Deluxe beverage package

2 hours ago, RumRunner01 said:

I'm seeing a Labor Day Early Access Sale for DBV for "Buy One Get One Free" for my Wonder April sailing. On home page of my cruise planner it said "Up to 40% off Beverage Packages" but when I price out DBV it's the BOGO offer. I'll probably buy it to be safe since it seems prices are continually increasing.

Those are the same prices I was seeing on August 15.  From my point of view, this "sale" is just rolling back the price increase.  😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valen9 said:

Those are the same prices I was seeing on August 15.  From my point of view, this "sale" is just rolling back the price increase. 

Ah, I see. I didn't book our cruise until a couple days ago so I hadn't seen the pricing that you saw earlier in August.

17 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah nothing to see on this sale... It's been a while since I've seen anything worthy of getting excited about.

It's the lowest price I've seen since booking my Icon cruise last year. Granted, the Icon price was grossly inflated, at $92pppd. It's down to $86, and right at my upper limit. Might have to do it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hutcha said:

It's the lowest price I've seen since booking my Icon cruise last year. Granted, the Icon price was grossly inflated, at $92pppd. It's down to $86, and right at my upper limit. Might have to do it.

I'm going to book it for our Wonder sailing.

8 hours ago, Hutcha said:

At that price range I’m content to live with my diamond drinks and pay cash for the balance. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chriscec2012 said:

Was about to purchase the DBP for our allure cruise coming up in October from Galveston. Am I correct in thinking the package is not active the first day or atleast later the first night when you’re out to sea? 

No this isn’t true. It is active from the moment you walk on the ship. There will be limited brands while in port be cause of Texas tax laws but you can get anything you wAnt if you aren’t fussy about brands. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, chriscec2012 said:

Was about to purchase the DBP for our allure cruise coming up in October from Galveston. Am I correct in thinking the package is not active the first day or atleast later the first night when you’re out to sea? 

No, but from what I understand, due to Texas liquor tax laws, selections can be limited until you enter international waters. It does not affect whether the DBP is active or not. The limitations in selections affect everyone, not just packages. We will find out how limited in 11 days.

• Like 1

I booked via the app - the price seemed to jump around quite a lot. 

I managed to get it for £308 for a week (£44 per day). 

You can reserve via the app, keep checking and then cancel and rebook if the price gets cheaper. 

drinks package.PNG

• Like 1

I've done that on my last few cruises but the most recent I went back to the DBP.  It was just me and three grand kids so I was able to buy it for just me since DW wasn't coming and I used my diamond drinks for treats for the two girls. Besides that, they mostly drank water..  The boy got the RP. We have another family cruise coming up in Dec but this time it will be DW, the GK's and their parents so a total of 7 of us.  I'll have to evaluate how to get best value.

On 8/30/2023 at 7:34 PM, chriscec2012 said:

That's carnival. Carnival had so many people waiting to purchase the 2nd day to save one days worth of paying for the pkg who didnt want to pay a full day they changed to start day 2. Carnival cruisers are brain washed now who don't remember it wasnt always like that they think its texas. As if texas cares if you use a drink package. I read carnival cruisers all the time blithely saying texas doesnt allow packages. 

Carnival just doesnt want to do what rcl does with using texas liquor while in texas waters. I did see some brand of beer available only in texas waters though someone posted to drink up, cant get it later. 

• Thanks 1

We will be sailing on the Allure out of Port Canaveral this winter.  It’s a 3 day so we were not planning on getting the DBP because it seems ridiculous for us.  I was looking at the refreshment package though because i love fancy tea, coffee drinks and my husband likes shakes.  When I went to add that to my cart today, it didn’t require me to buy it for both.  Is that because it is not the deluxe beverage package?

2 minutes ago, brewcrew said:

We will be sailing on the Allure out of Port Canaveral this winter.  It’s a 3 day so we were not planning on getting the DBP because it seems ridiculous for us.  I was looking at the refreshment package though because i love fancy tea, coffee drinks and my husband likes shakes.  When I went to add that to my cart today, it didn’t require me to buy it for both.  Is that because it is not the deluxe beverage package?

Yes, only the deluxe alcoholic package requires all those over 21 in a room to order. All other packages do not.

• Thanks 1

We choose to buy the drink package for the convenience and variety even tho we know not breaking even.  If we see a drink that sounds good but then don’t like it just get something else.  And don’t have to constantly pull out the sea pass card, wait to get it back, sign etc.  We cruise about once a year so just factor it into overall cost of the vacation.  But it’s just personal choice.

18 hours ago, zinman said:

We choose to buy the drink package for the convenience and variety even tho we know not breaking even.  If we see a drink that sounds good but then don’t like it just get something else.  And don’t have to constantly pull out the sea pass card, wait to get it back, sign etc.  We cruise about once a year so just factor it into overall cost of the vacation.  But it’s just personal choice.

How do you show you have the drink package then? Don't you still have to use your sign and sail card?