Deposit Refund Amount

ladysail2

I need to cancel a cruise. It is a solo booking, just me on the cruise.  But, I’ve been told that Carnival charges $50pp cancellation fee…so why am I being charged $100?  I have asked for a review of that cancellation fee. Do you think it’s just an error on the part of the agent?

Thanks..😊

its due to a early saver booking. early saver has a 50 dollar per person fee. most likely you are being charged double as that is the standard since everything is based on double occupancy

Edited by shof515

21 minutes ago, shof515 said:

its due to a early saver booking. early saver has a 50 dollar per person fee. most likely you are being charged double as that is the standard since everything is based on double occupancy

So who’s the second person??  On a solo booking?  I’ve had to cancel before and was only charged $50.  I’ll see what happens. Thanks!

10 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

I need to cancel a cruise. It is a solo booking, just me on the cruise.  But, I’ve been told that Carnival charges $50pp cancellation fee…so why am I being charged $100?  I have asked for a review of that cancellation fee. Do you think it’s just an error on the part of the agent?

Thanks..😊

You could look over the fine print of your booking and see what the cancellation terms are. Did you book through a travel agent? Have you asked them? When you booked the room was it actually booked as just 1 person OR 1 person and 1 TBD passenger. Even though a second passenger wasn't specified or named in the booking, if there was a slot for a passenger it still counts as two. That said if it was booked entirely as just one person in the room then you'll most likely get the $50 back. 

It was a mistake. I heard from my agent today and I’m only being charged one $50 cancellation fee. The balance of the deposit will become an FCC.

On my invoice, it states that the FCC has to be used within 24 months of cancellation…yet, the agent told me I only have 12 months from the date of cancellation….oh well, a battle for another day, LOL.  More than likely, I’ll book well before the 12 month deadline anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!  Have a good day! 😊

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

It was a mistake. I heard from my agent today and I’m only being charged one $50 cancellation fee. The balance of the deposit will become an FCC.

On my invoice, it states that the FCC has to be used within 24 months of cancellation…yet, the agent told me I only have 12 months from the date of cancellation….oh well, a battle for another day, LOL.  More than likely, I’ll book well before the 12 month deadline anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!  Have a good day! 😊

I think I remember reading in some fine print on cancellations that the future cruise you want to apply the credit on needs to be booked within the 12 month window, but the actual sail date can be later.  Worth asking Carnival for clarification.

4 hours ago, TiredTrucker said:

I think I remember reading in some fine print on cancellations that the future cruise you want to apply the credit on needs to be booked within the 12 month window, but the actual sail date can be later.  Worth asking Carnival for clarification.

I’ll wait for the FCC certificate, I’m sure it will spell out the official rules.  
Thanks!  😊

24 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I’ll wait for the FCC certificate, I’m sure it will spell out the official rules.  
Thanks!  😊

You don't get a certificate.  It just sits on your account.  You have 12 months to book, 24 months to sail.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 10:09 AM, Schoifmom said:

You don't get a certificate.  It just sits on your account.  You have 12 months to book, 24 months to sail.

Does one receive a certificate number? If I was to book a cruise myself on-line, how would I use an FCC?   Thanks! 😊

36 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Does one receive a certificate number? If I was to book a cruise myself on-line, how would I use an FCC?   Thanks! 😊

I just had to do this. You will receive an email - the letter will have the details of cancelled cruise and amount you paid for deposit. Save that as you will need it after you have booked another cruise. Then its just a matter of clicking on link in the letter and filling in the details. They processed ours within 24 hours. 

I had also made a couple of payments using Carnival gift cards and had to follow up. If you use gift cards they reissue e-giftcards so watch your email for those. My husbands email was attached to the cancelled booking and deleted that email. I had to email the info to a different department to get that reissued. Amazingly it was done within 24 hours! 

6 hours ago, qat48 said:

I just had to do this. You will receive an email - the letter will have the details of cancelled cruise and amount you paid for deposit. Save that as you will need it after you have booked another cruise. Then its just a matter of clicking on link in the letter and filling in the details. They processed ours within 24 hours. 

I had also made a couple of payments using Carnival gift cards and had to follow up. If you use gift cards they reissue e-giftcards so watch your email for those. My husbands email was attached to the cancelled booking and deleted that email. I had to email the info to a different department to get that reissued. Amazingly it was done within 24 hours! 

Thank you very much for that information…my travel agent never explained anything like that to me.  She told me that the FCC will be attached to the cancelled booking..well, I’ve booked lots of cruises by myself and never saw anything about trying to pair a cancelled booking to a new booking.  So, I will certainly be watching my email. I also will receive an e-gift card for…wait for it….$38.  Oh well, it all helps.   Thank you again!  😊

1 hour ago, ladysail2 said:

Thank you very much for that information…my travel agent never explained anything like that to me.  She told me that the FCC will be attached to the cancelled booking..well, I’ve booked lots of cruises by myself and never saw anything about trying to pair a cancelled booking to a new booking.  So, I will certainly be watching my email. I also will receive an e-gift card for…wait for it….$38.  Oh well, it all helps.   Thank you again!  😊

I booked through a big box TA and cancelled a cruise but never got an email about any FCC after I cancelled an early saver rate.  I had to call the big box and then they helped me move the money left over to another cruise. 

11 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I booked through a big box TA and cancelled a cruise but never got an email about any FCC after I cancelled an early saver rate.  I had to call the big box and then they helped me move the money left over to another cruise. 

That works if you’re going to book through a travel agent. But I’m not sure if I want to book any more cruises through 3rd parties.  That’s why I’d like all the information so I can choose.