Concierge Wifi Questions

lorimay

We're new to Regent but have cruised quite a bit. I got an offer from Regent to upgrade to from an F1 to an E (concierge) on our upcoming cruise on Grandeur for a really good price. I know it's a brand new ship so nobody knows what the internet is like yet and that basic wifi on the ship doesn't include streaming. My understanding of the concierge suites is that one of the perks is four logins/four devices instead of just one. Does it include streaming wifi? If not, does anyone know how much the upgrade to streaming is? We are heavy internet users and I always have to work while on vacation. 

Are there any other advantages to a concierge suite? We are within driving distance of the port so don't really need the pre-cruise hotel, although it would be nice.

Thanks for your input.

Check the location of the offered suite. Is it right under the pool deck? If you have motion sensitivity, is it low down and central enough to be comfortable? Those are the things I'd look at before "upgrading."

Same internet in all grades through out ship. Upgrade has been about $10 a day.  My DH used to work at times on the ship.  Sometimes regular internet was OK sometimes not. He paid for the up grade but it didn’t help much. All depended if it was a time when a lot of people were using the internet/ time of day and location of the ship. It is not like being at home.
The new ship is scheduled to have Starlink which is supposed to be an upgrade. Only time will tell.