Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

I got the email earlier today and like many of you was told my current PLUS doesn't include the new features but I could upgrade thru the personalizer.

Went to log in and it failed! (It has been doing this lately and I know the info is correct). OK, I used my booking number--that at least let me see the booking.

Went to Bev Packages, saw the total cost and thought but I already have the PLUS, so shouldn't it just be the difference? Figured I would try and upgrade, so clicked on that for both of us. Surprise, it said I owed $2k not just the difference (maybe a few hundred).

OK I thought, I'll just empty my cart and call tomorrow. Surprise--it wouldn't remove the packages from my cart 😮 At this point, I am so disgusted with the whole thing I just shut everything down. (But my cart still shows the 2 packages--grrrr).

I don't understand why Princess is so incompetent when it comes to this?? Emptying shopping carts is a well-understood, commonly used element of online shopping, not to mention logging in, which works sometimes but not others.

It makes me wonder if they have anyone working at Princess that can even find their butt with their hands, let alone code simple online tasks.

I guess I'll be on the phone tomorrow. Cruise isn't until November--it will probably take that long to get through 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It's under Special Requests/Gifts in Polar, BUT the new amenities are not yet in Polar so not listed (don't shoot the messenger). However, you SHOULD be able to see the new perks listed in the app (at least I can with my short September sailing that has premiere).

Interesting because I had the impression from the last seminar - with fuzzy screen shots from POLAR - that there was a clear indication of what guest has in their package.  Or at least which package it is.

AFAIK, there are only four packages active today outside of Standard:

PLUS @ $50

PLUS @ $60

PREMIER @ $75

PREMIER @ $80

Maybe there is still some old $40 Plus not sailed yet as well.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Interesting because I had the impression from the last seminar - with fuzzy screen shots from POLAR - that there was a clear indication of what guest has in their package.  Or at least which package it is.

PLUS @ $50

PLUS @ $60

PREMIER @ $75

PREMIER @ $80

Nah, the Polar lady (when not being interrupted and talked over by  Carmen) did say that the new perks are not yet in Polar - easy to miss it though as Carmen was so loud. Lol. I have no idea what packages are still in play (likely neither does Princess) - the codes I listed are all the ones provided to agents and the ones I use to add/upgrade my clients. It's fast and easy - but only if you have the codes. I do have to wonder if the whole "if you paid the old price you won't get the perks" thing is actually just a way to grab as many folk as possible to get more money - in reality, will the onboard staff actually KNOW they don't have the "new" packages? I would love someone to test it out and report back!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have a cruise booked next April. It's booked with the Plus 50 fare. I can't finalize the Medallion selection because every time I do the selections for my wife and myself it gets to the end and insists on a credit card. Since I don't pay for it the option in the app stays unchecked (unfinished).

It absolutely is mind-boggling.  My career was in IT business software.  I have never seen anything remotely approaching the utter incompetence displayed by Princess IT on multiple occasions.

Yeah it's amazing. I designed a few web pages when I was working and even I did better then these "experts".

Mind-boggling is too nice a term. Incompetent is better but doesn't get to the profound lack of understanding (or coherent English) on Princess' part.

Grrrrrrr....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

PLUS @ $50

PLUS @ $60

PREMIER @ $75

PREMIER @ $80

This is how it displays in Polar

image.png.12c08f1e1732fcb55309f89ab59ccd19.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Nah, the Polar lady (when not being interrupted and talked over by  Carmen) did say that the new perks are not yet in Polar - easy to miss it though as Carmen was so loud. Lol. I have no idea what packages are still in play (likely neither does Princess) - the codes I listed are all the ones provided to agents and the ones I use to add/upgrade my clients. It's fast and easy - but only if you have the codes. I do have to wonder if the whole "if you paid the old price you won't get the perks" thing is actually just a way to grab as many folk as possible to get more money - in reality, will the onboard staff actually KNOW they don't have the "new" packages? I would love someone to test it out and report back!

Thanks again (and again) for your insight and contributions here.  I know what you mean about Carmen.  John was a lot easier to take.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

Thanks again (and again) for your insight and contributions here.  I know what you mean about Carmen.  John was a lot easier to take.

I must admit to watching far more NCL webinars now that John  has moved to them!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It's under Special Requests/Gifts in Polar, BUT the new amenities are not yet in Polar so not listed (don't shoot the messenger). However, you SHOULD be able to see the new perks listed in the app (at least I can with my short September sailing that has premiere).

ceilidh1 — is this the screen you mentioned?  I understand that it may be too soon after purchasing Plus-60, but this shows my old Plus-50, yet some but not all of the new perks?? And you are right… the app shows the new Plus except for room service?? (Also not sure why they are all listed as “Compliments of Princess Cruises as I purchased the Plus fare vs the standard fare?? This is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!! 🤪

IMG_4634.jpeg

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

image.png.12c08f1e1732fcb55309f89ab59ccd19.png

That is the screen I was thinking of a few posts back when suggesting a poster could try and get a PCL rep to take a screen print and email to them as they were concerned if they really, truly, had what the person was telling them.  (And it is hard to blame guests for being uncertain with all the messed up data issues that happen in some bookings - at least from the App perspective which is the guest view or window into POLAR records).

• Like 1

My sister and I received this exact email from Princess today.  
We have a cruise coming up in early Feb.  We are signed up for

Princess Plus.  But tonight we were discussing the email and we

were both wondering if they are still giving perks for being Platinum

or Elite? We are Platinum and have been for several years now. And have

enjoyed Priority Boarding and free WIFI on past cruises.. Is there any 

incentive now to reach Elite?  Or has Princess Plus and Princess Premier

replaced Platinum and Elite??

36 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

In the email, click on Learn More. It takes you to the website. Scroll down to FAQs. It's right there.

Well I have looked all over the FAQ and that statement that ocean now means delivery anywhere on ship even to stateroom and I don’t see it anymore.  @ ceilidh1 where do you see this ? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lesharona said:

My sister and I received this exact email from Princess today.  
We have a cruise coming up in early Feb.  We are signed up for

Princess Plus.  But tonight we were discussing the email and we

were both wondering if they are still giving perks for being Platinum

or Elite? We are Platinum and have been for several years now. And have

enjoyed Priority Boarding and free WIFI on past cruises.. Is there any 

incentive now to reach Elite?  Or has Princess Plus and Princess Premier

replaced Platinum and Elite??

It looks like you have not been sailing Princess for some time.  

You can read all about Platinum and Elite benefits on Princess.com under the Captain's Circle pages.  There is a download PDF with the details.  There have been some changes and additions. 

Free Internet (you called it Wifi) has been gone for a long time now.  Internet access is sold by the voyage or by the day.  It is unlimited.  Platinum and Elite can purchase for 50% off the rates.  It is included in the Plus and Premier cruise fare packages.

No, Plus and Premier have nothing to do with Captain's Circle member levels.

28 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Sorry — posted my pic before I saw you your pic!  So POLAR is what they see on their end… Still doesn’t explain why my pic shows they’ve added a few of the new perks but not all. At this point, I’ll sit back and let these goobers get their act together before I get completely wound up! Thanks to all for the suggestions and advice!😁

Edited by dixiejen

Just now, Steelers36 said:

Well, we know they aren't perfect, but do you have Premier $80 or $75?  If not the current one, they will be soliciting upgrading to the new $80 level.

Sure, that's the theory. It's a little like a video game--there are multiple levels you must complete to get what you want.

Level 1--Log in successfully.

Level 2--see what package you have now (mine was in my Travel Summary)

Level 3--read that you can upgrade from your current "PLUS compliments of <my TA--the bog box place WA)

Level 4--try to upgrade, which charges you for the whole package

Level 5--Try to empty cart, which can't be done

Level 6--Ask yourself 'Why did I even think this would work; I fall for it every time' and kick yourself for not just waiting and calling tomorrow.

Grrrrr....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Moxiefurball said:

Well I have looked all over the FAQ and that statement that ocean now means delivery anywhere on ship even to stateroom and I don’t see it anymore.  @ ceilidh1 where do you see this ? 

image.thumb.png.526aa42cee54abb984497ee5d1c1a499.pngNumber 4 in FAQs on this page: Plus & Premier Cruise Packages - Princess Cruises

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Sure, that's the theory. It's a little like a video game--there are multiple levels you must complete to get what you want.

Level 1--Log in successfully.

Level 2--see what package you have now (mine was in my Travel Summary)

Level 3--read that you can upgrade from your current "PLUS compliments of <my TA--the bog box place WA)

Level 4--try to upgrade, which charges you for the whole package

Level 5--Try to empty cart, which can't be done

Level 6--Ask yourself 'Why did I even think this would work; I fall for it every time' and kick yourself for not just waiting and calling tomorrow.

Grrrrr....

Yup.  I guess this is what they are doing to some of us now.  I deleted my post as I realized I already knew the answer.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Our email referenced our upcoming cruise on the Discovery.  No Vines on there so I am guessing that’s why it wasn’t specifically mentioned.

The information was geared towards the changes in dining I don’t anticipate there will be any change to the shipping of the Medallions, especially since they are testing sending them outside of the US.

Yea the "such as" is misleading.  We are on the Enchanted next year, and Salty Dog was not in my email.  But both vines, and Salty Dog are included:

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2023/07/princess-adds-casual-dining-exclusive-service-delivery-and-more-to-plus-and-premier-packages-with-no-price-increases.html

Question.

For the plus package, the 2 desserts per day, and the 2 fitness classes.   I assume that is per person, not per booking.  Since everything else on the list is per person (gratuity, drinks, etc).  But, they specifically call out the wifi as one device per person - that is the only item they specifically call out as per person.  

Note, I cant see me eating 2 special desserts per day anyway, but like to know.

Do not leave anything in your cart if you are past final payment,  Princess will cancel your booking for non payment.   

Good luck reaching someone that can fix this for you.  Some lady YouTuber was recording a session today (Monday) and mentioned that she was on hold with Princess…now going on 3.5 hours.

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

I got the email earlier today and like many of you was told my current PLUS doesn't include the new features but I could upgrade thru the personalizer.

Went to log in and it failed! (It has been doing this lately and I know the info is correct). OK, I used my booking number--that at least let me see the booking.

Went to Bev Packages, saw the total cost and thought but I already have the PLUS, so shouldn't it just be the difference? Figured I would try and upgrade, so clicked on that for both of us. Surprise, it said I owed $2k not just the difference (maybe a few hundred).

OK I thought, I'll just empty my cart and call tomorrow. Surprise--it wouldn't remove the packages from my cart 😮 At this point, I am so disgusted with the whole thing I just shut everything down. (But my cart still shows the 2 packages--grrrr).

I don't understand why Princess is so incompetent when it comes to this?? Emptying shopping carts is a well-understood, commonly used element of online shopping, not to mention logging in, which works sometimes but not others.

It makes me wonder if they have anyone working at Princess that can even find their butt with their hands, let alone code simple online tasks.

I guess I'll be on the phone tomorrow. Cruise isn't until November--it will probably take that long to get through 😄

• Like 1