Have It All with 3 adults

renee00

Does anyone know how HIA works with 3 adults in one cabin? I can't find anything on HAL's website about this situation.

I understand that if you purchase the cruise with HIA included, it's only for guests 1 and 2. Is the 3rd person then required to buy a beverage package? Can that 3rd person purchase HIA at the $50/day add-on rate? If only guests 1 and 2 have HIA and book the included specialty dining reservations, can guest 3 be added to those reservations by paying for them?

I can’t answer the question about buying HIA for the 3rd party.  Somewhere I thought i read it couldn’t be done but I would check with HAL or your TA/PCC (if you are using one if you are unable to add it for them on HAL’s website (I don’t think you can?)

But to your restaurant question yes you can book your HIA reservations and then add the person and pay for theirs.  You could also try just booking for 3 on the specialty dining and see if it still gives you the option to use your HIA credit thus only paying for them.  I haven’t tried that myself but the specialty dining booking portions seem to be improving allowing you to add people with their booking number to your reservation.

• Like 2

I dealt with this on my recent March cruise.  We paid for HIA for the first two in the cabin at time of booking.  Later I could add HIA for the 3rd person for $200 (7 day Caribbean cruise) through the website.  With the 1 x $100 in shore excursion and 1 x Pinnacle plus wifi and regular drink package it was a no brainer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

I dealt with this on my recent March cruise.  We paid for HIA for the first two in the cabin at time of booking.  Later I could add HIA for the 3rd person for $200 (7 day Caribbean cruise) through the website.  With the 1 x $100 in shore excursion and 1 x Pinnacle plus wifi and regular drink package it was a no brainer.

Oh wow, that was a great price for the 3rd person. This gives me hope for whenever I book this future cruise I'm planning!

Yes - on my recent cruise - there was an adult (40ish) child travelling with his parents. To get the HIA package for him, all three in the cabin had to purchase it. The big joke was that basically he could have 45 alcoholic drinks a day. Granted the parents used their’s for water etc, but 45 drinks - be it coffee, water, pop, alcohol is a lot for three people.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Adding an update here: we just booked a cruise for the 3 of us. It included HIA for guests 1 and 2. My PCC told me that we aren't required to buy HIA or a beverage package for guest 3. Although we could add it on for $50/day. I hope this stays correct because it wouldn't be cost-effective for us to do so (my dad doesn't drink very much at all).

You aren't required but can. 

We booked a cruise for June 2024 for 4 of us. The HIA was included for 1 and 2 and we just added it for $50/day for 3 and 4 without issue at the time of booking. We got the elite one that includes the elite beverage package, the specialty dining night, $100 each for excursion as well as pre-paid gratuties. 

If one person buys a drinks package, all adults in the same cabin must buy as I understand it.  The package is not for 2 people.  It is for one person and you are not supposed to share.

A couple of people in our group had paid for the Have It All package @ $50 a day and didn't know until day 6 of a 7 day cruise.  Someone else had organized the cruise for them.  That organizer thought they got the HIA package for free when in fact they also pay for it and hardly used it.

3 minutes ago, BackNow said:

If one person buys a drinks package, all adults in the same cabin must buy as I understand it.  The package is not for 2 people.  It is for one person and you are not supposed to share.

A couple of people in our group had paid for the Have It All package @ $50 a day and didn't know until day 6 of a 7 day cruise.  Someone else had organized the cruise for them.  That organizer thought they got the HIA package for free when in fact they also pay for it and hardly used it.

I agree - on a cruise last month there was an adult child travelling with his elderly parents. He wanted the HIA , and all three had to purchase the package. We joked that he could drink 45 alcoholic drinks a day - although the parents did use it for water and pop - and everyone benefitted from the shore excursion portion.

It depends on how HIA is added.  I wound up adding HIA to a cruise that had been booked without it.  It was $50 a day per person, including the third person.  But, only persons 1 and 2 got included wifi???  Person 3 got the SHOREX Credit, Dining, and drinks etc.  

11 hours ago, CNSJ said:

It depends on how HIA is added.  I wound up adding HIA to a cruise that had been booked without it.  It was $50 a day per person, including the third person.  But, only persons 1 and 2 got included wifi???  Person 3 got the SHOREX Credit, Dining, and drinks etc.  

It was the same thing for us when I added it through the website. 

2 hours ago, Brewgirl1 said:

We have a cruise with the Have it All, there are 3 of us. I called to add it for my son and he said he can't add it. I told him I would pay and he still said he couldn't add it???  Call again tomorrow? Any advice?

Many people on CC report that they could add it.  Call again and hopefully you will get someone who knows what they are talking about.  Untrained phone staff is really getting annoying!!  

~Nancy

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Many people on CC report that they could add it.  Call again and hopefully you will get someone who knows what they are talking about.  Untrained phone staff is really getting annoying!!  

~Nancy

It's like the human version of the website problems.  Maybe tell the agent, "I'm pretty sure it can be done.  Can you please go ask your supervisor?"

HAL definitely needs some anonymous undercover "shoppers" to test out the various components of their customer communications.  Like kings of old disguising themselves and going out among their subjects to find out what is really going on.

Does anyone know if the other cruise lines within the Carnival umbrella have similar issues with their systems?

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 1:06 PM, renee00 said:

Does anyone know how HIA works with 3 adults in one cabin? I can't find anything on HAL's website about this situation.

I understand that if you purchase the cruise with HIA included, it's only for guests 1 and 2. Is the 3rd person then required to buy a beverage package? Can that 3rd person purchase HIA at the $50/day add-on rate? If only guests 1 and 2 have HIA and book the included specialty dining reservations, can guest 3 be added to those reservations by paying for them?

The 3rd guest can have it added on. $50/day.  It may or may not include prepaid gratuities depending on the promotion.  Currently, the "early booking bonus" for 2024 does include the prepaid crew appreciation. Internet is another thing that doesn't convey to Guest #3, so they would have to share. The early booking bonus for 2024 ends September 30.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brewgirl1 said:

We have a cruise with the Have it All, there are 3 of us. I called to add it for my son and he said he can't add it. I told him I would pay and he still said he couldn't add it???  Call again tomorrow? Any advice?

Update: I called the company I bought the cruise from on another matter, so I asked her if it could be done. She wrangled with them for a while and got it done!! $50 a day and included gratuities, very much worth it!

• Like 5

We are husband and wife and our two adult sons and staying in the PS.  We almost always get the cruise-only fare since we are not big drinkers so it usually works out best for us.  For our cruise next summer, HAL had a great deal on HIA for the first two guests in the cabin.  We had this exact same question if we then needed to purchase HIA for our sons. 

We called HAL several times asking this question, and others.  The first two times, they told us we also needed to purchase it for our sons (FYI, my wife said it sounded like she was talking to the Philippines call center).  The next time she called and asked the question (she said it was a native English speaker so probably Seattle call center), they told her we did not have to buy HIA for our sons, so we booked the cruise on the spot.  Our booking on the website shows everything correct with HIA for the first two and cruise-only for our sons.

Bottom line, if you don't get the answer you want on this question, keep calling back and asking again.

• Like 2