Still confused re. Classic vs. Premium drink packages

Jose Zalfadilla

12 minutes ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

I get it, thanks! So, Celeb doesn't have one of those apps that are downloaded into a wearable medallion or to a smart phone that will unlock/lock cabin door as you approach it or walk away from it?

No..the app may open the door on some of the newer ships, I’m not sure.  I rarely look at my phone once I board. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2023 at 4:56 PM, normbieg said:

Daisyfire, would you post a copy of that screenshot, please.

I've been searching and cannot find it.

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay... my day got off to a late start and I am just now getting off work. 

This was a screen shot from during the Labor Day Flash Sale.  I don't think this is the current price offered for my cruise anymore.

image.png.c5005bda1b2a35b6956411ecf1bacd59.png

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2023 at 1:56 PM, Mark_T said:

That can't happen with alcoholic drinks, the price alone determines which package it is in, and if it is over your package price you just pay the difference + 20%.

After reading your post I also read somewhere, just can't recall where now, that Guiness is offered only only with the Premium package and sells for $8, or $2 under the max charged for drinks under the Classic pkge. If this is true, and I order one while I have the Classic, they can't obviously just charge me the balance plus 20%, since it's a beer not offered with the Classic that sells for under the Classic max price on drinks. I assume I would have to then pay the full $8 price of the beer since there's no way to just adjust and pay a balance with beers not in the Classic.

40 minutes ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

After reading your post I also read somewhere, just can't recall where now, that Guiness is offered only only with the Premium package and sells for $8, or $2 under the max charged for drinks under the Classic pkge. If this is true...

... it isn't, if it is sold for $8 then it is included in the classic package.

It really is price alone that dictates what is or is not in each package for alcoholic beverages...

A quick check on one of the ships sailing at the moment shows Guinness as $11, so that means it is on the Premium package, or would cost you $1+tip if you had the classic package.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

... it isn't, if it is sold for $8 then it is included in the classic package.

It really is price alone that dictates what is or is not in each package for alcoholic beverages...

A quick check on one of the ships sailing at the moment shows Guinness as $11, so that means it is on the Premium package, or would cost you $1+tip if you had the classic package.

Well, thanks! I think I finally got it. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 1:51 AM, SmilingOctopus said:

If it's of any help, celebrity sent me this pdf some weeks ago. As far as I know this is still valid at the moment. 

It also states that it includes alcoholic drinks up to $10. Beverage_Package_Brochure.pdf

This is very interesting info to have. It’s been reported somewhere (Maybe on FB) that the premium teas at Al Bacio are no longer included in the Classic package. This flyer would conflict with that, except that it has the «subject to change» at any time disclaimer.

On 9/4/2023 at 11:19 PM, rj59 said:

I've only been with Celebrity for a year, but have been on 5 cruises with them, several with the package included. One thing that will surprise you is that drink prices are rather elevated, to not only persuade people to get a package, but also to convince you to upgrade. So a plain latte will be $5 or so, and the beer lists are all over the place, some classic, some premium, regardless of quality. The main thing to be aware of if you're coming from another line is that Celebrity will hard sell you everywhere to not only get the package, but also to upgrade your package to premium--in the cafe, the dining room, people randomly stopping passengers on embarkation day, and of course in bars. The basic wifi is also significantly throttled, also to make it so frustrating that you'll upgrade. I love most things about Celebrity, and I feel sorry for the crew who are urged to push packages and upgrades, but if I don't have a package, I don't even buy a coffee or drink until several days in the cruise, when they stop the spiels. They also evidently have a lot riding on survey ratings, since I'm routinely begged for a good rating by servers, and even buffet managers giving a speech on the final day, when they bring out all the cakes and goodies. I also found that the packages are so confusing that even servers gave me false information--when I had the zero-proof package a bartender told me my mocktail wasn't included on the package and that I needed to upgrade, but I told him to just swipe my card, and of course it was included--I wasn't sure if he was lying or not to trick me into upgrading, but the package description doesn't mention mocktails, so Celebrity itself is being evasive in not listing them as an option, in hopes you will upgrade. 

It depends on your expectations.  If you expect prices to be similar to the in-house bar of a quality resort hotel, you won’t be surprised.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 4:56 PM, Mark_T said:

That can't happen with alcoholic drinks, the price alone determines which package it is in, and if it is over your package price you just pay the difference + 20%.

It is only non-alcoholic drinks where they are either in your package or you have to pay full price. So still water in a can is in the classic package, sparkling water is not included so you have to pay full price even though that may only be $5.+20%

Actually, I was told differently. I am gluten-free and the only gluten-free beer is on the premium package. If I want a gluten-free beer with Classic package, I pay the full $8.50 plus gratuity just like you would do for a premium water like Evian for example. 

5 minutes ago, arubaaruba said:

Actually, I was told differently. I am gluten-free and the only gluten-free beer is on the premium package. If I want a gluten-free beer with Classic package, I pay the full $8.50 plus gratuity just like you would do for a premium water like Evian for example. 

That would seem like a stage decision, I'd be asking to see a definitive list which confirmed that as there is nothing else I've seen published that would justify charging you full price for an alcoholic beverage that is below $10...

19 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

That would seem like a stage decision, I'd be asking to see a definitive list which confirmed that as there is nothing else I've seen published that would justify charging you full price for an alcoholic beverage that is below $10...

Just picked a ship at random and on the current Reflection cruise, their gluten free beer is $11, so would be on the premium and should be available for a $1+ tip up charge...

We are on the Summit and we’re having lunch with friends when one person asked about upgrading to Premium package.  Her partner does not drink alcohol and she was told he would upgrade her and her partner could stay with the classic.  She replied she would like to think about it.  He came back four times to ask her if she made up her mind.  The fourth time she told him no and he finally left us alone.  Another server kept trying to sign us up for one of the many wine tastings and pressed the issue over and over until we said no.

I hope this is not an indication of the sales pitches we will have to be harassed about for the next ten days.

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

Just picked a ship at random and on the current Reflection cruise, their gluten free beer is $11, so would be on the premium and should be available for a $1+ tip up charge...

Where do you find the price of individual drinks in each package?

I thought the same however because it is the only beer I can have, I spoke to them directly and was told any beers from the premium list, even those less than the Classic package limit would be charged in full just like non-alcoholic beverages under the minimum. 

IMG_7472.jpeg

1 hour ago, arubaaruba said:

I spoke to them directly and was told any beers from the premium list, even those less than the Classic package limit would be charged in full just like non-alcoholic beverages under the minimum. 

My guess is you will learn that this is not true when you board and order your first beer.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2023 at 6:34 PM, arubaaruba said:

I thought the same however because it is the only beer I can have, I spoke to them directly and was told any beers from the premium list, even those less than the Classic package limit would be charged in full just like non-alcoholic beverages under the minimum. 

You will just pay the difference on beers. Look at the very bottom of that list you posted, you will see the disclaimer that Classic covers drinks up to $9 and Premium covers drinks up to $15. That list you posted is just an "example" of what drinks are currently "completely covered as to cost"  as of the date of that publication.

• Like 1

In regards to coffee cocktails at Cafe al Bacio,  does anyone know if you're able to use the classic package to get them and just pay the difference in price for the ones that are more than $10?  For instance, the Macallan Reviver is listed at $15.  Would it only be $5 for someone with the classic package?  And the Cafe Kingston is listed at $10.  Would that be included?

On 9/3/2023 at 7:32 PM, jelayne said:

Pay the difference +20% on liquor and wine.  Water, smoothies, Red Bull, etc  that are only on the premium package you pay the full price +20%.  
So if you want a Martini from the Martini Bar priced at $17 you would pay $7 + 20%, $14 glass of wine is $4 +  20%.

Want a 8oz bottle of Evian pay $4 +20%

Does that mean a bottle of Evian is normally $14?