Response from Princess to email re changes

rosevew

15 minutes ago, rosevew said:

IDK why you disbelieve it. Clearly issued by Princess so why would they issue it if not what they were offering. Third party website is as likely to be as reliable as the official Princess one, I'd say.

I asked the other poster several times if their posts were from an actual ship restaurant.  They finally confirmed they were obtained from a non-verified source.  Clearly not the final menus.  I believe actual guest reports from actual Princess ships.  Those were clearly draft menus and Princess made some changes for the actual roll-out.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Fine.  But I read reports of actual menus and there was a photo in one case.  This is from the restaurant and not the OceanNow screen shot.  

This is from sapphire today 

IMG_8792.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I give up.  I asked you several times if your posts were from an actual ship restaurant.  You finally confirned they were obtained from a non-verified source.  Clearly not the final menus.  I turn the mirror back on you and ask why you do not believe actual guest reports from actual Princess ships?

I beg to differ - you were asking somebody else, not me. Suggest you check your past posts.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

I know.  But @rosevew seems to want to believe some non-Princess website and not actual evidence from a Princess ship!  Mind boggling.  Thanks for posting.

I suggest you check your facts here - it was another person who your were harassing to prove source of their information

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rosevew said:

I suggest you check your facts here - it was another person who your were harassing to prove source of their information

My apologies.  The page had changed and I forgot you weren't the original person when you asked me why I disbelieved a 3rd party website not affiliated with Princess.  I corrected my post and will adjust the other one. 

Sorry, but I don't see it as harassing.  I was asking the poster if the menus were from an actual ship because they looked a lot like screenshots from the draft PDF menus.  They never responded to that until finally indicating they came from an unofficial source. 

I was well aware of reports from ships on the pizza and it was all in effort to make sure we have the most accurate and up-to-date info in posts.  There is often rumor, conjecture and misinformation that gets people upset and so forth.  Just wanted to make sure the info was either incorrect or correct.  No point in having people think pizza's are $12 when they are $8.50.

Edited by Steelers36

22 hours ago, SCX22 said:

At this point, it's only Princess' feelings that matters.  Already being done whether you like it or not or agree/disagree with implantation. Take it or leave it.  If you cancel, you're out money, so just take it.

Well of course but that still doesn't make it right and our next cruise we will probably "leave it".
Thanks for the great advice.

Edited by suzyed

10 minutes ago, rosevew said:

I hope that my post #457 and corrections to #451 leave us in a good place.  I will endeavor in future to make sure I am responding to the correct poster.

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

My apologies.  The page had changed and I forgot you weren't the original person when you asked me why I disbelieved a 3rd party website not affiliated with Princess.  I corrected my post and will adjust the other one. 

Sorry, but I don't see it as harassing.  I was asking the poster if the menus were from an actual ship because they looked a lot like screenshots from the draft PDF menus.  They never responded to that until finally indicating they came from an unofficial source. 

I was well aware of reports from ships on the pizza and it was all in effort to make sure we have the most accurate and up-to-date info in posts.  There is often rumor, conjecture and misinformation that gets people upset and so forth.  Just wanted to make sure the info was either incorrect or correct.  No point in having people think pizza's are $12 when they are $8.50.

I'm not online all day long, and missed your comment. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

Umm, I got those from this website. 😳  

There were menus supplied to TAs (I posted them on here when they were available) when the changes were announced. It seems that between that time and the changeover going live on the ships, some pricing has changed. Interestingly, the menus with the old pricing are still on the TA site...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I hope that my post #457 and corrections to #451 leave us in a good place.  I will endeavor in future to make sure I am responding to the correct poster.

Satisfied, thank you. Not sure how this thread that I started with the response I got from Guest Relations has become so caught up in specific menus. Maybe we need a thread just for official menu screenshots from the various ships

• Like 1

Just now, ceilidh1 said:

There were menus supplied to TAs (I posted them on here when they were available) when the changes were announced. It seems that between that time and the changeover going live on the ships, some pricing has changed. Interestingly, the menus with the old pricing are still on the TA site...

Is the TA site affiliated with Princess?

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Umm, I got those from this website. 😳  

Yes, they were posted as PDF's back in July here in Princess Forum and also ended up on that other website.  But they were draft menu's and we have actual real menu's and reports from guests on ships this month.  Sorry when I made the correction I was still not aware of your source and was trying to confirm it because I believed they were the draft menu pages you had posted and wanted to clarify if from a ship so we could know the correct pricing.

So, pizza's ended up to be $8.50 and not the $12 price point in  the draft menus. 

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Of course.  To be expected as we all know how great PCL is at keeping up documentation.

32 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I asked the other poster several times if their posts were from an actual ship restaurant.  They finally confirmed they were obtained from a non-verified source.  Clearly not the final menus.  I believe actual guest reports from actual Princess ships.  Those were clearly draft menus and Princess made some changes for the actual roll-out.

You asked me once, which I missed. The second time I answered your question. Please stop with harassing me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Is the TA site affiliated with Princess?

Yes, it is OneSource and intended for TAs to use for access to booking and other marketing information.  Princess released draft menus and not the final ones it appears.

Edited by Steelers36

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It's the Princess site that only TAs can access, so yes...

Wow. Thanks so much for not putting an apostrophe in "TAs". I don't know why people don't understand the difference between "plural" and "possessive". I see it all the time with misplaced apostrophes in "menus". You give me hope...

Note: I won't be surprised if this post vanishes.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Wow. Thanks so much for not putting an apostrophe in "TAs". I don't know why people don't understand the difference between "plural" and "possessive". I see it all the time with misplaced apostrophes in "menus". You give me hope...

Note: I won't be surprised if this post vanishes.

Thanks.  I was able to correct my recent post and will try to remember this.  I may not do it all the time, but I probably do it a lot.  You are correct.

14 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

You asked me once, which I missed. The second time I answered your question. Please stop with harassing me.

Okay.  I think we resolved this.  Won't get into reciting posts, but it took a couple more as you thought I had seen Ocean Now menu for the $8.50.  Anyway, it's all good if you did miss something as everyone knows the situation now on the ships.  I'm just all about getting the correct information. 

On 8/20/2023 at 11:42 AM, ldtr said:

I have  seen where each person will order a different pizza each eating a couple of slices leaving most uneaten. I have wondered about the amount of food waste there.

The amount of food waste makes me sick. Many order more than one entree or desert just so they can take one bit out of it. Some vloggers order virtually everything on the menu and I am sure they send most of it back...no one could eat that much. I often wonder what the crew( many of whom come from places in the world where not everyone has enough food ) think.?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

The amount of food waste makes me sick. Many order more than one entree or desert just so they can take one bit out of it. Some vloggers order virtually everything on the menu and I am sure they send most of it back...no one could eat that much. I often wonder what the crew( many of whom come from places in the world where not everyone has enough food ) think.?

Totally agree. We were quite pleased when Princess removed those huge platters from the buffet. We always saw people pile them up with vast amounts of food and then we would see the half-full (or more) platters sitting at the empty table after the people left. It was disgusting. As for the pizza... my wife and I always split a pizza at Alfredo's as that is pretty much the perfect amount for the two of us. Often we end up sharing the last piece as neither of us "needs" the entire slice. It's no wonder people say the portions in MDR seem to be smaller these days. It's perfectly understandable and they are still throwing out a ton of food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Also on sapphire (not sure if it was this thread but there were questions about upgrading onboard and coffee in buffet)

IMG_8775.jpeg

IMG_8776.jpeg

IMG_8778.jpeg

IMG_8779.jpeg

IMG_8781.jpeg

IMG_8782.jpeg

IMG_8791.jpeg

there is an attendant at this table  ....right ?

• Haha 1