Silhouette - (hopefully) a live review - 9th September Med Cruise

ladylemondrop

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

So enjoying your review!

Such a lovely mix of life on board and sightseeing. Nice for you to enjoy some quality family time too.

Goes to show, despite concerns recently aired, cruising is still a great holiday option!

Yes having a really wonderful time we have absolutely no complaints at all, a few very minor niggles but nothing worth dwelling on. 

The biggest noticeable difference is the sheer volume of people compared to last year. That’s not a fault of the cruise line, that’s just luck. As in, last year we were lucky it sailed half empty! 

We are hoping our tour in Cadiz is not 5 coach loads full. Today we are in Marseille and just doing our own thing. 

• Like 3

We didn’t have long in port today, and it takes a good half hour by shuttle (free) from the ship to the cathedral. I would not recommend trying to walk… 

We went into the beautiful cathedral, and then walked through the tiny winding streets of Le Panier district, yes, scruffy, but so full of character! It was interesting. We bought lots of soaps to take home as gifts. 

We are now ‘home’ again already at 1pm. We have been invited to the Helipad sailaway but it’s very hot up there with no shade so we will probably stay by the pool in the shade. 

IMG_4046.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4050.jpeg

IMG_4058.jpeg

IMG_4059.jpeg

IMG_4060.jpeg

IMG_4061.jpeg

IMG_4063.jpeg

IMG_4064.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info.  We’ll be in Marseilles with my brother and sister in law June 7, 2024 from 2-8 pm.  This sounds like a nice way to see it.

Does the shuttle offer a return trip as well or you just got back on your own?

Although I do like more organized tours, sometimes it’s just nice to be on your own.  Looking forward to the soaps 😁

48 minutes ago, Summer1961 said:

Thanks for the info.  We’ll be in Marseilles with my brother and sister in law June 7, 2024 from 2-8 pm.  This sounds like a nice way to see it.

Although I do like more organized tours, sometimes it’s just nice to be on your own.  Looking forward to the soaps 😁

We were in Marseille on Reflection 2 weeks ago and got the ship shuttle into town which cost $15. We then got the petit train to the Basilica of Notre Dame. On the return journey we were dropped at the old port where we walked around, before catching the return shuttle to the ship. The train cost €9. We actually found Marseille nicer than anticipated and we also bought lots of soap. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 3:48 PM, ladylemondrop said:

Hcat, ducks is just something that people do on cruises for fun! I only found out about it recently but we joined in and it is something that just puts a smile on your face, the guys at the Martini bar were squeaking one tonight every time they got a tip. 

Lawn club was good, just as we remembered it, really tasty home style food. A lovely laid back atmosphere too. I will let the photos speak for themselves…. I

had a proper dessert tonight!! (And a cheeky night cap martini of course) 😉 early night for me. There’s a huge storm it’s wonderful to watch on the balcony. 

IMG_3835.jpeg

IMG_3838.jpeg

IMG_3841.jpeg

IMG_3844.jpeg

IMG_3845.jpeg

IMG_3848.jpeg

IMG_3849.jpeg

5 hours ago, Summer1961 said:

The shuttle bus was return and was free. I just don’t think they had time to check tickets etc it was so busy and such a short window in port. 
I spent waaayyy too much on soap! Everyone back home is getting soap… 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tonight we dined at Le Petit Chef, it was fun, and the food was tasty, nothing too fancy but very nice anyway. We love the animations it’s just childish fun. My husband loved the lobster and said it’s one of the best things he’s had this cruise. Dessert is basic, ice cream. 

After dinner we went to the Full Moon Party, by the pool, even though the weather is a bit windy, it was very well attended. It wasn’t my favourite choice of music but I understand you can’t please everyone at a disco. (Was old stuff and I prefer modern pop) People let their hair down though! 

IMG_4082.jpeg

IMG_4096.jpeg

IMG_4080.jpeg

IMG_4081.jpeg

IMG_4091.jpeg

IMG_4097.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ladylemondrop said:

The shuttle bus was return and was free. I just don’t think they had time to check tickets etc it was so busy and such a short window in port. 

wait til you go thru customs..hope no issues like we had

went around and around...we finally settled on the word candles..which seemed to be ok really annoying!

but everyone loved their soap and lavendar!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ladylemondrop said:

I bought too much soap on a cruise one time too.  😂. Don’t underestimate it’s weight!

1 minute ago, ladylemondrop said:

Thankfully we are not flying home. But I still have to carry it somehow… my case was so full already when I got here! 

When we pack we always pack a little bubble wrap, which we then can discard to make space for souvenirs (usually bottles) when we return😉

• Like 1

Today is my birthday and we are at sea. I feel a little bit tired after staying up late for the pool party, but am just enjoying a lovely latte at Al Bacio (we are actually seated in Sushi on Five as it’s so busy, which seems a good use of space) 

Here are couple of photos from last night. We had late night pizza too! It was good fun. 

IMG_3993.jpeg

IMG_3994.jpeg

IMG_3987.jpeg

IMG_4098.jpeg

IMG_3999.jpeg

IMG_4118.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ladylemondrop said:

Today is my birthday and we are at sea. I feel a little bit tired after staying up late for the pool party, but am just enjoying a lovely latte at Al Bacio (we are actually seated in Sushi on Five as it’s so busy, which seems a good use of space) 

Here are couple of photos from last night. We had late night pizza too! It was good fun. 

IMG_3993.jpeg

IMG_3994.jpeg

IMG_3987.jpeg

IMG_4098.jpeg

IMG_3999.jpeg

IMG_4118.jpeg

Happy birthday young lady !

• Like 1