Change in Ports

mcrcruiser

I highly doubt anyone here can answer this question, so perhaps you give your TA a call and have them look onto it?  Maui is not  concerned about cruise ships or tourism currently, and any port call on this island may not happen for quite some time.

• Like 6

HAL has used the Kahului port before when there was long-term work underway at Lahaina. It’s closer, by the way, if you are planning to experience a day on the beautiful Hana Road, one of the best shore excursions we ever took.

If you were only going on your cruise to sail into Lahaina, you should probably cancel before you are in the penalty phase; port calls are always subject to change, and no one will know for months.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

When  & how should  we hear from  HAL as to whether  they will use the Kahului Deep Sea port i the industrial side of Maui  in lieu  if the horrific fire at Lahania , Our cruise to Hawaii in Jan 30 ,2024 

I would expect that it will be a while until HAL figures out exactly how they will be handling visits to Maui. Local resources are dedicated currently to housing, feeding, and caring for the many homeless residents, and locating and identifying the missing. I personally find your query poorly timed and insensitive.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

When  & how should  we hear from  HAL as to whether  they will use the Kahului Deep Sea port i the industrial side of Maui  in lieu  if the horrific fire at Lahania , Our cruise to Hawaii in Jan 30 ,2024 

Too soon? Probably. Not to defend OP, but an observation. He/She articulated what many are thinking, not just saying. My wife and I had the same conversation a couple of days ago. I obviously did not post our conversation, but we did have it privately. We have a port stop scheduled for Maui in February. I really don't care if we stop in Maui or not, just want what's best for the residents there. Having been born in Hilo I am keenly aware of the push/pull of tourism, especially "saturation" tourism in Hawaii as well as other parts of the world. As the OP said, the situation is horrific and I hope we all do what we can to assist those impacted by it. I'm sure HA is weighing what works best for the people of Maui. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Brewgirl1 said:

Maybe they can tender into Kihei.

where we dock is all in the hands of Holland's head office in Seattle .We are waiting  to gear  .Customer service told us they will send out a e-ail to every one  .And we wait

• Haha 1