Port Valet out of Seattle

mamajean1113

We will be disembarking in Seattle after our Alaskan cruise.  I know that Port Valet will take your luggage straight to the airport.  My question is should I book Port Valet before the cruise or should I wait until we board and do it at that time.  I don't want to confuse matters if I pre book.  Has anyone used this service and did you pre book and have any issues? Thank you in advance!!!!

• Like 1

Pre book! I did, but another family member waited until on the ship and was declined as they had reached their limit. It was very nice to put the luggage out the night before debarkation and not worry about it again until we arrive at our home airport.

Barb

• Like 2

Just now, barb in ga said:

Pre book! I did, but another family member waited until on the ship and was declined as they had reached their limit. It was very nice to put the luggage out the night before debarkation and not worry about it again until we arrive at our home airport.

Barb

Agree with this. I heard someone berating the poor customer service attendant onboard because they were declined for the service after trying to sign up.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mamajean1113 said:

We will be disembarking in Seattle after our Alaskan cruise.  I know that Port Valet will take your luggage straight to the airport.  My question is should I book Port Valet before the cruise or should I wait until we board and do it at that time.  I don't want to confuse matters if I pre book.  Has anyone used this service and did you pre book and have any issues? Thank you in advance!!!!

Book onboard. The ship will need to track and get things to you. We always do. 

while we have not experienced it, there are reports of pre books not getting to the ship. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just did this for an early August cruise. We waited to book until onboard and had no issues. I wasn't sure how many bags we would have to check - I had a fold-down to nothing bag that could either be packed or used - and as we packed a day or two before the trip determined that two would be enough, but decided to wait. We had an evening flight, set out the two bags and each carried a backpack for sightseeing. Works well.

All of the paperwork we needed to fill out had a disclaimer on it that the direct luggage service does not work for everyone. I was concerned because I was traveling with my grandson who has a different last name that we might have an issue - but we were fine. You don't find if you are accepted in the program until late in the cruise. Boarding passes and luggage tags and delivered to the cabin.

One other thing I noticed was that between where you drop the luggage with the porters and entered the terminal they had a luggage hold. I didn't need it, so didn't check out, but from the outside it had a sign that bags were $5 per bag and I think it said they would hold until 3:30. Was good to know as a back up plan if I needed it.

• Like 1

Good luck.  It took us 3 days to get our luggage.  They didn't even send our luggage to the airport until mid-afternoon even though our flight was around noon.  Then they sent it to the wrong airport.  We had to go to DFW multiple times trying to get it all worked out before we finally received our luggage.

On 8/19/2023 at 12:19 AM, TequilaKen said:

Good luck.  It took us 3 days to get our luggage.  They didn't even send our luggage to the airport until mid-afternoon even though our flight was around noon.  Then they sent it to the wrong airport.  We had to go to DFW multiple times trying to get it all worked out before we finally received our luggage.

Oh wow, 3 days is a lot to wait.  I guess it was a good thing this happened on your way home and not to the cruise. 

On 8/18/2023 at 9:19 PM, TequilaKen said:

Thank you for sharing that.  We've had at least one other report of the service not working.

On 8/15/2023 at 4:40 AM, vswan said:

One other thing I noticed was that between where you drop the luggage with the porters and entered the terminal they had a luggage hold. I didn't need it, so didn't check out, but from the outside it had a sign that bags were $5 per bag and I think it said they would hold until 3:30. Was good to know as a back up plan if I needed it.

We just used that service earlier this month.  It worked great.  We checked the bags and then walked down to the area with the aquarium/wheel/harbor tours/etc.  Good way to spend a few hours if you have a late flight.

On 8/19/2023 at 12:19 AM, TequilaKen said:

We use the service every year and have never had a problem. 

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We use the service every year and have never had a problem. 

It is obvious from reports here on the forum that most people have never had a problem.  That said, it is good to hear if/when there are problems so we don't all just assume that it is perfect.

I prebooked and then was worried when I didn't get any onboard confirmation . . . quick check at the desk confirmed I was good to go. 

It was a great experience! This was the first time we've used it, and I'll use it every time I see it now.