Booked Specialty Dining Packages for Beyond and Now I am Worry

tvlgoddess

We are doing a B2B on Beyond in Oct - Nov of this year and booked the specialty dining packages for 4 and 6 nights back in May when Celebrity had their sale.  I was told at that time that since it’s a package I cannot choose my dining time but can do so once on board.  In talking to the Ameneties Department I was told that there are dining times reserved for those that booked a dining package.  On their app most nights are showing 9 or 9:30 or no availability right now.  For anyone that had a dining package on Beyond recently, will I have trouble getting the 6 o’clock time and for the nights I want? 

I feel like they'd only reserve a certain amount of reservations or appointments otherwise specialty dining package would be quite useless, or be met with much critique. I do have the same anxieties as you, it is my first time buying the package as well. Your best bet is probably boarding and going to the desk ASAP.

I know for other things they'll reserve a certain amount of spots/special items but not all of it so people on board can purchase as well. The dining package was also all sold out for me on the website but I managed to get another one through call.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with more knowledge.

The best answer I can give you is to find someone who can make your reservations as soon as you are walking on the ship.  Sometimes there is someone with a tablet right when you walk on.  Sometimes you have to go to one of the specialty restaurants and there will be someone who can make those reservations for you.  If you wait too long after boarding there is chance that the times you are hoping for will be unavailable.  But my advice is to board as early as you can and go straight to someone who can make those reservations for you.  Good luck!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tvlgoddess said:

For anyone that had a dining package on Beyond recently, will I have trouble getting the 6 o’clock time and for the nights I want? 

This is the best answer...

23 minutes ago, mufflogan said:

The best answer I can give you is to find someone who can make your reservations as soon as you are walking on the ship.

Even then you may struggle to get 6pm on specific nights, so try to be a little flexible and I'm sure you will have a great time.

If you can't get the exactly time you want on a day that you have something special planned it is always worth checking again with the Maître d' of that venue after the first day as a lot of people move their reservations around once onboard, so a vacancy may open up...

Edited by Mark_T

Please do not worry. We purchase a dining pkg every single cruise and my best suggestion, has been mentioned already, take care of this first thing when you board. If you are unfamiliar with the ship, I would look at a deck plan ahead of time and locate the area where the specialty dining venues are and reserve all of your meals there upon boarding. Sometimes there is someone even standing outside OV waiting to sell dining and they can schedule for you as well.

My advice is to be prepared with a list of dates, times and restaurants you want to visit- prepare ahead of boarding. I always have a few options ready so if I don't get what we'd really want, I am ready with other options. Even if you can't have your preferred time, you can always check back another day as others cancel or modify their reservations.

Even if you don't get your preferred time- you are on a cruise and living life in paradise for a bit...celebrate that and enjoy. Good luck-

5 minutes ago, floralscent said:

Sometimes there is someone even standing outside OV waiting to sell dining and they can schedule for you as well.

Sometimes there is no one on hand in the specialty dining area that early, and the Maitre d' isn't at his stand so this is what I've done in the past....elevator right up to the OV, first one 'in line', and booked all my preferences with the one person.  Helps to have your list of venues and times on hand so it moves quicker and those waiting behind with thank you...LOL.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 11:16 PM, tvlgoddess said:

We are doing a B2B on Beyond in Oct - Nov of this year and booked the specialty dining packages for 4 and 6 nights back in May when Celebrity had their sale.  I was told at that time that since it’s a package I cannot choose my dining time but can do so once on board.  In talking to the Ameneties Department I was told that there are dining times reserved for those that booked a dining package.  On their app most nights are showing 9 or 9:30 or no availability right now.  For anyone that had a dining package on Beyond recently, will I have trouble getting the 6 o’clock time and for the nights I want? 

No one can really tell.  What you see available on the app or website isn't all the available spots the restaurants and dining rooms kept spots open for on board bookings.  Some restaurants are more popular than others and LePetit Chef only has 2 seating a night (early and late).on our most recent cruise it was 5:30 and 8:15.