmas Day regular menu

New Year’s Eve Holiday menu

Good for you.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

I would not cancel the Daniel Boulud dinner.  The Christmas Eve dinner was ahem rather basic.  Not many choices IMHO.  A nice menu but few choices.

My opinion is that the Christmas Eve dinner menu and New Years Eve dinner menus are not nearly as good as Boulud.

Edited by NMTraveller

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I would not cancel the Daniel Boulud dinner.  The Christmas Eve dinner was ahem rather basic.  Not many choices IMHO.  A nice menu but few choices.

My opinion is that the Christmas Eve dinner menu and New Years Eve dinner menus are not nearly as good as Boulud.

Thanks for that.  Oh well.