Royals APP

PMO

I have a 11 day cruise in January and have been checking my app from time to time. The dining section says venue closed after day 8 for breakfast. This is not a 7 night cruise it’s 11 nights. Is this a new normal for Royal? Most of my longer cruises have been on Celebrity. 

19 minutes ago, PMO said:

I have a 11 day cruise in January and have been checking my app from time to time. The dining section says venue closed after day 8 for breakfast. This is not a 7 night cruise it’s 11 nights. Is this a new normal for Royal? Most of my longer cruises have been on Celebrity. 

You're likely seeing the current sailing in the app when you look this far out, not yours, or it's just inaccurate. Of course there will be breakfast the whole cruise.

It will not be accurate until much closer to your sailing and some stuff will not fully update until your embarkation morning (more of the activity stuff).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, the app info will get more complete/accurate as you get closer to sailing.

8 hours ago, PMO said:

Thank you for your information. In the Celebrity app it was accurate a year out. 

We are talking about RCCL's IT here, are we not?  

:classic_wacko:

9 hours ago, PMO said:

Thank you for your information. In the Celebrity app it was accurate a year out. 

My 5 night Summit in January is showing a special luncheon on day 7 in the app. Maybe you were looking at one of their year round itineraries?

I do understand that the app is not always reliable. I did not have the wrong cruise as all my information is accurate and the excursions go for 11 days. I think it’s just Royal and their total confusion with dining. It really does drive me crazy. But I’m Diamond+ so I put up with things. 

51 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Ever since menus were put in the app, it has always shown the menus for that ship's current cruise.

I don't expect an answer to my question(s) below.  I'm quoting you as a point of reference.

The key word there is "current".  This means that we can not look ahead and make plans based on the menu.  For example, do I make reservations at Chop's on Monday night because the MDR doesn't have what I want/like?  I'm not asking for several months in advance but maybe a month and I fully understand a menu can only offer what the market makes available and is seasonable.  But, again, a month or so isn't too much to ask.  I believe this is an IT issue, as usual.    

31 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I don't expect an answer to my question(s) below.  I'm quoting you as a point of reference.

The key word there is "current".  This means that we can not look ahead and make plans based on the menu.  For example, do I make reservations at Chop's on Monday night because the MDR doesn't have what I want/like?  I'm not asking for several months in advance but maybe a month and I fully understand a menu can only offer what the market makes available and is seasonable.  But, again, a month or so isn't too much to ask.  I believe this is an IT issue, as usual.    

The menus are largely the same from cruise to cruise, short of holidays or supply issues that can crop up at the last minute.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

The menus are largely the same from cruise to cruise, short of holidays or supply issues that can crop up at the last minute.

Yep, I understand that.  This makes me wonder, even more, if menus are "largely" the same from cruise to cruise what's stopping them from posting them at least one month out?  I think most of us adult, well-seasoned, reasonable, and experienced people already know of the ramifications of supply and demand, seasons, holidays, et al and a disclaimer on the menu about things are subject to change without notice is a cover-all/CYA.  

Smokey, I know you aren't a representative of RCCL or any other cruise line.  So, I don't expect you to answer any or all of my inquisitiveness.  But, you are welcome to.

Just now, Ret MP said:

This makes me wonder, even more, if menus are "largely" the same from cruise to cruise what's stopping them from posting them at least one month out?

So people can't complain (though they still will) when something is different on the actual menu than what was in the app a month out.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Ever since menus were put in the app, it has always shown the menus for that ship's current cruise.

I’m curious as to where the menus are on the app.  I didn’t see anything when looking on the app.  Any suggestions of where to look in the app would be appreciated 

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

So people can't complain (though they still will) when something is different on the actual menu than what was in the app a month out.

As you said, they will.  I won't!  I've been in the Customer Service/Hospitality industry for far too many years and I tend to be, probably more understanding than most.  I'd be a lousy business owner, I'd tell the squeaky wheels to kiss .......... off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gabrielle R. said:

I’m curious as to where the menus are on the app.  I didn’t see anything when looking on the app.  Any suggestions of where to look in the app would be appreciated 

You may not see them until you get closer to your sailing.  The only menu I can see for my Jan 2024 sailing is for Sabor.  Nothing for the specialty restaurants and the NDR.  When they are available, it will be right there when you click on the restaurant you are researching

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

You may not see them until you get closer to your sailing.  The only menu I can see for my Jan 2024 sailing is for Sabor.  Nothing for the specialty restaurants and the NDR.  When they are available, it will be right there when you click on the restaurant you are researching

THANKS!!! That helps!! I was worried I was lacking in the technology department 😉

2 minutes ago, Gabrielle R. said:

THANKS!!! That helps!! I was worried I was lacking in the technology department 😉

I'm not trying to be a wise guy here.  But, how familiar are you with the App.  If you need step-by-step instructions on how to get to the menu or where they will eventually be, I'd be glad to walk you through it.  

Just now, Ret MP said:

I'm not trying to be a wise guy here.  But, how familiar are you with the App.  If you need step-by-step instructions on how to get to the menu or where they will eventually be, I'd be glad to walk you through it.  

THANK YOU FOR THE OFFER!!! 😊

I’m pretty good with technology 8 out of 10 times….. but sometimes I hit something that makes me scratch my head and ask: “ WHERE is it?!?” 
Thank you for the kind offer!!! I took the question in the spirit it was given. 

• Like 1