Just got on Enchanted Princess for 7 day cruise September 2, 2023

dickinson

10 hours ago, wallyj said:

I try to keep a copy of the Day1 patter/event listing as it will show the itinerary and what days there will be any time changes AND the dress code/suggestion for that evening.

Guest services should be able to confirm if there was only one formal evening scheduled or the dining room managers as the dinner menus would be coordinated.

Normally Lobster is served for the second formal night. On my 16 day Hawaii sailing, in August on the Emerald, we had Lobster on the menu for the 2nd and 3rd formal nights.

I have been thinking W&G night is another option for formal.

Typical Princess lack of quality control. The beer listings in the menu have a glaring error. There is no such thing as "Lagunitas IPA Goose". The word "Goose" belongs with the item just below which should read "Goose Island Sofie". It boggles me that they can put out such shoddy work and nobody on the Princess staff seems to notice or care.

image.png.e080bc5cbecc5e6724a8069fd4c3b6c3.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, echoshipmate said:

Typical Princess, on Royal a month ago room steward handled it!

Doug

I have never bothered to swap out my mini bar but, with 6 setups, I think it may be time to start. Of course it will depend on what actually shows up. On one cruise they said there was no Courvoisier (or any other cognac) available. In fact, they substituted Heineken beer for about half of the mini bottles and cited "supply issues". My wife doesn't care for Heineken at all but I always think their slogan should be, "You always remember your first heine..." 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Typical Princess lack of quality control. The beer listings in the menu have a glaring error. There is no such thing as "Lagunitas IPA Goose". The word "Goose" belongs with the item just below which should read "Goose Island Sofie". It boggles me that they can put out such shoddy work and nobody on the Princess staff seems to notice or care.

image.png.e080bc5cbecc5e6724a8069fd4c3b6c3.png

If it's ship generated, many are low level ESL.

Edited by startedwithamouse

Yesterday was no Kotor day.  We did some trivia and ate.  Did some trivia again and ate.  See a theme?  Last night we celebrated our 50th anniversary.  It is actually a few days after we get off.  Apparently I had told them it was Monday but basically nothing happened.  We were told that the electronic boards by the elevators would say Happy Anniversary to us as we walked by.  Our waiter at dinner was supposed to give us a cake.  We went to guest services and changed it to last night.  We got the cake and a few waiters sang happy anniversary to us.  The guest services rep contacted someone who was trying to figure out why nothing showed up on the screen.  No idea if problem was solved because frankly I don't care 😉. After dinner we went to Crooners to hear AJ Clarke.  We listened to both his sets.  In between we could hear Xcite, the party band, downstairs in the Piazza.   They draw quite a crowd!

Today was Messina, Sicily.  We were supposed to be there around 1200 but because we missed Kotor we are having a full day.  A lot of tours (all?) were moved earlier.  Instead of being able to sleep in we had to be in Princess theater at 8:30.  We took a tour to Taormina.  At first it wasn't crowded but by 11:30 it was mobbed.  It is a quaint old town with a large Greek and Roman amphitheater and beautiful scenic views.  .  Our guide was ok.  She could speak English but with a heavy accent so it was hard to understand everything she said.  I admire anyone who can speak more than just one language.  

We went to World Fresh Marketplace for a light lunch.  Well, I had a light lunch but dh had a big meal.  Hope he is ready for dinner in  2.5 hours!  One thing I noticed on this ship is that in the World Fresh Marketplace the plates, bowls, etc are not the typical plastic but are actually breakable.  Did they change all the ships?

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2023 at 2:06 AM, dickinson said:

Last night was formal night. Todays Patter says Gold and White. The rest all say casual. Very deceptive as many people wanting to dress up probably brought two outfits. 

I hear ya. 

But we bring One nice outfit, and wear twice. 

Light packers.

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

Yesterday was no Kotor day.  We did some trivia and ate.  Did some trivia again and ate.  See a theme?  Last night we celebrated our 50th anniversary.  It is actually a few days after we get off.  Apparently I had told them it was Monday but basically nothing happened.  We were told that the electronic boards by the elevators would say Happy Anniversary to us as we walked by.  Our waiter at dinner was supposed to give us a cake.  We went to guest services and changed it to last night.  We got the cake and a few waiters sang happy anniversary to us.  The guest services rep contacted someone who was trying to figure out why nothing showed up on the screen.  No idea if problem was solved because frankly I don't care 😉. After dinner we went to Crooners to hear AJ Clarke.  We listened to both his sets.  In between we could hear Xcite, the party band, downstairs in the Piazza.   They draw quite a crowd!

Today was Messina, Sicily.  We were supposed to be there around 1200 but because we missed Kotor we are having a full day.  A lot of tours (all?) were moved earlier.  Instead of being able to sleep in we had to be in Princess theater at 8:30.  We took a tour to Taormina.  At first it wasn't crowded but by 11:30 it was mobbed.  It is a quaint old town with a large Greek and Roman amphitheater and beautiful scenic views.  .  Our guide was ok.  She could speak English but with a heavy accent so it was hard to understand everything she said.  I admire anyone who can speak more than just one language.  

We went to World Fresh Marketplace for a light lunch.  Well, I had a light lunch but dh had a big meal.  Hope he is ready for dinner in  2.5 hours!  One thing I noticed on this ship is that in the World Fresh Marketplace the plates, bowls, etc are not the typical plastic but are actually breakable.  Did they change all the ships?

For the boards to show your anniversary, you tap your medallion so that they acknowledge you. 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

For the boards to show your anniversary, you tap your medallion so that they acknowledge you. 🙂

We did but nothing happened. They even had some tech person come down. Funny thing though it worked today a day late !  I took a video standing two feet from the board and two women, without saying excuse me, walked right in front of me!  I had some words with her explaining what I was doing and she didn’t apologize. You can’t fix stupid!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dickinson said:

We did but nothing happened. They even had some tech person come down. Funny thing though it worked today a day late !  I took a video standing two feet from the board and two women, without saying excuse me, walked right in front of me!  I had some words with her explaining what I was doing and she didn’t apologize. You can’t fix stupid!

One also can't fix rude. It's sad there are so many rude people and there is really no reason to be rude. On our last cruise we were waiting for something to start in Explorer's and there was music being piped in. A Queen song started playing and I mentioned to another passenger that the guitar player - Brian May - actually has a PHD in Astrophysics. The woman looked at me like I was a slimy bug and said, "Hmmph! I guess some stupid people like that music." What a "wonderful" person she must be to make such a comment to a total stranger who had been smiling when speaking to her. 🙄

• Like 6

At 5 pm they announced that there was a folkloric show in the Theater. We went but it really didn’t hold our attention. On to dinner which was Italian night. Delicious.  We both had chicken parmigiana. For dessert I decided to try the Nee version of Love Boat dream.  I actually liked it. 

For entertainment we have been listening to AJ Clark in Crooners. He is on break now so am listening to Xcite. At will be back at 8:45 with Broadway tunes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

A Queen song started playing and I mentioned to another passenger that the guitar player - Brian May - actually has a PHD in Astrophysics. The woman looked at me like I was a slimy bug and said, "Hmmph! I guess some stupid people like that music."

Some people are just hateful, bitter people who find pleasure in making snotty comments or behaving rudely. Must give them a sense of power or something?? Thrak, I’m betting you were not rude back to her; ignoring these goobers is the best response, I suppose.  But —  I would have had to REALLY bite my tongue to not suggest that “Fat-Bottomed Girls” should be her theme song… (Whether her caboose fit the title or not!)

Btw… Queen is my absolute JAM, and Brian May IS a genius — both musically and academically. Shame she didn’t appreciate your cool music trivia!

Edited by dixiejen
Left out name
  • Like 4

On 9/5/2023 at 5:06 AM, dickinson said:

Last night was formal night. Todays Patter says Gold and White.

Just curious — Do you receive any info PRIOR to your cruise that indicates there will be certain color-specific evenings?? If not, what if no one packs gold and white?? Kinda blows their theme. I don’t recall ever getting prior notification of special theme or color nights, but then, we haven’t sailed on Princess yet. First Princess cruise is in January so now I need to know!🤪 Thanks!!

19 minutes ago, dixiejen said:

Some people are just hateful, bitter people who find pleasure in making snotty comments or behaving rudely. Must give them a sense of power or something?? I’m betting you were not rude back to her; ignoring these goobers is the best response, I suppose.  But —  I would have had to REALLY bite my tongue to not suggest that “Fat-Bottomed Girls” should be her theme song… (Whether her caboose fit the title or not!)

Btw… Queen is my absolute JAM, and Brian May IS a genius — both musically and academically. Shame she didn’t appreciate your cool music trivia!

No, I didn't respond to her. We just looked at each other kind of shocked at her rudeness and then went about enjoying our evening.

• Like 3

We stayed local in Messina yesterday and the weather was reasonable in the morning and rained late afternoon.  

We climbed the bell tower for €5pp where they do a noon "show" with the bells and Lion roar etc.   

Caught the Evening sailaway from Take Five bar which was lovely lit up at night

In Naples today and weather is lovely. 

20230906_115208.jpg

20230906_194728.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dixiejen said:

Just curious — Do you receive any info PRIOR to your cruise that indicates there will be certain color-specific evenings?? If not, what if no one packs gold and white?? Kinda blows their theme. I don’t recall ever getting prior notification of special theme or color nights, but then, we haven’t sailed on Princess yet. First Princess cruise is in January so now I need to know!🤪 Thanks!!

No, Princess just says a 7 day cruise is two formal nights. Because we took just carryon we only brought one “formal “ night. Dh just brought a dress shirt and tie. No one dressed white and gold except we saw a group of women enjoying a drink before dinner wearing it. 

• Like 2

IMG_0502.thumb.jpeg.7a430d14ddc38d7f832d3b92932cfbba.jpegToday's port stop was Naples.  Because we have been here before and did Pompeii, Amalfi coast and Sorrento we decided this time to go to Herculaneum.  We did a ship excursion which wasn't til 1:00 pm. We decided to do laundry in the morning.  One dryer had a door that didn't shut and the other ate the token we put in.  We put in another token and that did the trick. We did alert Guest Services.  

Herculaneum was quite interesting.  It is smaller than Pompeii and the buildings are more intact.  It used to be a port town but it is now about 600 meters from the ocean (if I remember correctly).  One third of the city has been excavated and the other 2/3 is not because the city of Naples is built upon it.  

We got back to ship shortly before dinner.  We have been lucky to have picked out a nice two top table all by itself next to a Wall and have been able to have it all week.  Tonight was surf and turf.  We both got it and thought it was fine.  Overall the food has been what I remembered.  Only had one meal (leg of lamb) that was overcooked.  Should have sent it back but I didn't.  Tonight's desert was the chocolate pistachio dome. I don't like that they changed the outside to green.  Dh says it tasted good but in no universe should the outside be green.  It was soft which I don't remember it being that way. Overall we enjoyed it but  feel it used to be better.

The evening performance in the theater was a singer Ross Hunter.  We remember seeing him before.  He sings great but we were not thrilled with some of his song choices.  Mostly it was our taste as opposed to anything he did.

Lastly we spent some time in Princess Live playing a couple of games. 

Tomorrow is our last day... a sea day and of course packing.  We are spending a day in Barcelona but it will be an early night as our flight in the morning is 6:05 am which means being at the airport 3 hours earlier.  Almost not worth going to sleep if we have to be picked up at 2;30 AM!!!!!!!

We have had a wonderful time with several people we will especially write up on our review.

IMG_0500.thumb.jpeg.727448c765bedd9af7da65d152a7b72c.jpegIMG_0501.thumb.jpeg.410eae364bc44c9f8617f3b82641fc6c.jpeg

Edited by dickinson
  • Thanks 2

Today's port stop was Naples.  Because we have been here before and did Pompeii, Amalfi coast and Sorrento we decided this time to go to Herculaneum.  We did a ship excursion which wasn't til 1:00 pm. We decided to do laundry in the morning.  One dryer had a door that didn't shut and the other ate the token we put in.  We put in another token and that did the trick. We did alert Guest Services.  

Herculaneum was quite interesting.  It is smaller than Pompeii and the buildings are more intact.  It used to be a port town but it is now about 600 meters from the ocean (if I remember correctly).  One third of the city has been excavated and the other 2/3 is not because the city of Naples is built upon it.  

We got back to ship shortly before dinner.  We have been lucky to have picked out a nice two top table all by itself next to a Wall and have been able to have it all week.  Tonight was surf and turf.  We both got it and thought it was fine.  Overall the food has been what I remembered.  Only had one meal (leg of lamb) that was overcooked.  Should have sent it back but I didn't.  Tonight's desert was the chocolate pistachio dome. I don't like that they changed the outside to green.  Dh says it tasted good but in no universe should the outside be green.  It was soft which I don't remember it being that way. Overall we enjoyed it but  feel it used to be better.

The evening performance in the theater was a singer Ross Hunter.  We remember seeing him before.  He sings great but we were not thrilled with some of his song choices.  Mostly it was our taste as opposed to anything he did.

Lastly we spent some time in Princess Live playing a couple of games. 

Tomorrow is our last day... a sea day and of course packing.  We are spending a day in Barcelona but it will be an early night as our flight in the morning is 6:05 am which means being at the airport 3 hours earlier.  Almost not worth going to sleep if we have to be picked up at 2;30 AM!!!!!!!

We have had a wonderful time with several people we will especially write up on our review.

IMG_0500.thumb.jpeg.727448c765bedd9af7da65d152a7b72c.jpegIMG_0501.thumb.jpeg.410eae364bc44c9f8617f3b82641fc6c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1