Laundromat?

colonial50

6 minutes ago, colonial50 said:

Does the ship have a self service laundromat with irons and ironing boards?

Yes they’re on decks 9 &10 - here’s some photos someone posted on FB

There is no charge to use them

Not sure what hours they’re open

IMG_2456.thumb.jpeg.4f89c27c07cb0375fd1fdb1443b51e0a.jpeg

IMG_2457.thumb.jpeg.38219d606d32a943f743a0a63416089f.jpeg

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No instructions and very confusing, especially for the Americans who have never used a European machine.  Each room has 2 washers on bottom and 2 dryers too high for the short passengers to see the control symbols to select time and heat, so total of 4 washers, 4 dryers.  Plus there is a long tray that collects water that must be emptied frequently since they are ventless, and that too is without instruction and too high for short passengers.  Ditto with the filter, as it must be raised straight up.  Group help was hilarious as we all pooled what we discovered to help each other.  Reception was called and the helpful host came up with notes which she referred to, looked at the buttons, back at the notes and said "I have no idea".  Many were dismayed to find they had selected a 3 1/2 hour option.  One who wanted the shortest one wouldn't believe me when I explained that it was rinse only.  Repeated requests for instructions that explained the symbols will hopefully be forthcoming. 

But most of their cruises are on the 4-11 nights range. One would rarely to need laundry services on those cruises. I see it as a little bonus for the ones whom need it, more than a specific need. I hope they adjust Penthouses and above included laundry level to at least the Oceania/Viking/Azamara top suite level though, if that is far different. You can't run against your competitors on the worse, only on the equal to better.

• Like 1

If you have some delicates or the like that need to be drip dried, be advised that there are no clothes lines, retractable or otherwise, in your suite. 

i had previously posted on another read similar concerns re the laundry rooms. The instruction manuals are in the back of the bottom cabinet. Just be careful bending down to get them as you may not be visible to those opening the door. 

• Like 1

The only thing that keeps me thinking about returning to Holland America is the complimentary laundry service as we are 4-Star Mariners. But most of the time we sailed Neptune Suites and got it anyway. It would be nice if the loyalty program, when it is implemented, includes a laundry benefit.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My experience on other cruise lines is that there are instructions on the wall, usually laminated.

Also, in my experience, most washing machines have been American so it makes a change for one to be European.

1 hour ago, English Tim said:

My experience on other cruise lines is that there are instructions on the wall, usually laminated.

Also, in my experience, most washing machines have been American so it makes a change for one to be European.

There is limited information provided but we found it more useful to watch a YouTube video on the models

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 12:32 PM, as3369 said:

There is limited information provided but we found it more useful to watch a YouTube video on the models

Link please!