Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

1 hour ago, Petersonfcu said:

Let me add my voice to the choir and thank you for this blog!  Excellent photos and fresh commentary.  I am now primed for my next cruise on the Discovery Princess at the end of this month followed immediately by a cruise on the Carnival Radiance.  Those will, however, be quite a bit different than your Carnival/Cunard combo!  And, oddly, both cruises will take me into the top tier status on the respective cruise lines.  Unlimited free laundry!  🙂

Enjoy! I'm still looking at princess especially once they put a ship in port  canaveral..

18 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Have a great last day and thanks again for taking the time to post so much of your Carnival and Cunard experiences. 

Thank you!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gumbo4Life said:

Continue to enjoy your live report!  What coffee is this, I need to try something new and this looks yummy. We just finished sea day 1 of 5 on the Pride headed to Grand Turk. 😄

How's the weather on your return crossing? We definitely were reminded how lucky we were on the way over, it's been much rockier and ugly out than the crossing over.

Grand Turk? How exotic 🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks so much for your informative and honest ongoing review. Have enjoyed it a lot! I will be sailing on the Freedom on Saturday the 11th. Do you have any idea if the entertainers are staying on or being replaced when you get back this week? Sounds like the Freedom Rock Band and Piano guy were quite good (when he went to work and not hanging out at a bar?). Have all of the plumbing problems been fixed? I am on the same deck as you (7) so glad to hear that deck has been ok. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, braveslake said:

Thanks so much for your informative and honest ongoing review. Have enjoyed it a lot! I will be sailing on the Freedom on Saturday the 11th. Do you have any idea if the entertainers are staying on or being replaced when you get back this week? Sounds like the Freedom Rock Band and Piano guy were quite good (when he went to work and not hanging out at a bar?). Have all of the plumbing problems been fixed? I am on the same deck as you (7) so glad to hear that deck has been ok. Thanks in advance. 

I'm not sure about the entertainers, but most are new for this sailing so I think they will still be onboard. 

Piano man has had a tough crowd to work with on top of this being his first gig as a PBE. He's developing his act, but I'm not sure if he's going to make it.

Had a great conversation with him early on, and the details of the position were not clearly explained to him. I'd be interested to hear how he's going after a few sailings with a lively crowd, he's an amazingly talented performer, just not sure if PBE is the right fit for his skillset.

Plumbing issues seem to have been resolved. Or at least the complaints of it have stopped on the FB group. I think we got all or at least most of the kinks worked out for you 😀. Mid ship hot tubs have still not been filled, and I think laundry is still down.

Enjoy your cruise 🛳 

• Like 4

Spring rolls were nice. Crunchy and a nice tasty flavor. Just not real hot still.

Kung pao chicken was decent. I asked if they could make it extra spicy and they brought a sauce that was mild at best. Not my favorite but it was still good.

Lettuce wrap 

16992063397086580712669958848657.thumb.jpg.6673fcb5318363cf4f7195c3c820c330.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

I'm not sure about the entertainers, but most are new for this sailing so I think they will still be onboard. 

Piano man has had a tough crowd to work with on top of this being his first gig as a PBE. He's developing his act, but I'm not sure if he's going to make it.

Had a great conversation with him early on, and the details of the position were not clearly explained to him. I'd be interested to hear how he's going after a few sailings with a lively crowd, he's an amazingly talented performer, just not sure if PBE is the right fit for his skillset.

Plumbing issues seem to have been resolved. Or at least the complaints of it have stopped on the FB group. I think we got all or at least most of the kinks worked out for you 😀. Mid ship hot tubs have still not been filled, and I think laundry is still down.

Enjoy your cruise 🛳 

I would think for a neophyte to the PBE world, Carnival would at least have them watch a recording of established PBE so they know how the structure of the performance is.  Don't they have the singers/dancers practice in Miami for some time before sending them to a ship?  PBE is an artform unto itself and a talented PBE is so much fun to experience!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, karriec said:

Enjoy your last day.  Thank you so much for doing this live!!

Thank you 😊 

4 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I would think for a neophyte to the PBE world, Carnival would at least have them watch a recording of established PBE so they know how the structure of the performance is.  Don't they have the singers/dancers practice in Miami for some time before sending them to a ship?  PBE is an artform unto itself and a talented PBE is so much fun to experience!

It would make sense so they would get a feel for the experience but that did not happen. It does for other acts I've heard the rockband tell all kinds of stories about their time in rehearsals which apperently lasted about two months before they came to the ship.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

I don't see any of those red peppers that make the dish good. 

There was some in the sauce I added to it, but not nearly enough.

I need a ship with jiji's. Even there, it's not spicy like it used to be unless I ask. But when I do, wow 👌 very spicy.

• Like 7