The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 21st, 2023

richwmn

Good evening.  We are currently having a thunderstorm but doesn’t sound like a lot of rain yet. Spent all morning and the early afternoon with DM at a retina appointment and then lunch. The appointment took over two hours. 

I love making sheet pan nachos. It’s great for using up leftovers. I might save some carnitas for some soon. 

I retrieved my only picture from Avalon. 

I have been to Avalon, Catalina twice. Most recently this past October on the Koningsdam, Jane @lazey1, Maxine & DH @AncientWanderer, Linda @lindalerwere also on that cruise. Linda arranged for Seth Wayne to join our M&G, he was very entertaining and has quite a history with cruising. (Sad he’s no longer with HAL.). Wejust walked around the waterfront area and had lunch. Itwas a very enjoyable day. I went to look at the pictures Itook and Craig must have taken them because I only have our food. 
Calamari and Sand Dabs. 

E7D24E05-B0AE-4EAF-87C1-9547E586E747.thumb.jpeg.72b0f80d6afd96ddafb471ae8ed6a21d.jpeg

Have a great evening!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning from a wet SoakCal. It’s looking like the mountains are deserts got a beating. They are expected to get more flooding as water seeks its lowest point.

@Nickelpenny

From KCAL:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tropical-storm-hilary-southern-california-nevada-rain-flooding/

Hilary was the first tropical storm to hit Southern California in 84 years.

It dumped more than half the average annual rain on some desert and mountain areas, including Palm Springs, which saw nearly 3 inches of rain by Sunday evening. Tens of thousands of people across Southern California had no power due to the storm and Palm Springs lost 911 service Sunday night, CBS News Los Angeles reported. The station said Hilary's outskirts were still lingering over greater Los Angeles and battering some regions with heavy rain early Monday morning.”

Parks, schools and beaches are closed in many communities across the south land.”

Have a safe day everyone.

IMG_1760.png

I completely missed any of the remnants, thank goodness, and had a very nice drive.  Thank you for the link (I didn't see it until now).  ❤️

• Like 4