Help with FLL Excursion on Disembarking

Oceangoer2

25 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

What do you do in FLL when cruise ends at 8:30am and plane departure is 4:30pm?  I know X offers some but are there other choices?  Thanks for your help.

You could get a day room and hang out at the hotel.😀 try www.dayuse.com and see what is available for the date you need.

27 minutes ago, Lois R said:

You could get a day room and hang out at the hotel.😀 try www.dayuse.com and see what is available for the date you need.

Thanks for the link...will look into it.  I was hoping for an excursion to pass the time but not many to be found unless I'm looking in all the wrong places...😕

7 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks for the link...will look into it.  I was hoping for an excursion to pass the time but not many to be found unless I'm looking in all the wrong places...😕

The only post cruise tour I have taken is The Everglades tour through the cruise line. It will still leave you ALOT of time left in the day.  Did you Google "Private Tours in Ft Lauderdale" and see what pops up? 

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

The only post cruise tour I have taken is The Everglades tour through the cruise line. It will still leave you ALOT of time left in the day.  Did you Google "Private Tours in Ft Lauderdale" and see what pops up? 

Did you like the Everglades Tour?  Says it's 4 hrs so 12:30 finish which leaves lots of time for airport arrival.  Where did the tour drop you off.  Thanks for responding.

20 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Did you like the Everglades Tour?  Says it's 4 hrs so 12:30 finish which leaves lots of time for airport arrival.  Where did the tour drop you off.  Thanks for responding.

Hi, to be totally honest with you, it has been years since I did it. Yes, I enjoyed it but I cannot remember anything about the logistics of it. Sorry! 

resortpass.com will link you to hotels/resorts offering day passes to their pool/beach/spa facilities.  Tip them to store your bags while you swim, relax, get pampered and enjoy a boozy lunch before heading to the airport.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all for your responses.  Looked into all the helpful suggestions;  finally we decided to stop trying to fill the time and found a way to work it out by eliminating the connection which was causing the problem (after the airline changed our original flights to one which left the big gap).  We're going to drive home after our departure flight instead of waiting for the connector.  So thanks again for all your suggestions...much appreciated.  👍

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks to all for your responses.  Looked into all the helpful suggestions;  finally we decided to stop trying to fill the time and found a way to work it out by eliminating the connection which was causing the problem (after the airline changed our original flights to one which left the big gap).  We're going to drive home after our departure flight instead of waiting for the connector.  So thanks again for all your suggestions...much appreciated.  👍

Are you aware that when an airline changes your flight that you do not have to accept what they give you?  You can ask to be rebooked on a different flight (if there is room of course).  It happens all the time to me and I first check and see if there is a better option for me and then I call (sometimes you can do it online easily) and ask for the better option - NO EXTRA CHARGE as long as they are the ones making the change.  I have found that the airlines will rebook your flight onto one that suits them. npt necessarily you. so you have to do your homework.  I have had experiences where I ended up with better flight times than I started with and at the same cost as the original flight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Are you aware that when an airline changes your flight that you do not have to accept what they give you?  You can ask to be rebooked on a different flight (if there is room of course). 

I agree

Had my flights changed twice   rebooked one   2nd one just cancelled for  a full refund & booked  a flight  more convenient for us

Fingers crossed they do not change again LOL

Yes you have options when the airlines change your booked flights

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Are you renting  a car in the USA?

Be sure you can drop off in Canada  & what the  costs will be

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Are you aware that when an airline changes your flight that you do not have to accept what they give you?  You can ask to be rebooked on a different flight (if there is room of course).  It happens all the time to me and I first check and see if there is a better option for me and then I call (sometimes you can do it online easily) and ask for the better option - NO EXTRA CHARGE as long as they are the ones making the change.  I have found that the airlines will rebook your flight onto one that suits them. npt necessarily you. so you have to do your homework.  I have had experiences where I ended up with better flight times than I started with and at the same cost as the original flight.

Yes...we had the option to change flights.  The connecting flight to our small home city that worked for us was cancelled;  the next and only flight was 8 hrs layover so no choice off the top.  Thinking about the options next day, we cancelled the connection and will drive to/from the originating airport. for a direct flight..2 hr drive but simple solution.  No charge.  Lost our great seats though....🥲..When we rebooked into the first leg flight we cancelled, someone was johnny on the spot waiting for 'good seats' to come open.

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Ok   just wanted to make sure you knew

Where is Southern Canada? 😉

Oddly enough, not sure, but did we talk about our 'locations' in past emails.  Are you presently living in a small town south of London?

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Oddly enough, not sure, but did we talk about our 'locations' in past emails.  Are you presently living in a small town south of London?

Yep  that is me  😉

I think you are in the  area north of London if I recall ??

On 8/9/2023 at 9:15 AM, Lois R said:

Use an ecotour as a transer and luggage storage option.

I like Miami Native, Wild Lime Adventures and a distant third, Magic City