Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

29 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

We were talking about drinks and the ladies at the bar decide they want to try a duck shot/fart (depending on if you’re in icy strait or Juneau.) I had one at the saloon in Juneau last year.

IMG_3683.jpeg

What exactly is in that? It looks like a baby Guinness (tia Maria or Kahlua with a bailey’s head). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eileeshb said:

What exactly is in that? It looks like a baby Guinness (tia Maria or Kahlua with a bailey’s head). 

• ½ ounce (15 milliliters) Kahlua
  • ½ ounce (15 milliliters) Bailey's Irish Cream
  • ½ ounce (15 milliliters) Crown Royal
  • Like 5

Just now, MrsTocko said:

I’m just wondering if I can get that as part of the regular package or if it is a premium + drink?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrsTocko said:

And in this case those ladies don’t have the upgraded drink package so mahoneys is substituted for the Baileys 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, depplep said:

This isn't looking like football to me.

That looks like the sport 99% of the world calls football. But there are many sports that are called football …

soccer = football to the vast majority of the world’s population

Gaelic football = Irish version that shares a common ancestry with multiple other football variants 

caíd = precursor to Gaelic football, rugby, afl, nfl,… 

Aussie Rules football = Australian version of Gaelic football with enough commonalities that there are occasionally “compromise rules” games played between a national selection teams from Australia and Ireland.

Rugby Union football = rugby

Rugby League football = league

flag football = weird American version of tag rugby

NFL/ American football / gridiron = the unfittest football players in the world, supposedly professional elite players sucking down O2 from a tank after being on the pitch for 5 minutes and wearing more padding than every other version of football in the world. And only a single player in the entire squad ever actually puts boot to ball so really doesn’t justify the use of the term “foot”ball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Other than this morning’s wakeup bang, the room has been pretty quiet. On carnival door slamming is a big thing. I don’t know if it’s typical of NCL or just this ship but these doors don’t slam. I have a habit of stopping the door with my back foot. That allows me time to check to make sure I have everything and it keeps the door from slamming. But if I do decide to let it fly, the door doesn’t even shut all the way I have to go back and pull it tight.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

And in this case those ladies don’t have the upgraded drink package so mahoneys is substituted for the Baileys 

I had it at the Red Dog in Juneau…and was delicious…wondering if you can taste the difference between mahoneys and baileys?  I’m not a expert so I’m sure I would be happy with the mahoneys.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

I had it at the Red Dog in Juneau…and was delicious…wondering if you can taste the difference between mahoneys and baileys?  I’m not a expert so I’m sure I would be happy with the mahoneys.

Yeah that’s where I had it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

NFL/ American football / gridiron = the unfittest football players in the world, supposedly professional elite players sucking down O2 from a tank after being on the pitch for 5 minutes and wearing more padding than every other version of football in the world. And only a single player in the entire squad ever actually puts boot to ball so really doesn’t justify the use of the term “foot”ball. 

Best description of football ever!!! I'm so thankful NCL shows more real sports, such as soccer, onboard.

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Best description of football ever!!! I'm so thankful NCL shows more real sports, such as soccer, onboard.

Watch YouTube videos of soccer and rugby players reacting to football. They have a tremendous amount of respect for our football players. They don’t hit like that. In most cases they’re just pulling each other down.

• Like 4