"LIVE" from the Century / 03-19-06

Radio

We are approaching Cozumel at his time. We should be at anchor by 10AM. We had to turn our clocks back 1 hour last night (It is now 830AM)

I will try to get some photos of the new cabins when we disembark on Sunday. I will also try to get some jpeg's from my DSM while at our last mtg on Saturday.

No pics for now, the uploads take alot of time and are using up my pkg very quickly...I will try to post more pics this evening.

Thanks for all of the great comments....

Radio

Hello everyone! Today was a great day in Cozumel…We were able to debark at about 10:30AM. The Century used 2 very large tenders for all passengers (250 pax each).

This was much better than using the lifeboats as tenders as we did with Grand Cayman. The weather was very sunny and very hot. The piers are still not open for Cruise Ship docking…the expected opening date for 2 of the 4 piers is Jan 2007. I walked around for about 4 hours after shopping, internet café, and a great lunch. When I came back to the ship, I was able to use the Pool, Whirlpool, and T Pool. It was very nice.

Last night was the best show of the week, “A Touch of Broadway” The singers were very good, and were very entertaining. Tonight was a Comedian/Magician “Bob Brizendine”, he was very good also…he had the crowd in stitches ! !

Celebrity just sent a Cabin Coupon for the “Laundry Bag Challenge” You can stuff as much laundry into the laundry bag and have it cleaned for only $25. This good for Costa Maya day only….. I think a lot of people will take them up on that.

Tomorrow is Costa Maya Day….We should be docked by 7AM. There should be 2 Carnival Ships with us at Costa Maya. It will be our last port for this cruise, with Saturday being a day at sea.

Radio

Welcome to Cozumel

56799702-ce99-01E00280-.jpg

Tender Debark

56799701-f207-028001E0-.jpg

Century viewed from Cozumel

56799632-3895-028001E0-.jpg

Century in Cozumel

56799630-3b21-028001E0-.jpg

Here are a few more pics from today....

Thanks for tuning in ;)

Radio

;)

Images on Deck 7

56799699-fdc6-028001E0-.jpg

Sushi Bar in the Islands Cafe on deck 11

56799700-df8d-028001E0-.jpg

Grand Foyer on Deck 5

56799633-b6a1-01E00280-.jpg

Hi Radio !

Thanks for the great photos. I am going to miss Images. I believe the plans are for it to be a Martini Bar after the refurbishment. I know most are in favor of that, but I wish they would have made it a Martini / Sports Bar (With New TV's) instead of a Martini Bar by itself.

When I asked what was going to happen to all the TV screens at Images (which several do not work anyway), I was told they were being removed.

While I am a little disappointed, I am sure whatever celebrity has planned, it will work out fine.

Hi Char !

Thanks for the photo, but I have to wonder if that photo is a mock up or computer image of some kind, as it is definately not cabin 8130 on Century.

For starters, 8130's bedding and carpet did not look like what was in the photo. When I saw 8130 (which is the only cabin with the balcony), the entire cabin was set up in reverse, so I am wondering how this photo was taken ? Perhaps they used digtial effects to change things around.

As you can see in the photo, the TV sticks out of the wall, and believe me, there is very little room to pass by. I am concerned that passengers will be banging into it quite a bit. Hopefully, they can get another model TV that may not stick out as much as the TV I saw. Perhaps they can make some minor changes, so there will be more room to pass, not like it was in Cabin 8130.

The bathroom photo looked exactly like what I saw in Cabin 8130.

I thought I would share what I actually saw.

Hi Radio !

Thanks for the great photos. I am going to miss Images. I believe the plans are for it to be a Martini Bar after the refurbishment. I know most are in favor of that, but I wish they would have made it a Martini / Sports Bar (With New TV's) instead of a Martini Bar by -SNIP-

Hi Andy...I am with you...When Images was new, it was a Sports Bar, with many PS2 games built into the table. Now it is really a Marini Bar....with all the different Martini´s available. There is still sports on TV, but only disco and dance music playing. It is a great WiFi area though....a great connection !!

We have arrived in Costa Maya. We are with Carinval Miracle and Valor. I Am posting this at the internet cafe, an am unable to post photos.(I am using a thumb drive) I will check another place later. Today will be a beach day.... and maybe some shopping.

I will still try to get some pics of the new balcony cabin...if possible.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;) ;)

Where did you tender into in Cozumel?

We tendered into the downtown dock.....I was on Jewel of the Seas in January and we tendered to the International Pier...

Radio

Radio-thanks so much for the great thread-Century is one of our favourites - we have sailed her three times - some good friends of ours are aboard with you - wonderful pics - we just returned from MSC's Lirica - will look forward to sailing Century again after the refurb -

Melinda

Hi Char !

Thanks for the photo, but I have to wonder if that photo is a mock up or computer image of some kind, as it is definately not cabin 8130 on Century.

For starters, 8130's bedding and carpet did not look like what was in the photo. When I saw 8130 (which is the only cabin with the balcony), the entire cabin was set up in reverse, so I am wondering how this photo was taken ? Perhaps they used digtial effects to change things around.

As you can see in the photo, the TV sticks out of the wall, and believe me, there is very little room to pass by. I am concerned that passengers will be banging into it quite a bit. Hopefully, they can get another model TV that may not stick out as much as the TV I saw. Perhaps they can make some minor changes, so there will be more room to pass, not like it was in Cabin 8130.

The bathroom photo looked exactly like what I saw in Cabin 8130.

I thought I would share what I actually saw.

Andy:

The pictures Char posted were distributed a couple of months ago. They are Concierge Class. cabin 8130 is a 2a balcony cabin.

Considering the cabin sizes are the same, that TV is going to pose a problem!

I'll be among the first to whack into it for sure.

I don't care for the new sink. Had one similar in a recent hotel stay and it splashes water like crazy. A couple of years ago, they were all the rage in bathroom design, but they are now passe. The new rage in bathroom sinks and vanities, is using a drop sink in an antique dresser.

Ocngypz

Let us know what the weather is like in Ft Lauderdale and what it is going to be like on sunday.

Forecast right now for Sat and Sun is 70 with full sun. Not too terribly hot, but it sure beats RI weather. I'll post on Sat. Hopefully, the Sheraton's internet rates aren't prohibitive!

Ocngypz

Let us know what the weather is like in Ft Lauderdale and what it is going to be like on sunday.

I'm not Babette, but the answers are:

Today: Partly cloudy, with a high near 79. Breezy.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 73.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?CityName=Fort+Lauderdale&state=FL&site=MFL

:)

Theron

Hi Radio,

We're really enjoying your posts. We will be cruising the same route with Century on April 9. The photos of the Sandals resort in Mo Bay are gorgeous. Can you tell me if cruise passengers are able to use this beach and how far a trip it is from the cruise pier?

Thanks!

Andy:

The pictures Char posted were distributed a couple of months ago. They are Concierge Class. cabin 8130 is a 2a balcony cabin.

Considering the cabin sizes are the same, that TV is going to pose a problem!

I'll be among the first to whack into it for sure.

I don't care for the new sink. Had one similar in a recent hotel stay and it splashes water like crazy. A couple of years ago, they were all the rage in bathroom design, but they are now passe. The new rage in bathroom sinks and vanities, is using a drop sink in an antique dresser.

Hi Ocn !

I kind of liked the sink, but I suppose they picked a design that fit into and over what is there now, to make the upgrade work easier. The new sink looks higher now (and that is a good thing).

I hope someone took the TV dimensions into consideration. I do like the Flat Screen idea very much, and where they put it was good (opposite the bed), but I do think they need to look for a another model that is not as deep as the one I saw in cabin 8130.

Hi Radio,

We're really enjoying your posts. We will be cruising the same route with Century on April 9. The photos of the Sandals resort in Mo Bay are gorgeous. Can you tell me if cruise passengers are able to use this beach and how far a trip it is from the cruise pier?

Thanks!

Celebrity does not offer a day pass pkg. I would call them prior to leaving for the ship. The distance is about 5-6 miles. (20minutes)

I am sure you will love it....

Radio

Hello Everyone.......Today was a long day in Costa Maya….. I went to the shopping area for a while, then took a cab down to the fishing village. The cab driver was great. He informed us that the town of Mahuhaul has only 400 residents, 2 hotels, and one gas station. There is a Police Dept there, and a Mexican Marines Base. He also showed us the area of new development….where you can buy a new home for only 25K….WoW !

I had a great lunch there at the Palmas Beach Grill. I swam a little and just hung out for a while. I then took a cab back to the Costa Maya Port. I was told that the port will be increasing it’s capacity to 5 ships. (The current capacity is 3 ships max)

I watched the folklore show at the port, and used the internet café again… Then I just walked around and took some photos.

I came back to the ship at about 2. We should be leaving Costa Maya today at 4PM. Tomorrow will be a long relaxing day at sea.

Tonight will be the second Formal Night, and the Gala Grand Buffet will be tonight at 12:15AM. We have to set our clocks forward one hour tonight. I received an invite for the Backstage tour and Galley tour tomorrow. Tomorrow is my last day for classes… It is also the day to pack…We will be leaving on Sunday.

This has been a very good cruise…I will be excited to see all of the changes that will be happening.

Here are a few pics...I will try to post again before we arrive in FLL

Radio

First view of Casta Maya

56809313-4fcc-028001E0-.jpg

Wow this is a long Pier......

56809322-7424-01CB0280-.jpg

Costa Maya Port

56809309-cf40-028001E0-.jpg

56809272-7b4c-028001E0-.jpg

56809279-f5c5-028001E0-.jpg

This has been a most enjoyable thread with your daily notes and photos!

I am surprised that there was no one at the beach, did you take the pic very early before the crowds arrived, or ?? Is there a charge to use the loungers and facilities at the beach?

Thanks again!

Archived