Riviera Category B3 Closet Question

Lane412000

We are booked into a category B3 for b2b in Asia (23 days total). Last night while viewing videos of the cabin we noticed the small size of the closet.  If you have done a cruise more than 14 days in a B3 was the closet size an issue for you?

Just an fyi... The As and Bs are the same on Riviera, just different locations fore and aft and by deck. The As give you the "concierge" benefits, including access to the concierge lounge and the spa therapy pool and deck. So, closets aren't much of a differing issue for G-A cabins. They just are what they are. I found our A4 cabin closet to be find on Riviera 12/2021. We both keep our folded suitcases under the bed and slid them out to access things we don't need in the closets. And wife has a shoe-rack hanger.

2 hours ago, Lane412000 said:

We are booked into a category B3 for b2b in Asia (23 days total). Last night while viewing videos of the cabin we noticed the small size of the closet.  If you have done a cruise more than 14 days in a B3 was the closet size an issue for you?

We  do not take a lot of clothes  with us  & having the drawers in the night stands is helpful for folded items

The hanging space is  limited but  we double hang things   clip the  slacks on the hanger & shirt over it   so it takes a bit less space

laundry room  is a blessing & I do not mind  going there  then I can pack less

We did not find it an issue

2 hours ago, Lane412000 said:

If concerned with the size being adequate, perhaps consider throwing a set or two of collapsible hangars in your luggage.  They are lightweight and take up little room but gets you more space in the closet. 

13 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

If concerned with the size being adequate, perhaps consider throwing a set or two of collapsible hangars in your luggage.  They are lightweight and take up little room but gets you more space in the closet. 

And if you choose to do this have your room attendant remove the bulky wooden ones.

On a recent 35 night cruise, I was really proactive about our closet space. I packed velvet hangars (two were multi-pants type), and a dozen "space triangles" to cascade the hangars.  Very effective and space saving.

• Like 1

I have never been on any Oceania ship in any category that the closet and storage areas were too small. We can travel anywhere for any number of days with 2 29" suitcases, 2 carry ons and 2 personal item/backpacks. All of this can easily be rolled by us and easily fits in any of the Oceania room storage areas. There are free laundries onboard. Packing and traveling is an art, the more we do it the better we get at it. 

This is really a non-issue, but if it is an issue for you due to your personal style or preferences then you might consider moving up to a PH or higher room. 

• Like 1

We've been on two 20 day cruises this year on the Riviera. Closet space is not an issue. There are also lots of drawers.  And as said before, we kept our suitcases unfolded under the bed.

• Like 1