Sydney New Year's Eve 2023

Hi all.

The official City of Sydney website for this year's fireworks and other festivities has gone live.

https://www.sydneynewyearseve.com

Apart from that,

NSW residents can from today enter a ballot for tickets for prime viewing points of the fireworks. 

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/news-and-events/nye-on-the-cahill-expressway-2023

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Accommodation is too expensive at NYE, better off watching it on the Television 

Ha. 🙂

Watched from the penthouse suites of the Four Seasons last year and The Crown the year before (looking DOWN on the fireworks from there).

Sometimes it has its perks to work in hospitality. Or have a mate that does...

😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, buchhalm said:

Ha. 🙂

Watched from the penthouse suites of the Four Seasons last year and The Crown the year before (looking DOWN on the fireworks from there).

Sometimes it has its perks to work in hospitality. Or have a mate that does...

😉

Yep, good to have mates.

1 hour ago, Tounces105 said:

How do they check that you are an NSW resident in the Cahill Expressway lottery? Can someone who is not a resident apply? Will they check IDs?

When you apply through the NSW government / Transport fir NSW websites, they ask for a NSW postcode. 

When/if you win tickets, they will probably ask for some sort of prove.

5 hours ago, buchhalm said:

When you apply through the NSW government / Transport fir NSW websites, they ask for a NSW postcode. 

When/if you win tickets, they will probably ask for some sort of prove.

I wonder if ACT residents would be accepted, our postcodes are always being thought of ad NSW ones.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I wonder if ACT residents would be accepted, our postcodes are always being thought of ad NSW ones.

It won't hurt to try, mate.

If I "win" a few tix, you can have 2 of mine.

🙂

• Like 1

Royal Sydney Botanical Gardens has four FREE sites this year for NYE. Usually they are ticketed and expensive.  

According to their website, you can start queuing at 7am, gates open at 11am and site will close as soon as they reach capacity.  Once you are in, you are in.  If you need to leave, you can’t go back in.

Last year the queue down Macquarie Street went back to the State Library.  I bet this year since it’s free, the queue will go back to St Mary’s Cathedral…

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tounces105 said:

How do they check that you are an NSW resident in the Cahill Expressway lottery? Can someone who is not a resident apply? Will they check IDs?

Just your postcode to apply. They probably check the electoral roll before they confirm successful tickets.

If I get tickets, I’ll let you know, what further proof is needed.

Edited by aussielozzie18

On 9/7/2023 at 9:29 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Royal Sydney Botanical Gardens has four FREE sites this year for NYE. Usually they are ticketed and expensive.  

According to their website, you can start queuing at 7am, gates open at 11am and site will close as soon as they reach capacity.  Once you are in, you are in.  If you need to leave, you can’t go back in.

Last year the queue down Macquarie Street went back to the State Library.  I bet this year since it’s free, the queue will go back to St Mary’s Cathedral…

That is good news

On 9/5/2023 at 1:24 PM, MicCanberra said:

Accommodation is too expensive at NYE, better off watching it on the Television 

Recorded last years and will just watch again - seen one NYE fireworks display, seen them all 🙂

NYE fireworks - 2nd biggest waste of money in 2023.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A few years back wife and I did a NYE Sydney Harbour cruise. The cruise boat was great with drinks, food and live band. But the fireworks show was a big let down. Watercraft had to moor, anchor or motor about, too far away. The sound of the  fireworks exploding and music were way out of sync with the visual.

I just watch it on TV - sometimes.

• Like 1