Can someone explain the logic on this cruise?

grandgeezer

Mexican Rivera, six days, leaving L.A. December 1, 2023 the Ecllipse. Concierge balcony guaranty $699 p.p. Including taxes and fees. Same category with A.I. included, $1,790 p.p. That’s almost $1,100 p.p. (or $183 per person p.d.) for drinks and internet. If you want to pick your own cabin it’s about $650 p.p. more.

There are several other of these cruises at the same price in the same general timeframe.

My guess as P.T. Barnum once said “There’s a sucker born every minute” at least when it comes to the A.I.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s usually for cruises in the next six months that I suspect aren’t selling quite as well so they deeply discount the guarantee cruise only rate but still want to earn the on board spending of the passenger. If you actually choose your cabin, usually the rate between the AI and cruise only is more reasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They don't discount the AI on guaranteed cabins. The AI price is likely the AI price when it was at full list price.  They do discount the AI cruise only.  So either pick a different category to add AI or don't add AI and rely on the flash sales to add drinks and internet paying the tips yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Mexican Rivera, six days, leaving L.A. December 1, 2023 the Ecllipse. Concierge balcony guaranty $699 p.p. Including taxes and fees. Same category with A.I. included, $1,790 p.p. That’s almost $1,100 p.p. (or $183 per person p.d.) for drinks and internet. If you want to pick your own cabin it’s about $650 p.p. more.

There are several other of these cruises at the same price in the same general timeframe.

My guess as P.T. Barnum once said “There’s a sucker born every minute” at least when it comes to the A.I.

The All Included price for pick your own cabin is CHEAPER than the GTY....check it out! I just priced it and the GTY is no longer available but pick you own cabin with AI is only $1680.

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2023 at 5:21 PM, basenji56 said:

But no worries about "nickel and diming!"

Never buy all included and never listen to sales pitches.. Walk by , don't make eye contact. Have a good time .. pay my grats

Please do correct my thinking....

I have read on many posts that both Celebrity and RCL would offer huge discounts on AI (normally drink packages?) when you board the ship? Normally, its within the first 3 hours on the embarkation time.

Could this possibly save money by waiting till you see such promotions when you board?

11 minutes ago, agape01 said:

Please do correct my thinking....

I have read on many posts that both Celebrity and RCL would offer huge discounts on AI (normally drink packages?) when you board the ship? Normally, its within the first 3 hours on the embarkation time.

Could this possibly save money by waiting till you see such promotions when you board?

They tell you this are great special offers but in fact they are not and not diferent from other offers, just the usuall American marketing approach of "Sale" like in all shops on land..

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

They tell you this are great special offers but in fact they are not and not diferent from other offers, just the usuall American marketing approach of "Sale" like in all shops on land..

Thank you.