For all questions regarding Explora

frogfish12

On 8/19/2023 at 2:17 PM, PaulMCO said:

Point 1 --  I highly doubt they will do the free ones to TA's in January.   They have already done the pre and first cruise full of TA's another set is on the Canadian cruises (my TA has a Penthouse cabin).   Yes they may sail 1/2 full, doubt at all they would cancel ports as these take time to set up.

Point 2 -- Sakura and Marble are the ones you need a reservation.   They open 60 days prior to sailing. Yes one advance per sailing.  Booking best by a phone call directly or through your TA.

As far as FB reviews and posts all of the ones so far are from TA's.  Some of the sites are sponsored by TA's.  So the likelyhood of an Objective review is ZERO.

I will be on October 3 from Quebec i certainly hope there will be regular cruisers on board and not just T A oh well it will be great no matter 

On 8/19/2023 at 4:51 PM, cruisr said:

There have been so many “shills” as in influencers and TAs posting on their IG stories and blogs and praising Explora to the sky that it makes me skeptical of the product.  I will give it a good 90 days of real guests reviews before I consider it.

Im.juat a regular cruiser and will post whike on October 3 sailing

• Like 1

Just now, nancygp said:

On my recent Odyssey cruise, the colonnade opened at 6:30 daily and the restaurant opened at 6:30 or 6;45

on my april ovation cruise, these restaurants opened at 7pm

nancy

On the Quest, for the past month, and Restaurant always opens from 7-9 with the Colonnade having the same hours.  The Restaurant does not get very full until around 8pm, although there is also a crowd that likes to dine at 7.

I recall the days when many mass market lines had 2nd sitting around 8:30, and it was the more popular of the two sittings.  These days it seems like many fellow Americans would eat dinner at 4pm if there was such an option 😋. A friend calls it the “early bird effect.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the topic of "all questions" - is there any reason I would not be able to board several hours after my listed boarding time. While in Iceland I'd prefer to be out touring rather than hanging out on the ship which will be there through the night. 

12 minutes ago, java spot said:

On the topic of "all questions" - is there any reason I would not be able to board several hours after my listed boarding time. While in Iceland I'd prefer to be out touring rather than hanging out on the ship which will be there through the night. 

What time is the official port documentation required to be submitted by the ship to the authorities? When is the lifeboat drill? It maybe that you need to board, then go back out again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisinMommas said:

What is served in Cafe Crema? Is that a place I should spend very little time or fly through fast?

Are they showing anything on the big screen that I saw pictured under the glass dome?

Do they play movies on television? We like to relax in our cabin and on our balcony. I might try the pool on this cruise. I had more questions but they have left my mind at the moment.😏

It’s basically a coffee house/ bistro. Nice place to sit and gaze outdoors while enjoying a beverage and biscuit. 

Yes, movies are on television. 

The big screen is in the Conservatory, home of one of the 5 pools. I just conferred with the diners at the next table over who’ve been on longer than me. Consensus, no, or at least not yet. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Im.juat a regular cruiser and will post whike on October 3 sailing

Look forward to your posts and the posts of those cruising earlier than you are.

Some of the shills/influencers have recently got quite nasty to anyone on FB who asks questions or highlights little bits that are not to their personal taste.  Clearly only fawning posts about the Ocean of Wellness are allowed which is really unhealthy for Explora. 

Lovely to see the more balanced focus here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

If you are already on board you may be ashore until minutes before sailing although I do not recommend it. 

Most ships have all-aboard times that are about 30 minutes before sailing.   And gangways are often pulled up some time before the ship actually shoves off.

28 minutes ago, Wallys_World said:

Thanks @TER777 for the great information. Another question: Any thoughts on how "elegant resort casual" dress is being interpreted, especially at night? 

Hmm. All over the place, from too casual to too dressy I’d say, but probably more at the too casual end. I’d say, wear what you would if you were going out to a rather nice restaurant at home, or a somewhat elegant party. Sorry, I can’t provide a  more helpful answer. Most people do make an effort. 

During the day, people wear clothes. Correction. Some wear bathrobes going to and fro the spa for example. 

Edited by TER777
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, TER777 said:

I asked. Room service only delivers food to your suite.

During MarketPlace hours, the pool area deck stewards can get food for you from MP. Note, I asked this question at the pool just outside the restaurant. I don’t know that it applies to pools further away- I would guess not. 

Thank you! Very helpful. 

53 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Is there any kind of Lido deck type grill, such as they have on Crystal, Seabourn and Oceania?

Sometimes, a quick sandwich is just what you need.

Emporium MarketPlace grills burgers etc during lunch and dinner hours. 

I think many of the times set at present on Explora for dining are quite "Italian/Greek" eg later start to dining, clear gaps in dining offerings so the mid afternoon nosh is more in the cakes and ice cream vein than is seen elsewhere in the world.  They work fine for me

15 hours ago, TER777 said:

Correction. Some wear bathrobes going to and fro the spa for example. 

Doesn’t the Wellness Center have lockers, showers and changing areas?  I have never understood the behavior of going around the ship in a bathrobe. Even reasonable coverup/shorts can be worn for going to pool areas.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

Doesn’t the Wellness Center have lockers, showers and changing areas?  I have never understood the behavior of going around the ship in a bathrobe. Even reasonable coverup/shorts can be worn for going to pool areas.

The ship is in the Nordic Seas. Even on mainstream MSC you'll see several people, especially ladies coming on a bathrobe round the ship in between spa massage appointments and other spa activities. People on that area of the globe have such a different more direct relation with nature that they see as natural on those activities. My best bet: Same on Explora.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, uktog said:

I think many of the times set at present on Explora for dining are quite "Italian/Greek" eg later start to dining, clear gaps in dining offerings so the mid afternoon nosh is more in the cakes and ice cream vein than is seen elsewhere in the world.  They work fine for me

That's it. They will adjust as the demographics adjust when the ship goes US based or elsewhere. The same they already do with mainstream MSC.

• Like 1