Simply more discount on excursions

daydreamer62

I have another question. It's highly unlikely that we will book the minimum 7 excursions on our cruise to get the SM discounted price, but the friends who are joining us on our cruise are complete newbies to European travel let alone cruising so they may want to do more. In order to get the discounted price so they need to book them all at once?

I'm traveling alone, and have $1000 excursion credit, so thought I would book some and can cancel if I meet some people onboard (roll call very quiet). I booked 7 and the discount wasn't taken off, so I called. They fixed it, although there was no explanation of why it didn't come off automatically. 

22 minutes ago, calvin81 said:

I'm traveling alone, and have $1000 excursion credit, so thought I would book some and can cancel if I meet some people onboard (roll call very quiet). I booked 7 and the discount wasn't taken off, so I called. They fixed it, although there was no explanation of why it didn't come off automatically. 

It's a problem with the cart. Unless you do them all at once you don't get the discount. Say if your target is 6, and you do 4 today, then tomorrow do 2 more you're not getting the discount, although you should. Wanna know how I know? The hard way. I have to get it fixed Monday. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, calvin81 said:

Well that's frustrating! Do you know if you need to pay immediately on booking if you go over the credit amount 

1 minute ago, ORV said:

It's a problem with the cart. Unless you do them all at once you don't get the discount. Say if your target is 6, and you do 4 today, then tomorrow do 2 more you're not getting the discount, although you should. Wanna know how I know? The hard way. I have to get it fixed Monday. 

Frustrating to say the least!

I did them at the same time and still no discount. There is also no cancellation option. An excursion wasn't available one day at a port we're at for 2 days. I had to call to cancel another excursion to switch days. 

2 hours ago, daydreamer62 said:

I have another question. It's highly unlikely that we will book the minimum 7 excursions on our cruise to get the SM discounted price, but the friends who are joining us on our cruise are complete newbies to European travel let alone cruising so they may want to do more. In order to get the discounted price so they need to book them all at once?

No, but the excursion cart is problematic, especially if you don't book them all at once. Your friend should have their TA or an O rep book them to make sure the discount is properly applied.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, daydreamer62 said:

Do you know if you need to pay immediately on booking if you go over the credit amount 

Yes, if you want it to be booked.  Just sitting in the cart won't hold them for you.

It seems like the website isn't optimal. We booked with the simply more package and were told it would be $US 30 to upgrade to the prestige drinks package. Originally I saw that option to book online but that's now gone and strangely it's offering the package we already have included as an option to purchase and the full prestige package at the full price as if we don't have a package included. Very confusing for a newbie to Oceania. I'm assuming their software developers are well behind their marketing people and haven't implemented the necessary changes for the new systems . I'll just do everything through the Oceania rep .. glad I decided to use her and not book online!! 

34 minutes ago, daydreamer62 said:

It seems like the website isn't optimal. We booked with the simply more package and were told it would be $US 30 to upgrade to the prestige drinks package. Originally I saw that option to book online but that's now gone and strangely it's offering the package we already have included as an option to purchase and the full prestige package at the full price as if we don't have a package included. Very confusing for a newbie to Oceania. I'm assuming their software developers are well behind their marketing people and haven't implemented the necessary changes for the new systems . I'll just do everything through the Oceania rep .. glad I decided to use her and not book online!! 

The transition from the old OLife model to the new SM model has not be fully implemented in the booking engine.  Maybe tonight's upgrade will help, but as long as both models operate concurrently, there will be confusing issues.

4 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

The transition from the old OLife model to the new SM model has not be fully implemented in the booking engine.  Maybe tonight's upgrade will help, but as long as both models operate concurrently, there will be confusing issues.

Agree.   Just call, it will save you much frustration.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, daydreamer62 said:

The beverage package is  a whole other story

I do  not think you can upgrade before  the cruise

at least with O Life you could not

Just go to reception & get them to do the upgrade  they will give you a new card also

There is going to be some glitches  between now  & when all those that booked under the O Life   option is  finished

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Just go to reception & get them to do the upgrade  they will give you a new card also

There is going to be some glitches  between now  & when all those that booked under the O Life   option is  finished

That will also spread out the payments a bit more too! 

2 hours ago, calvin81 said:

If, between your allotted tour SBC on new SM fares or old O Life tour allotment, you have enough total tours purchased to get the 25% discount on your out-of-pocket cost (historically referred to as YWYW), know that, once you’re on the ship, you cannot cancel tours in that “package.”

Even if I still have over the number needed for the 25% discount? I know you can't get credit back if it's too close to the date of the excursion. Traveling alone with $1000 credit I have excursions daily and still haven't reached the $1000 anyway. I just worry I won't enjoy excursions with a large number of people. I used to travel with my daughter and we did almost everything independently. Although I feel that was easier in Europe; this cruise is in Asia.

3 minutes ago, calvin81 said:

Even if I still have over the number needed for the 25% discount? I know you can't get credit back if it's too close to the date of the excursion. Traveling alone with $1000 credit I have excursions daily and still haven't reached the $1000 anyway. I just worry I won't enjoy excursions with a large number of people. I used to travel with my daughter and we did almost everything independently. Although I feel that was easier in Europe; this cruise is in Asia.

You’ll see it on your tour tix: “Package” tours are non-refundable (unless O cancels them (in which case you get a refund or replace the canceled ones)).

As for the group tours, just avoid the ones that say “panoramic.” They’re sightseeing bus tours. There are plenty of small group tours at O - particularly the more active ones like hiking.

16 hours ago, LHT28 said:

They've recently changed it to where you can upgrade online before the cruise, when it works. As we know the weekends are not the best time to try to do anything on their website. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ORV said:

They've recently changed it to where you can upgrade online before the cruise, when it works. As we know the weekends are not the best time to try to do anything on their website. 

I just checked post this weekend update.   I have simply more, including the "select" package.  The options are purchasing the select package I already have or purchasing the prestige package, not upgrading it.  

So, it still needs work.  If I choose to upgrade, I'll do it onboard.