LIVE from the Glory: Aug 13-20, 2023

6 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey @ninjacat123 I'll wave at you in baggage claim at FCO in Oct when DH and I also leave for a cruise 😎

I will follow along if you do a Live - safe travels!

Hey @Haljo1935 ! You're on the Pride before us or a different ship?  We will be flying into FCO on Oct 14 and jumping on a train to Venice.  Spend the night there then train to Florence.  Spend the night there.  Train to Rome and two nights there.  Embark on Pride Oct 18. Woo Hoo!!

I don't know if I'm coordinated enough to do a live, but maaaaaybeeeee....😅

Edited by ninjacat123
more info :)
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Funny you should ask!  It won't be until next summer, but we were just tossing around some ideas today.  

Next Summer. We have to wait that long? Guess I will just have to go  back and re reread your last few live reports.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Hey @Haljo1935 ! You're on the Pride before us or a different ship? ...

I don't know if I'm coordinated enough to do a live, but maaaaaybeeeee....😅

Diff ship, we arrive Oct 26 for a few days getting lost in Rome then cruise Oct 29 - Nov 10, fly home Nov 11. We'll still 👋 

As for a Live - you can do it, yes you can; you can do it, I'm a fan!! 🥸📣😊

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 11:14 PM, MommyCrankyPants said:

Looking forward to your live review and I'm enjoying following along! 🙂 DH & me sail the Glory Sept. 3rd and we're driving in from SE Kentucky the day before.

We will be on the Glory Sept 3-10 too!  We will be driving down from Dallas on Friday so we can spend some time in New Orleans.  First time to visit New Orleans and first time sailing out of NO.  I usually sail out of Galveston.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grannygirl21 said:

We will be on the Glory Sept 3-10 too!  We will be driving down from Dallas on Friday so we can spend some time in New Orleans.  First time to visit New Orleans and first time sailing out of NO.  I usually sail out of Galveston.

Woo hoo .. 11 day happy dance ❤️ I hope you have a nice visit in New Orleans. This will be our 3rd cruise out of NOLA and we really like the port! In 2016 we drove in a couple days early and explored the city. We had a lot of fun! Not gonna explore this go around, but looking forward to the road trip. 😄  This is our 13th Anniversary cruise, just the two of us. ❤️ 

• Like 4

SOOOO thankful your father-in-law was OK.  What a scare.  The near miss on the road. WOW!  An angel's wing from danger and great defensive driving on wife's part.  Will wait for your next review on your next cruise.  TY so much

• Like 1

15 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Great review! Appreciate all the details esp about the Fury Catamaran. So good to know there are stairs and not one of those shaky ladders! Now I know that’s a good excursion option for me.

They have nice pictures and videos on their site so you can get a good picture of the stairs.

Home | Fury Cozumel | The best sail, snorkel and beach tour in Cozumel Island

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 12:26 AM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

There’s something else I skipped over.  The price I pay for doing a live report that is a day behind.

Between the chairlift and the pier is, of course, the duty free shop.  There is nothing that interested us in there, but it makes a good AC spot to get out our sail and sign cards and IDs.

I open my bag, and take out the sail and sign cards to distribute.  I also carry everyone else’s ID’s, so I get them out to distribute.  I then go to get my ID out, which I keep.in my phone case.  And then it occurs to me. Before leaving, I took my phone out of my pocket to get the card we’re using to lock the safe - which I also keep in my phone. And left it on the desk. With my ID still inside. And the card for the safe.

Talk about a rookie mistake.

We still had an hour before all aboard time, so there wouldn’t be an issue for my wife to go on the ship, retrieve my ID, and come get me.  Except, of course, my wife not letting me live this down. And, the pain I’d feel for making my wife make an extra round trip to and from the ship.

For those who read my Horizon review, yes, I had a flashback of standing outside airport security while my wife passed me my book through the security guard. It was going to happen again!

Though I had resigned myself to my fate, my wife, who’s intuition was taking a vacation this vacation (remember how many points she got last cruise?), took charge.

She gathered all of the IDs back, and told everyone else to go in front of her with the sails and sign cards.  As I approached the guard with my sail and sign card, my wife pushed ahead of the kids and me (almost knocking over poor grandpa in the process) and handed the guard the stack of IDs (we carry IDs for the kids, just in case). The guard glanced at the stack, handed them back, and sent us all on the way.

I know, how could I forget to include this part?

You've got yourself a good, smart wife there!!!  Don't let her go! 😄

• Like 1